Line judging at TC/UC

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by markchan, May 21, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi there!

I remember who you are now as I think a group of us had a chance to exchange ideas with you at Century Park Hotel during the TC. You were formerly from England but now resides in Australia.

I was trying to go through my pictures to locate your face but I think I haven't worked hard enough as I failed. Sorry to misplace your email address too as I thought I could send you some pics.

Good to have you on board and hope to see your name more often. :)

2. Woody

Woody Regular Member

Hi Jayster,

I remember our time in Jakarta very well. I have just done the Belgium International last week and the atmosphere was not the same.

I have been in touch since I returned with Greg your local Umpire a couple of times.

You will see that I have been poking my nose into various threads on this forum usually causing a little controversy but I don't normally visit it that often.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Jakarta as much as I did.

I am now given to understand that the 10 ITO's who did the Olympic Games have become official BWF Certified Line Judges. Quite how they differed from what we did in Indonesia I don't know.

3. Jayster16

Jayster16 Regular Member

Badminton Umpire
    Yep - you got it spot on :) No worries its ok. Thanks :)

4. Jayster16

Jayster16 Regular Member

Badminton Umpire
    Hiya Woody, its going to be tough to match the atmosphere over in Jakarta! Yep Greg is actually from the same state as me here in OZ and is actually my mentor ;) Hey thats what forums are for i guess :) Well i know that BWF were considering having a level system for Line Judging and i guess it took until the Olympics to actually put it into place - its nothing different from what we had to do over in Jakarta ... its just all about timing i guess. i do actually know the LJ who went from Oceania and he is a very good experienced LJ and has been to many many tournaments so I'm happy for him. I'm actually thinking about coming over to uk for the European Team Champs in Liverpool around Feb next year - you going?

We had a very good team of international LJs over at the Thomas Cup and we all had fun and enjoyed the whole experience and great play that we witnessed and that is the main thing :)

5. Woody

Woody Regular Member