Looking for recommendation of hybrid stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by YoonSoAh, May 1, 2021.

1. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Planned to string my newly bought Razor 95 with Kizuna D61 cross and LN #1 mains tomorrow. If u asked why LN #1, koz there's no Gosen G tone 5 sadly there in Bandar Lampung. Last time I checked my stringer whether there are BG80/BG80 Power stock, he said there's none of it sadly

Some question needed tho
    1. Wonder if it'd work with yonex standard 4 knots? Or perhaps need haribito? But there's no one who knows haribito in my place zzz
    2. Any recommendation for mains, aside from BG80/BG80P/G tone 5? AFAIK there are only Yonex and Li Ning strings there in my place, no Ashaway or Victor (or perhaps someone in Bandar Lampung knows where to find em aside fron online?)

Thx in advance

#1 YoonSoAh, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    kwun likes this.
  2. NaKruL

NaKruL New Member

postgraduated student
    1. 4 knots no problem there except if your racket uses 24x24 pattern.
    2. you can easily buy from ebay for example at https://www.ebay.com/usr/racket_warehouse, bought there ashaway 68 and 64, totaly genuine. it depends what you want to get in the result, I've used recently Ashaway 68TX for mains and Yonex 66UM for crosses with 12,5 kg tension in total (26x28 lbs) what ended up me having incredibly holding string bed with no initial repulsion (block shots were just falling down like if I'm holing a pan) but the wrist slice movements required less effort to transfer the slice and in the same time any actual hit was incredibly powerful (crosses with ultimax were rocking hard there) so the defence was tougher since I required to move my wrist more to make repulsion work but my attack was even better than simple ultimax since I could fake smash into slice/fast drop which was fairly hidden (due to requirement of wrist movement being less) and controller.

3. NaKruL

NaKruL New Member

postgraduated student
    also general recommendation at 2: use a thick textured string, preferably not soft since your cross will "bite" into it resulting in fast tension loss and string break.

kwun likes this.
  4. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Been using lining 70 ex X lining ap 62 plus these few months, before that my go to was yonex bg 80 X yonex bg 66 ultimax

I like the feel of hybrid setup, i feel like it offers more bite to the shuttle so i can control it better. Aerobite is nice but aerosonic string to thin for my taste, i dont want to damage my racket. Bg80 X ultimax is also nice, but a bit too soft. I like the feel of LN70ex X ap62plus, not too hard and also good for control.