Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bok_like_dat

bok_like_dat Regular Member

Development Manager
    Thank god for LCW. Can you imagine how many boring CHN v CHN finals (with the results decided before the match) we would see without him? On an unrelated note, good to see Simon santoso in good form, hopefuly he can play well in the semi final, although for the benefit of all posters here let's hope for a LD v LCW final

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

SS had put up a very good fight and was unlucky not to take the first set when he was leading 20-16. One said, whats goes around comes around. Maybe LD has too much off and WOs now lost some of his touch. Lets see the final tomorrow, i have a feeling this is it for LCW, he will thrash LD.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

ya like the women players. BTW, you got funny nick name :) If im correct about the meaning, only people from Java would understand that.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I stand by everything I've said. To some people harvesting whales, dolphins or dogs may be objectional.To others

violence in Ice Hockey , promiscuity and adultery may be objectional too.

It so happens that the business world now views business like warfare, to win , and it has perveated into badminton.

Previously it was about Ping Pong diplomacy and friendship, now its about winning and winning.It is the current mindset.

I must confess that I do not read all the fine points you people posted, the gist of what I am saying is that certain people

have tried to explain to others the rationale for certain behaviour, not creating an excuse, trying to create more

understanding an insight as it were. It is like trying to explain to people why people prefer to wear veils or object to

caricatures of people they worship, not justification but attempting to "bridge".

Anyway I think i will not go on further, it will serve no purpose as things will not change. Personally I think the best reaction

to this situation is to beat people at their own game, walk the talk so to speak.

And this has been done by teams like Denmark, Thailand, Indonesia and even Taiwan, instead of complaining ,they build up their teams and take the fight to China.Lcw also takes on all comers and just silence them.

What we basically dont want in this forum is to argue and rant endlessly about the political aspects of the game.
    As to how China's conduct can contribute to badminton, it is indeed a long story best and already discussed elsewhere.

So suit yourselves, I do not disagree with you, neither do I grasp all the tiny details some of you have included here,

I have no more interest in this topic and will not participate anymore in this thread.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    :D :D What a relief :):):):):)

Close game by ld, nearly missed the bus :p

Let's watch the greatest baddy match of all time

Tomorrow final - lcw vs ld :)

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Ah, this I will answer. Many American companies do view business competition like warfare, to win at all costs.

I think some countries are in that mindset ,they treat many competitive events akin to warfare in spirit.

It is a reality and the weak are not forgiven, no mercy, survival of the fittest. Now even affecting European nations.

I think it can be seen in other sports like football etc.etc.

This kind of mentality causes a lot of ethical issues to be sidelined.

Pls read in between the lines and try to see the big picture.

Yoppy, Ethics is not ETHNICS, they are totally different. Ethics covers thinks like justice,fairplay,honour etc. etc.

#306 Bbn, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    So Simon in fact didn't have the luck in the first place in first set, omg:eek:

Otherwise it could be different 2nd & 3rd set scorings & winner:eek:

Chinese saying says 'squeeze your balls die' :D

8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Bottom line your whole idea that there is some kind of ethical gray area at work with respect to WOs is pure fiction. The only reason it is at all a murky issue is because it is difficult to distinguish between a legitimate WO and one that is being granted for nefarious purposes. The biggest fault with the Chinese team and LD is that they have gotten to the point where they aren't even bothering to be subtle about it.

You are worse than the China fanatics out there who debate whether match fixing is occurring. Rather you and your incoherant friend are instead taking the disturbing position that yes it is occcurring but its is a Chinese cultural norm. What does that say about Chinese the Chinese (as in the nation) people and the culture of the people? Incidently I reject your whole premise because as I pointed out earlier when China finds themselves at the pointy end of this particular stick they do not silently accept it as an ethical norm.

#308 thunder.tw, Jan 29, 2011
  9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, this is what they have been practicing for donkey years

and right now the whole world is lucky their ms backup aren't ready

Otherwise we won't know what's gonna happen to baddy in this world :eek:

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Thank you for your comments, i do not agree ,but I will stand by post 304.i have basically find out what I have been probing for, chicken and duck talk.

#310 Bbn, Jan 29, 2011
  11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

wrong post.....................................

12. eaglehelang

Unlikely for other countries although not impossible. It's not cos of the lack of depth but in capitalist society it wouldnt work. One apect is it effects the players livelihood i.e. $$$$$, most players dont give pension when they retire. You might think of more.
    If the players are consistently ordered to give walkover or lose, they will :
    1) Quit the association & be independent.Thailand & INA top players have gone independent without being slapped with a ban. If the association did try to ban, people like Boonsak will be waiting to sue,lol.

2) Report the coach/coaches, officials to the relevent authorities for match fixing. It happened in Msia lawn bowling. 2 to 3 players came out to say that an official forced them to lose to the official's fav player, failing so, they were sacked from the team. The players were reinstated, official I think they cant persecute, no tape recording evidence.;);)

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    I saw it, can I recall and share ? Lol

14. bok_like_dat

bok_like_dat Regular Member

Development Manager
    Sorry, no Javanese in my nickname, would be interested to know what the Javanese meaning is though. Badluck to SS, but now we get to see the match up we all want........or maybe LD will withdraw???

15. eaglehelang

CANNOT, dont busy body :p

#315 eaglehelang, Jan 29, 2011
  16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Hahaha, I didn't even see a letter :eek:

Was testing my hunch :D

17. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    if they can always beat ld then i think they can always have opportunity 2 beat others as well n if u say they cant get point if ld stop them, then do u think they can get point if lcw stop them ??? so no need 2 read fr page 1 .... :p LCW is a good player, but LD still better than him ... but many people still dont want understand that.

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    I want to understand that, can you help me :)

19. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    of course can, he already win olympic, world champion, all england, thomas-uber, sudirman, n many others :D
    LCW is a talented player too, but sometimes when LCW fans keep blaming LD n chinese team ...
    it feels very annoying 4 me (sorry 4 that).

20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    I am a fan of Lin Dan beside lcw, taufik, gates and a few others.

As for Lin Dan who has won all titles almost all there is to win,

i sure everybody will agree with me he is truly a legend.:)

However, with cba and lyb behind, recently they have make him win another title,

The 3 times walk over from tournament champion,

a title nobody can, will or ever come close to win.:D

Is this good for badminton and for him? I will let you answer yourself :)

To me this is real sad and a fact it will remain with some people how china ba and lyb do business :D