LYB threatens his players

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by taufik-ist, Aug 11, 2007.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    source: www.kompas.com (print edition)

August,12 2007

Tim Indonesia Tiba di Malaysia
    Li Yongbo Ancam Pemainnya

jakarta, kompas - Sebanyak 20 pemain yang akan membela tim Merah Putih dalam Kejuaraan Dunia Bulu Tangkis 2007 tiba di Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Sabtu (11/8) siang. Mereka datang dengan target meraih gelar dari tiga nomor yang diandalkan, yaitu tunggal dan ganda putra, serta ganda campuran.

Menggunakan pesawat Malaysia Airlines pukul 11.10 dari Bandar Udara Soekarno-Hatta, tim Indonesia tiba di Kuala Lumpur pukul 14.10 waktu setempat atau 13.10 WIB.

Setelah kemarin beristirahat, direncanakan hari ini Taufik Hidayat dan kawan-kawan akan berlatih di tempat berlangsungnya kejuaraan Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil, pukul 10.00. Adapun pertandingan akan berlangsung Senin (13/8), mulai pukul 09.00, hingga Minggu (19/8).

Menjadi salah satu pemain yang ditargetkan meraih gelar dari ganda putra, Markis Kido menyatakan kesiapannya untuk bertanding. Setelah tahun lalu hanya bertahan hingga perempat final, kali ini Kido yang berpasangan dengan Hendra Setiawan bertekad juara.

Menjadi unggulan ketiga, Kido/Hendra mendapat bye di babak pertama, Kido/Hendra baru memulai pertandingannya Rabu (15/8) melawan ganda Slowakia, Ales Murn/Miha Horvat.

Jika tak terhadang pada babak kedua dan ketiga, Kido/Hendra mulai menemui lawan berat di perempat final yaitu unggulan kelima, pasangan gado-gado Indonesia/Amerika Serikat, Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan. "Selain unggul pengalaman, mereka juga sangat bagus dalam bertahan. Jadi, serangan kami harus lebih agresif," ujar Kido.

Meski telah memasuki usia 30-an, Candra/Tony termasuk pasangan senior dengan penampilan yang masih konsisten. Kido/Hendra bahkan belum pernah menang dalam dua pertemuan mereka dengan Candra/Tony, salah satunya di final Indonesia Terbuka 2006.

Menjadi salah satu kandidat juara, Kido/Hendra akan bersaing dengan juara bertahan Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun yang bisa menjadi lawan di semifinal serta unggulan kedua Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong.

Sementara itu, tim China yang juga telah tiba di Kuala Lumpur menargetkan sapu bersih seperti yang terjadi pada Kejuaraan Dunia 1987. Menjadi persiapan menuju Olimpiade Beijing 2008, pelatih kepala tim China, Li Yongbo, mengancam akan mencoret pemain yang bermain buruk.

"Semua pemain memiliki kesempatan yang sama untuk juara. Jika ada pemain yang tidak bertanding dengan kemampuan terbaiknya, mereka bisa keluar dari tim kapan saja," kata Yongbo

Tahun lalu di Madrid, China mendapat empat gelar dari tunggal putra-putri dan ganda putra-putri. (afp/iya)

anyone, could you translate the news above :D

thanks in advanced

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LYB gonna break all their legs too:p

3. ixory

ixory Regular Member

I watched RTM 1 news about INA team practice in bukit Jalil this afternon, all INA player look no preassure at all especially TH,he looks so happy,always smile when camera focus on him.When reporter interview him about his preparation for WC that start tommorow ,he questioned the reporter back..the matched start tommorow???LOL

4. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    translation anybody?

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    OK I'll take a shot..

Jakarta, the compass - totalling 20 players who will defend the Red Putih
    team in the Bulu Tangkis World Championship 2007 arrived in Kuala Lumpur,
    Malaysia, on Saturday early afternoon (11/8).

They came with the goal to get medls in three disciplines, Men singles, Mens Doubles and mixed.

They left by Malaysian Airlines aircraft at 11:10 from the Soekarno-Hatta
    airport, the Indonesian team arrived in Kuala Lumpur at 14:10 local
    time or 13,10 WIB.

After the rest yesterday, Practice is scheduled today for Taufik Hidayat and friends in the championship venue, Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil, at 10:00.

The games will take place on Monday (13/8) at 9:00 to sunday (19/8)

One of the players who aims for medals in Mens singels comments that he is well prepared for the competiotion.

