Lining Windlite 800 vs Windlite 700 vs Astrox 77?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nihal, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hi all,
    Just wanted a quick comparison between these three rackets.
    I own the Astrox 77.
    I like rackets with a bit of head weight (like the Ax77) and play mostly attacking singles.
    Just need key differences between them
    Thanks.

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Both Windlite rackets are 5u, which means that they will be considerably lighter than your AX77.

Both are also way more flexible in comparison...

The AX77 is more head heavy than the 700, the 800 is rather balanced

Nihal likes this.
  3. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

I have tried the 700 for a few minutes, but can you compare the 800,700 and 77 in terms of power, maneuverability, control and feel?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

4. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Haven't tried the 700 or 800 but they seem to be close to the Windstorm series.

The fact that the racket is significantly lighter means that it will produce less power than a 4u AX77 (if your Astrox 77 is 3 it will be even less). Clear win for the Astrox, than the WL700 and last WL800.

Control usually benefits from a little more head weight and stiffness, so another clear win for the Astrox 77. Should be similar for both Windlites.

Maneuverability will be way better on the Windlites since they are way lighter...

Feel is a personal thing, but if you like the feel of the Astrox, the Windlites will probably feel somewhat hollow or not too responsive...

Imo, buying another AX77 or looking at something within the 3D calibar or Aeronaut series would make more sense than buying a Windlite which is completely different when compared to your AX77

Nihal likes this.
  5. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Thanks so much man.
    I already had decided to stick with the Ax77 4u, now you have confirmed my choice over it.
    77 is still a great racket used by chenyufei, an see young etc.
    Thanks for you reply

Woesi likes this.