London team needs a coach!!!

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by priyag, Jul 8, 2008.

1. priyag

priyag Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone.

I am president of ICSM (Imperial College School of Medicine) Badminton Club.
    We are looking for coaching in Paddington of approx 2 hrs per week for our club teams (mixed, mens and womens). We would like to focus on our pairings and improving our match-play as we are all experienced players but can always get better.

- We are currently short of funds but I would love to know if there is a professional coach in thea area who is interested in taking us on and how much the charge would be per session.

- I also understand it is very difficult to find coaches, especially given our finances, so if there is even an experienced player (e.g. veteran) who fancies giving some free time and helping us out voluntarily, and passing on knowledge from matches, that would be brilliant. We could try to pay for transport costs.

If taking on a team to coach is too much, we are also looking for somebody to help us at general practices and teach some enthusiastic beginners about the game.

If you are a coach, are coached in the London area, are an enthusiastic badminton player with some free time and want to voluntarily help a student team or want to teach beginners, please please get in touch and give me email addresses or numbers to contact.

We're a friendly bunch and any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Priya xx

2. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    Hello Priya,

do you take foreign coaches? me and my partner are very passionate about the game of badminton and my partner has been coached by Liu Jun, former All england champion, and am confident that she can pass on some good skills and techniques to your players. We are from malaysia but not sure if we fit your criteria.

Jason from Malaysia.

you can contact me at jasonsoyza@yahoo.com

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LOL the OP is asking for a volunteer coach in London, UK. I don't think their travel costs will run to a weekly commute to KL!:D:D

4. Mikeadelic

Mikeadelic New Member

Volunteer
    Hi Priya,

I play badminton to a very good standard and know a lot about the game. I am looking to become a badminton coach or coach assistant in the very near future, just need to find somewhere in London to train for the relevant qualifications.
    I'd be more than willing to help on a voluntary basis if you'd like me to.
    Leave a reply here or e-mail me at mike1@talk21.com
    I live in Teddington, so getting up in to London won't be a problem.

Thanks,

Michael