MACAU Open 2016 : Qualification-FINALS (29th November-4th December)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / Scottish Open / Macau Open 2016' started by CLELY, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

And Pangisthu through to QF :)

#Tapatalk

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a fightback by Fitriani in G2

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei nearly blew it in G2, Fitriani is a fighter

4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Zhao Jun Peng will face a really good test against Sai Praneeth. Players from India are really good and you need to have a good defence and patience to withstand the pressure. You also need to have really good strokes and not give away free points. Sai likes a fast game and so does ZJP. But i feel SP has the upper hand if the tempo is fast. Lets see how ZJP copes. A good game to watch. I am afraid ZJP is the underdog in this match.

5. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    She lost to Akane Yamaguchi 21-19, 21-19 in WJC 2014 and to Line Kjaersfelt by a whisker in recent China SSP, losing 22-20 in the rubber. Must be quite good.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd expected Sun Feixiang after beating Ihsan Mustofa not to get past Sai Praneeth, and if Vincent Wong whom I thought has a fighting chance was despatched in two straight sets, I doubt Zhao Junpeng can do any better tomorrow.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now that you've pointed out those two matches, I've to concede Chen Xiaoxin has quite good potential.

8. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I agree its an uphill task for ZJP. He plays a similar style to Lee Hyun-iL but doesnt have enough skills. He has to play a slow controlled game to have any chance.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

QUARTERFINALS (12.30pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...50AA6D-483B-4CB9-9B7A-AA841518953C&d=20161202

*Match Highlights :
    - Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu (INA)
    - Wang Tzu Wei (TPE) v Chong Wei Feng (MAS)
    - Saina Nehwal (IND) v Zhang Yiman (CHN)
    - Goh Jin Wei (MAS) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    - Chen HL/Wang CL (TPE) v Lu K/Zhang N (CHN)
    - Chan PS/Goh LY (MAS) v Zhang N/Li YH (CHN)
    - Prasetya/Saufika (INA) v Tan KM/Lai PJ (MAS

Only two seeded MS players remain in quarterfinal stage, title contender Chou Tien Chen will up against Indonesian promising youngster Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu who eliminated Sameer Verma and Liew Daren at previous rounds. Another two Chinese Taipei quarterfinalists, Lin Yu Hsien has recent New Zealand GP Gold winner Huang Yuxiang and the potential star Wang Tzu Wei will be challenged by Chong Wei Feng. One remaining last eight tie in this category will see Sai Praneeth against Chinese second stringer Zhao Junpeng, the Indian stunned Hong Kong rival Wong Wing Ki yesterday.

Three intriguing women's singles clashes are on course, Saina Nehwal will find Chinese hurdle Zhang Yiman who delivered hard times for He Bingjiao in Fuzhou recently. Nehwal performance is still struggling after back from knee surgery, played rubber games to eliminate her preliminary round opponents. Former and recent World Junior Champion will face off today, Goh Jin Wei v Chen Yufei, first time meeting in senior level. On bottom half draw, Singaporean Liang Xiaoyu has Hong Kong well-improved shuttler Cheung Ngan Yi who showed good progress in DEN Premier and HKG Superseries.

Men's doubles top two seeds, Taiwanese pairs Chen HL/Wang CL and Lee JH/Lee Y have tricky tests that may thwarted them into final four, China fresh partnerships Lu K/Zhang N and Hong Kong Or CC/Tang CM respectively. Chinese new leading ladies, Chen QC/Jia YF should have no problem to check into semifinal also second seed Vivian Hoo/Woon KW as well. A tight women's doubles battle happened in last sixteen, 3rd seed Haris/Sari lost narrowly to Malaysian combination Chow MK/Lee MY with 21-12 / 18-21 / 19-21.Hong Kong has secured 1 mixed doubles semifinal berth and one more representative may coming from Lee CH/Chau HW who will face SGP pair Terry Hee/Tan WH. The front runner Rio silver medalist Chan PS/Goh LY will meet tough challenge to overcome, Zhang N/L:i YH while their teammates Tan KM/Lai PJ are favoured to overcome Indonesians Prasetya/Saufika.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A poor start in G2 by Zhang Yiman

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

saina is not at all in her usual self yet . it's unfortunate she could not move freely and her usual aggressive display is missing.
    if I am a player, I won't take the win over 'this' saina to mind and celebrate. This Saina is only 50% fit.

12. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Saina unable to cover her forehand

13. rajat_remar

Zhang Yiman is a very graceful player the trait we usually associate with most former chinese WS players

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An upset. At first I was even thinking if Zhang Yiman could take more than 12 points or so per set. I think she's somewhat lucky that Saina isn't fully match fit coming back from injury in only her second tournament.

15. Baddyforall

saina's right knee was operated. She is under still rehabilitation. Even her coach Vimal said that she is struggling because of that operation. she just wanted to access her condition in the coming tournaments. she should opt out of competitions for a while . she should not give confidence to lower ranked players who avail this opportunity to defeat her.

16. Baddyforall

This happened to Saina when she is not fit. I want Saina to come back fully fit and face the same opponent again to access the correct situation.

17. rajat_remar

IMO it was a good decision for her to play these few tournaments, to test herself and know which areas need fine tuning. She and her coaches have said in their interviews that they do not care for the results, but to keep her in touch with the competition in the tournaments.
    However, of course, the opponents were aware about her injury and that's why they were playing so many sliced shots to her forehand side. But her movement had marked improvement in this tournament from China Open SS.
    Also she might be aiming to come back to form before the BPL, in January, where she would want to show her worth, as she was auctioned at a very low price.

18. Baddyforall

people are cruel. if olympics bronze and silver medallists were auctioned for low price than 'empty' people, what could we say.
    it was also said that Saina and sindhu's names were called at last when the owners of the groups were already spent most of the 'limited allowed' money which they could use it. I don't know which went wrong.

19. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

only to be beaten quite badly by the first seed CHOU Tien Chen :(

20. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

Jin Wei will go against Yufei next. An exciting match.