Looking for a player in Vaughan area.

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by magicwrist, Aug 22, 2019.

1. magicwrist

magicwrist Regular Member

There is a new club recently just opened Weston rd and Langstaff area. I played there a few times and I need a partner if anyone able to join me after work (5pm) any weekday is good. The club just opened a few week ago, it has 8 courts with professional mat. I am intermediate level, like to rally, practice and play some fun game. please pm if you guys interested. The club is new, not too many players there an sometime empty, so we can play 2 to 3 hours without switching. Good for practice and rally. Thanks

2. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    This new badminton place is called Canada Elite Badminton & Sports, located at 177 Westcreek Dr, Woodbridge, ON L4L 9N6 (behind Mandarin .

Their website is https://www.canadaelitebadminton.com/ and social media https://www.facebook.com/CanadaEliteBadminton/
    Their FB account is more updated.

I haven't played there on weekdays or weeknights, but I have gone there several times on Saturday's evenings. They have strong advance and very close to advance players. If you have a chance to drop in on Sat evening, you will have good competitive games.

3. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

interesting. this place is closer to my place than epic..might have to try this place out.

still good to go? not super busy? competitive players?

4. magicwrist

I played here 2 times a week, place get a bit busier mostly for training but after 8pm lots of empty court. if you look for partner to play here please let me know, I usually play after I finished work 5 pm but if you prefer set time please let me know I will try to meet you.

5. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

i wanted to go on sunday but when i called they said no one was there for drop in and for me to bring friends lol

i live by yorkdale and dont have car so weekdays dont work (I usually rent car on weekend). do you play weekends too?

6. magicwrist

yeah, they are usually half empty or no one there at all. Sunday they usually open around 9:30 if they have training. they may not have training on that day when you called. I also live near Yorkdale mall too. I play every Saturday too around 2 pm.
    are you single player or double? I played mostly single and like to rally, practising and have some fun game after.

7. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I actually started playing badminton playing singles but all drop in and community centres is doubles so past year and half I've only been playing doubles. Maybe I will message you when I go. Saturdays usually has good amount of ppl? How is the level of players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk