Looking for a new racquet to replace my favorite but obsolete old unit

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by l3ryan, Apr 12, 2021.

1. l3ryan

l3ryan Regular Member

Hi all, anyone heard of the racquet PROACE Sweetspot 2000?
    I have one that I have been using since my high school days which was more than 15 years ago and I really like how it plays/feels.

I bought an Apacs Lethal 100 a year back and took me awhile to get use to it, and the Sweetspot 2000 became my spare racquet since then.
    However last week the string on my Apacs broke and I had to use the spare for a whole 2 hour session, and felt I suddenly played better on the way cheaper/lighter old racquet.

Do you guys know any new racquet that feels or plays like the PROACE Sweetspot 2000?
    I checked the specs it's mentioned as a head heavy but lightweight racquet, and to me I especially like how "whippy" it feels even though it's really light on hand.

Specs I found online:
    Weight: 86g + 2g
    Flex: Hard + Head Heavy
    Grip size: 3U + G2
    Maximum Tension: 32 LBS
    Material: Titanium

any recommendations at any price range is welcomed, thanks!

*I mainly play doubles and occasionally single as well

tetra likes this.
  2. tetra

tetra Regular Member

You can try windstorm 72

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

l3ryan likes this.
  3. l3ryan

l3ryan Regular Member

Thanks I'll check it out!

4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

Since you like the 'whippy' feel, why not try a flexible racket. The stiffness could be what made the apacs feel heavier to hit with.

l3ryan likes this.
  5. l3ryan

l3ryan Regular Member

I see, which flexible racket would you recommend?

6. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I don't play with a flexible racket and I only have limited experience with them, so I can't give you a specific answer.
    I suggest you look through online stores for a racket with the following specs: 80-85 grams, head heavy or even balance(whatever you prefer), medium flex or flexible.

There is nothing better to evaluate a racket than to play with it yourself, so it's not a bad idea to ask other players if you can try their rackets for a few minutes. Maybe they have a racket that feels good. Write down the model and see if it is available. Or look up the racket's specs and find something similar.

Don't look at price, don't look at brand. Look at the specifications like weight, balance, and stiffness. That's what makes rackets feel different from each other.