Last Year they only reached Quarter Final, this time Kido hjas teamed up with Hendra Setiawan determined to go for the gold.

Kido/Hendra got a bye in the first round, so their first game will be agains the Sloavki double Ales Murn / Miha Horvat on wednesday (15/8)

If they make it past the second and third round they will most likely meet heavy opposition in the form of indo/us pair candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan.

"Apart from thier superior experience, they are also in great form"
    "So, our attack need to be very agressive", said Kido.

Although reaching the 30's age wise, The CW/TG pairing is still very consistent.
    Kido/Hendra, in fact had never won in their two meetings with CW/TG.
    One of their meetings was the final in Indonesia Open 2006.

As one of the Championship candidates, Kido/Hendra will also compete with defending champions Fu Haifeng / Cai Yun, that they could face in the semis, or Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Hong if they have their way.

In the meantime, the China team that also arrived in Kuala Lumpur, with the aim to make a clean sweep similar to what that happened in the World Championship 1987.

The Chinese head coach Li Yongbo, thretened to scratch players from the Olympics 2008 if not deliviering satisfactory results.

"All players will have the same opportunity to become champion"

If the player doens't go full out and try to play to the very best of his abilitities, they could immideately leave the team, Yonbo said.

Last year in Madrid, China received four medals from mens &and women singles and mens and womens doubles.

I'm not 100%.. Indo is not my best, I can hardly write proper english :)

/Twobeer

#5 twobeer, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

markis/hendra have a tough task in winning the title this year.
    they potentially have to beat:

tony/candra in the QF
    CY/FHF in the SF
    KKK/TBH in the F

these 3 pairs are my initial favourites to win the title, so if they do manage to beat them and go all the way, well, hehe, you won't get a more deserving champion than that.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I think the word "threaten" is too much. This type of warning is very legit from any coaches' mouth. If the player does not to work hard, of course they should give up their spots to others. :cool:

8. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Thanks twobeer for translating.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree, YKH, Rexy all have made similar statement and have actually carried out the "warning". this is commonly used by coaches to motivate their players.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My interpretation is that LYB essentially said that if Chen Jin and Chen Yu meet, they will have equal "rights", and should "fight it out" ;-) Also if Bao meets Lin Dan in the nsemi... there will be no "tactical" easy-game :)

Maybe thats reading to much into it.. but..

Well,

/T

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Hopes it really will happened. We don't wished to witness an easy games when both of the Chinese compatriots meets up. Barring any serious injured suffer from the players, A Walkover frm any of them while meets up his teammates would be UNACCEPTABLE by crowds.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

LYB looks very ambitious about CHN bombastic target to create clean sweep here repeating what they reached in Beijing 20 years ago. Hard to believe that CHN will have same perfect achievement like 1987 event, particularly they must calculate the homeground factor. Just wondering about all CHN shuttlers performance in this WC whether they get full motivations or feel huge pressures with LYB warning.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for doing the translation..

..for us, Twobeer;):cool:(are you Indonesian or M'sian??)..Yeah, read that article in the local news as well. I guess it's part of LYB's psychological strategy to keep his charges focused and not take any players/pairs lightly/for granted..;)

14. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

I don't know what's everybody's problem with LYB (for being a great coach?), but the title is misleading...

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No I'm just a swedish dude :cool:...

/T

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do not think everybody has a problem with LYB...;);)
    It is common that Coach uses that statement to motivate his players....many coaches do that, not only LYB...like INA did on Luluk/Alvent as well....

If you read the article....I am sure you will agree with me..

17. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

You are amazing.....
    I sincerely think so.
    The translation is not perfect but very comprehensible, and i would be least expected it coming from a European. Where did you learn that?

Anyway, aren't Sweden official language is English?
    Or do you have something like Swede or Swedish language?

18. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I am impressed.
    Don't take this as criticism, but "Red Putih" is funny, you can translate "white" but not "red".

team

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    But that's exactly what HiddenPower's point is. The article itself is alright, but the title is very much mis-leading. Not sure this title was a straight translation from the original article, or added on by the OP. :rolleyes:

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I second..

..those guys also, twobeer..Esp. if you don't understand any of those words-;):cool:..Unless, you are using an online translation engine to translate the article or had an Indonesian or M'sian friend to help out..:confused::rolleyes::p;)

#20 ctjcad, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007