LYB threatens his players

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by taufik-ist, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The translation of..

..the word "ancam"(Indonesian/Malay)=threatens, most likely was taken out of context or was figuratively translated by the article's (newspaper) writer..

2. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

No problem from anyone here. The problem actually comes from himself :D. Ever notice how big his mouth is?

I am particularly dislike him and if he ever shout a word "leg" again when his player is playing against a m'sian player I will pray hard to all gods (from all religion) that he be put on a wheelchair for the rest of his "big mouth" life. :mad:

3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Yes, the title is very misleading. Maybe taufik-list is an newspapers journalist. It's this kind of title that attracts most readers' attention. :)

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is not from Taufik-ist...it is from one of Local newspaper which reporter is not Taufik-ist......;)

5. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Please don't be the curser but know that what goes around comes around, so his days will come. :rolleyes:

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    this is a good indonesia - english online dictionary :

http://kamus.landak.com

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i'm not journalist.. i'm just a reader :p :p

it's from local newspaper, http://www.kompas.com

8. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

All he did was trying to translate an article which none of Indonesian and Malaysian reader did. And he did stated that he is not 100% sure about the translated content. Nobody try to shove it down your throat asking you to believe everything in the translated contents alright. Internet is the place where you suppose to choose what you should and should not believe. I think he is doing a big favor for non-indonesian bc-ers here. Correct him if there is anything incorrect, instead of blaming like this.

Once again , kudos to twobeer dude.

9. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

Another title to bash lee yong bo =/. I need other sources that don't come from Indonesia. Too many factors that are unknown.

10. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Did you even read the article?
    What is there to bash LYB and what is negative about him is written here.
    All was about he "threaten" or "warn" his player the possibility of being take down in case they perform badly. Misbun said that to Hashim not long ago. So? Isnt this is how one badminton team suppose to operate?

You need to be biased against him to interpret something like this as a bashing material.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. The "leg" incident was never proved to be the real threat to LCW. Many BC/BFers here still believe that LYB means "move him around, and tire him out". So, there's no point to give a mark on LYB, if we just happen to mis-understand his sentence.

2. Even if LYB was guilty for the "leg", or even more other things. It's still not right to add one more on him. Even in court, you cannot simply add another charge against someone, who's already in jail, simply because he has a bad reputation. You need the hard fact, but not what you think about his imagine among ur own group.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I beg your pardon..

:p...Heh??:confused:..Am i blaming him??:confused:..where, where did i say/mention that??:confused:..where, where did i say there was anything incorrect??:confused:..please re-read my posts(#13 & #20):p..All i did was gave him kudos, like the other 2 posters did, even if someone or a translation engine helped out twobeer-no problem with me...But at the same time also was curious if twobeer received any assistance in translating. But unless, UNLESS, a person knows what those foreign words mean, then i would suspect someone or a translation engine might've helped him/her-->Just like how i definitely will use another medium (person or translation engine) to translate another foreign words/language which i don't understand..:p
    Btw, i *completely* understand the article/language (in its original texts) and already mentioned that twobeer did a good job..:p;)

#32 ctjcad, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Maybe in for Msians, we dont like to have pressure or a guy like LYB cracking the whip. We think by not having pressure (dunno how in the world can that be achieved) there will be less expectations and thus the titles will come.

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I hope that it's not too late. Here is my translation.
    =========================================================
    Meanwhile, China team has also arrived at Kuala Lumpur targeting a clean sweep as they did in WC 1987. As the preparation of Beijing Olympic 2008, the head coach Li Yongbo threatened (I can't think of a better word) that he will dismiss players who perform badly.

"Every player will have the equal chance to be the champion. Players who do not play to their best, they can be out of the team at any time, "Yongbo said.
    =========================================================

15. smashko

smashko Regular Member

2007 WC and many other events proved the opposite is true. If you don't want to feel pressure in training, you will feel it in tournaments and will probably falter and fail.