Local High End Shoes(Priced at mid end Yonex shoes) VS High End Yonex Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by INAtoPHtoINAplayer, Oct 15, 2020.

1. INAtoPHtoINAplayer

INAtoPHtoINAplayer New Member

Hello long time reader in this forum since two years ago, never posted, so this is the first time I do this so basically what the title says. Huge dilemma on choosing the next pair of shoes for my badminton game. Long story short, my current badminton shoes insole has been degraded so much I think it's time for a new replacement.

So, I'm torn between choosing badminton shoes from my local brand, which their High end shoes cost around half of the price of Yonex High end shoes. My question is, does Yonex high end shoes(I'm considering SHB 65 Z 2) provides THAT much of comfort, cushioning, and stability compared to Local brand which their High end shoes model are priced around half of Yonex High end Shoes. Also a lot of top national circuit players from my country are using this high end local brand shoes I'm talking about.

For extra info, I usually play on ceramic flooring or wooden flooring, rarely on badminton court mat. I never twist my ankle when playing, but lately my knees just feel a little more fatigue using this old badminton shoes. I use this cheap badminton shoes which cost around $20.

Pardon me for my bad English, and sorry for such confusing question, but maybe other Indonesian, or other Asian country people with local badminton brand could relate to this question?

2. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Hi fellow Indonesian, nice to meet you bro. In my opinion, Yonex/ Victor High End Shoes truly worth the price for its comfort, stability, and cushioning. I can say that because around 5 years ago I also wore local brand shoes (Mid end). I'm not saying that local shoes quality are bad, but compare to Victor/ Yonex high end shoes; the comfort, cushioning and stability are much different.

I'm not rich or anything, but I always invest in best pair of shoes that I can get because I'm on my mid 30's now, so stability and comfort for my legs and feet are the priority when i'm playing now. I mostly wear Victor, and they are very durable, most of them can last for at least 2 years.

My suggestion is to always invest/ prioritize on good pair of shoes (doesn't have to be the most expensive or latest models). Cheap rackets rarely cause any injury, but cheap shoes are lacking support that could cause to an injury (Especially if you're not young anymore). That's my two cents about your question, hope this will help. Cheers.

3. INAtoPHtoINAplayer

INAtoPHtoINAplayer New Member

Hi there, thank you for this reply, this is the kind of answer that I was looking for. My mindset before this was just so wrong, getting rackets that I want(clearly don't need it) and just keep using my old random shoes(ignoring lack of cushioning and stability) until my knees ask what's up.

Going to seal the deal on Yonex shoes I think, because the types and naming of Victor and Lining shoes confuse me a lot.

Anyway, thanks again for your help sir! Have a nice day.

wjsutanto likes this.
  4. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

+1

I used to use cheap local shoes too, never twisted my ankles or anything fortunately, but i still had sore feet if i played too energetically.

Then i realized the importance of having a good support to avoid injuries, got myself a high end Victor, and will never turn back (from high end shoes i mean).

Check out Tokopedia for a used pair. Sometimes you can find an excellent condition one in a good price.

INAtoPHtoINAplayer and wjsutanto like this.
  5. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

Totally agree. A good pair of shoes for comfort and stability is important. I think it also depends on the intensity of your game. If it is relax and just a casual hit out, i think you dont have to use high end. But if you play singles and or a very intense doubles game, i think it would be worth investing in a good pair of shoes for those games.

I used to wear entry level shoes, sometimes half a size bigger to save money when I was younger. Now at 30plus you really need the support and comfort which usually cost more

Syazwan Sufri likes this.