looking for pc software to manage queing at our club

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bob506, May 27, 2013.

1. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I understand, thanks for clearing up the questions, Tweeter. I'll keep an eye out for future releases but at this point, it does a bit of what I am looking for in our club, but I'm looking for more complete stats over time as well. The main reason is our club members are small so we don't really have a problem of scheduling courts, it's more of maintaining some stats for win-loss records because we mix up partners very often. Good luck with the program.

2. Tweeter

Tweeter Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No problem at all, I'm more than happy to help,

kind regards,
    Tweeter

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Tweeter, is there any way to "hold" back a group of 4 that are next in line to play?

For example,
    The situation now is this
    Court 1: Players ABCD
    Court 2: Players EFGH
    Court 3: Players IJKL

Next to play (1): Players WXYZ
    Next to play (2): Players MNOP

Players IJKL finish their game on Court 3. Players WXYZ is supposed to go on next but for whatever reason, player W is held back a bit and has to wait a while. So I want to send on Players MNOP when I click the 'finish game' icon on court 3 (and hence, players WXYZ will still be next in line).

Does this make sense?

4. Tweeter

Tweeter Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, makes perfect sense. You've a few options in this case.

1. You can click on the eraser icon above Next To Play 1. This will remove that selection of players and put them back into the available grid and each of the waiting grids will move up one.

2. You can drag and drop each of the players in Next To Play 1 onto the players in Next To Play 2 which effectively means your switching all the players on Next To Play 1 with all the players on Next To Play 2.

3. You can simply switch the player who is temporarily unavailable with any player from the other Next To Play grids or any player from the waiting to play grid.

4. To potentially prevent this from happening, players that are in the Waiting To Play grid that are going to be temporarily unavailable for whatever reason can be frozen by right clicking on their name and selecting "Pause My Play". This will make them unavailable for selection without losing their place in the queue. To un-freeze simply right click again and select "Continue My Play".

Hope the above helps your scenario,

kind regards,
    Mark.

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Thanks for the response, Mark.
    We've been it doing it with both methods #1 and #2.
    #1 is obviously tedious as players WXYZ would lose their places at the head of the queue.
    #2 is 'better' but still troublesome as each player needs to be dragged and dropped.

Which is why I wanted to know if there is a "HOLD" or "FREEZE" function available.
    Cheers anyway!

6. frederic

frederic Regular Member

Pharmaceuticals
    This is really a very good thinking. I appreciate you dear. But, I am unable to inform you about the required software. I know that it will be helpful for your team members and also for the team leader.

7. Tweeter

Tweeter Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This is very confusing unfortunately. Would you be able to have a think about what you're trying to say and possibly post again. I'm afraid the above unfortunately doesn't make any sense,

kind regards,
    Mark/Tweeter

8. Tweeter

Tweeter Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi All,

I'm resurrecting this thread with an important announcement as I know there were members on here who were looking for this option. Amongst the numerous new features since the software was first released, there is now a free version option for the BadBoard court allocation software, albeit a cut down version, but it fully handles court allocation with no extras, visit

http://www.badboard.net

for full details and to download. If you've previously used the trial version and want to give it another try, then you can contact me using the contact form on the website,

kind regards,
    Tweeter

9. zachoi

zachoi New Member

Hi all,

I wish to recommend a software that our club had been running for over a year by now (the software had been developed and run by other clubs for many more years already), which is BC4E:
    https://bc4e.net

Our club has more than 100 members. On top of this, we have many visitors on each play day. The club runs on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. We have a total of 11 courts. So, as you can imagine, it's quite difficult to run the club manually in the past. Not so difficult now after I extensively and repeatedly searched the internet for a program for our specific purpose. After using the program, members are freed up to play. As a result, they enjoy a lot.

This software is still under active maintenance with so many frequent update. The software developer actively listens to our feedback and does his best to put out updates for new features. Give it a try and I am sure you will enjoy using it too.