Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Tu for your reply,but you miss the point.

I am talking about the medical profession generally and not the doctor in the BAM or whatever,

People are giving the impression that our doctors in msia can generally be bribed

to look the other way (not the sports doctor you are talking about).

In question is the integrity of the medical profession, many professionals here are very professional,it is not true that everyone pro here is a gold digger, if so we have no more hope as our lives are in their hands.

The key word to be addressed is "bribe".

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have mentioned and CHEUNG agreed that DOC cant prove certain injuries...fyi, there are some players did and went to see tournaments' doctors and got certificate...they were totally fine...abdominal, arm injuries, etc cant be proved....

I have been in tournaments and saw many things in last 4 or5 yrs, all kind of cheats and manipulations happened..
    BWF needs to close that hole in the system..
    A case..in Singapore 2008,
    Wang Lin was supposed to meet Zhu Jing Jing in 1st round and one of them would play WMC..Zhu or Wang Lin did not schedule to play Indonesia Open..I, honestly, told some players that ZJJ or WL would not show up..guess what??
    Yu Yang, was pretending to wait for ZJJ in the court while hitting with WL in the court..Petya, and other players knew that ZJJ even did not arrive in Singapore, all yelled and said that ZJJ was still in China...
    Singapore organizer knew as they could check from immigration record and also from hotel ,etc..CHN got away with it..Tournament referee could not do anyhting as there is no rule for fines...

Suggestion to BWF, during qualifying olympics, all players need to sign attendance, to avoid that matter ( for any players , in case this happens)...

I did ask some chinese players at that time...they shaked their heads..
    Luckily WMC won over WL in 2nd round

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I see your point though.

i have colleagues who go to the panel doctor to get an MC to absent themselves from work when they want to avoid certain tasks

they dislike.The doctor will probably give the MC and many times give a lecture to the patient to be a bit more responsible and

dedicated to their work. Then the Colleague will come back with the MC and curse the doctor for being busybody.

The management though rules that colleagues absent from work even with an MC will need to replace duties with an additional

day's work.

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    For that problem, I have suggested to BWF that they should do the draw after manager meetingso no players know who they will meet and to avoid the late withdrawal ( look at WC in India, Petr Koukal decided not to show and withdrew after knowingly he met LD and he did n ot want to spend money to India and lost 1st round) and guess what they replied?
    No time and people wanted to know the draw also..I have spoken to thomas Lund when he took the post to fix this matter and also solving the matter when ranked players do not show up, in tennis, the next rank is up,..in badminton, it is filled from qualification and it is not right...if you are ranked 9, practically you can meet rank 1 to 8...
    Also our badminton players representatives are not that active..( Bobby Milroy was the president of players at that time)..
    I have said to BWF..look at tennis..they ahve redefined rules many times and no brainer for badminton to follow...to you surprise, one of BWF official said that he did not believe those rules in tennis...

As i said...there is so many loopholes...I hope that they did something soon...US$ 5000 is one of the things suggested last year and they are implementing it now...

So i cant blame those organizations...BWF should learn and improve it...now you see, all top 10 players need to show up at Premier...

#184 huangkwokhau, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you can't force people to play if they don’t wanted to for whatever reasons. one way to do it is for someone withdrawn with 'injury', you're granted a 3 months say, to rest. like it or not, its not an option, almost a ban. on the other hand if someone's no show for whatever reasons after you entered the tournament there will be no ranking points (and price money?) for the next 3 completed tournaments. as for the not trying your best, either against your teammates or best friend etc. the umpire has an option to refer the match afterward to a say, a 3 men panel to decide if the rules been broken or not, and hand out penalty accordingly. decision can be based on their expertise, video footages, umpire/service judge reports and whatever needed. how's that for a starter?

#185 AlanY, Jan 24, 2011
  6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

and I forgot to add, at year end review staff will be asked why they have such a big record of medical cases

and inquire if the staff is really fit to continue working.

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Taufik got fined,no money and ranking points from walking out of HKG Open..so far there is no justification from BWF for other walkouts...to me, refused continuing to play or stop playing, should be the same...walk out from court or pretending to be injured are the same ( unless real injury)
    BWF also needs to upgrade the referees and judges as well..so many ridiculous service faults from HKG Open...more than 10 service faults in Single and over 100 faults in doubles...no standard, shorter players got more faults than taller players.( this is tough to measure if you serve high enough to be faulted)

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It may apply for work place, but tough for sports...

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    If we do not make Badminton sport right, I wont be surprised if badminton is axed from olympics and replaced by squash, for example

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OT: Where is Zhu Jingjing right now??????

She's touted to hit the big stage like a couple of years ago? But now, players like Li Xuerui, Liu Xin, and Wang Shixian are in the limelight.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As long as badminton is a national-association-based sport, whereby every "BA" has the right to allow or refuse a player's participation in international tourney, the walkover thing will surface countless times in a year.

The key thing is to professionalize the sport, which is something that BWF is doing right now, with the help of that consulting company (I forgot the name :D)

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You should check out last paragraph of post #78 :)

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I suppose it is for a few who never got burned in the stock market .lol

As a comparison for this thread I don't think so.

Even though post 164 & 165 may be some wild imaginations,

it could and has happened in real life.

As for Lin Dan's case, we don't have any reports on the doctor's diagnosis

so that's nothing wrong with those wild imaginations :)

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sad... the BWF has been around for such a long time, but they still have not got their act together. There is really no excuse. It shows the complete lack of understanding of the dynamics, technologies, pressures on this sport today. I think in many ways the BWF and in fact even some of the associations are still living in the Stone Age.

But aren't the referees supposed to be selected from neutral countries?

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Whoah, you should have put a link to post 78 i searched so many pages :D

Yes, what your doctor friend said is true :)

Let me give you one similar case to yours:

One of my trainee always has pain on his abdomen area every time he runs,

So I sent him to see my friend who is a doctor,

after been diagnosed, he was told there was nothing wrong with him,

just look forward to your running and stop thinking of the pain.

He did from that day onwards and never heard of his complaint again :)

16. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    The last time I went to a doctor, he basically didn't know why I was so sick cos he just gave me paracetamol and some sore throat candy, after a short diagnose while he was watching Smallville *chugo*... and I wasted RM30 for that visit alone, since I had no choice but to apply for MC... I only got better after I met a regular pharmacist and asked for his opinion on my painful throat and unstable body temperature (fever came and gone)... doctors don't basically know everything... if I said my stomach feel pain, he/she will press on it and I'll say "oh, there, it hurts" and she/he will write down the meds... *faint* it does happen and why not in sports... I really miss my former job when getting an MC slip is not a norm thus I won't waste extra cash for just a paracetamol.

#196 eRa@에라, Jan 24, 2011
  17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    All players from different nations got faulted...The reason is The Head referee from Indonesia ( Mr.Juniarto) asked them to pay attention to the service..suddenly service faults galore during the tournament...even some coaches were so confused how come many single players got faulted when serve...

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    So a remainder turned out to be an 'order' lol

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh what a circus!! I would have died laughing if I were there!! LOL
    Valid question I guess: what sort of in-depth training and tests do they put the referees through, to ascertain if they are capable enough at all aspects of the job? And that includes using their spot judgement (very important.) Or were they all so intimidated by the head referee's directives?

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

There must be good doctors too.Its OK if one is adult and strong and healthy.

But what if the doctor is tending to an infant, what kind of doctor would you entrust the infant too?

I'm sure there are reliable doctors we can look for and they may have reputations attached.