Lin Dan Vs Lee Chong Wei, MS Final?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by michael_khong, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Go see "Hong Open Live" thread. Online, GD Sports will be showing.

And yes LCW will be underdog. we just have to see how's his knee injury

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If one work hard and become better than others, then one has the right to cheat? :eek: I totally disagree.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think you are missing the point.. IF MS was a team events, then the reasoning would make sense.. But why should for example world no 3. player have an advantage over world no. 2. player just because world no.4 player happens to be the same nationality..

Playing as a team in an individual event, is of course unfair against players playing individual..

(just like it would be unfair to play 3 people togehter in poker against 2 people who played independently, as an example)..

You could argue that it would be "fair" as other nations could potentiallhy do the same.. And this is true if MS was indeed a country/team event, not an individual event..from an individual head-to-head competition standpoint the results gets skewed if 4 players just "supports" a fifth in a big elimination torunament.

/Twobeer

4. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Hehe, I think you are missing a key point as well.

Technically, you are right. However, who supports the players from the first place? THE country. Why is the country doing this? Is it just for the fun of the players? For pure sportsmanship? I highly doubt. To bring medals and glory back to the country seems more important. MAS wishes to win major titles for years, and they still do. Other countries are no different. Under the current BWF structure, I don't see anything as complete individual events.

If this keeps happening, you may want to direct your complaints to BWF. :p

5. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

I have to disagree with that. If LCW is an underdog, then who else in this world is not when playing LD?

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Everyone is an underdog when playing LD currently. :cool:

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    I really hope that LD still lose to LCW despite having all the advantage from CJ walkover.

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,this is my wish too..I hope all the player who gain advantage from walkover will loss today..:D

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    the bottom line is: China is ruining the game by taking all these cheap actions. They might even win without the need of taking such unsportmenlike actions, but still they want to win at all cost. Shame on them.

10. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Agree with you. Even if China win their matches today, it will be hollow victories.......nothing to shout about, nothing to be happy about. For Malaysians and Indonesians we already celebrated our victories yesterday, winning in today's finals will even be more juicier and sweeter.........

#90 Tjun Tjun, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is first class clarity in thinking. Couldn't do better.
    Bananakid ,appreciate this first pearl of wisdom from ye333.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

When officiating is done by humans, there are bound to be human errors.
    The match is over and done with.

Lets watch today's final between LD & LCW.

My money is on LD to win it. ;)

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think LD will win today,...he is so fresh...just playing knowing that CJ will let him w/o.......and LCW wass fighting with KJ with an injury in his knee..........

But remember....if LD win........its somethings totally meaningless......and its a shame to the world of badminton......its too dirty indeed..:rolleyes:

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Why must Malaysian fans always come up with excuses?? LD being fresher? Well, LCW had a pretty easy semi final against KJ yesterday as well, winning in straight sets.

We need to learn how to accept defeat graciously and not be a sore loser. All those claims about biased judgings are petty. If our players are good enough, they are good enough no matter what. Are we gonna say the reasons why we last won the TC was in 92 and never took the Olympic gold or WC because of biased judgings & etc?

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this cheating allegation is spreading like bird flu. U guys pointing fingers indiscriminately. In the lyb thread, fingers points to lyb. In this thread, blame moved to the players themself. So did chen jin cheated or lin dan cheated? What's next, lin dan parents cheated too? Since the controversial line calls are made by chinese line judges, so really, the chinese fans cheated... is it?
    Some of u whiners say chen jin helped LD by a walkover but didn't chen jin had back problem against lcw in french open too? did chen jin cheated and gave lcw an easy match too? Can't a guy who is experiencing back pain has the rights to stop playing?

#95 cooler, Dec 1, 2007
  16. darenong

darenong Regular Member

lcw lost to bcl not too long ago and now up against one far more superior than bcl ... ld ! odds r definately agaisnt lcw ... and i think lcw likesssss to be in these kinda situation ... lesser pressure and when he is no pressure he is no worries .... todays game i predict ... game of the year ! haaa ... *cross fingers/toes/tongues/arm/legs/*

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    IT IS THE MALAYSIAN FANS, MEDIA and COACHING STAFF that dictate LCW's success. It has been shown that whenever high expectation for LCW to win, LCW loses. When MAL fans lost hope of LCW winning, LCW wins. This fan expection correlationship is far reliable than any theories out there in determining lcw's success.

#97 cooler, Dec 1, 2007
  18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My friend, ever heard of Paul Erik Hoyer Larsen?? Well, he went to the Atlanta Olympics at the age of 31 and took part in the men's singles and won it beating Diong Jiong in straight sets. The odds then were definately against him then.

Our LCW and Malaysia gotta learn from such examples.

19. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Did you see LCW bearing a national flag after winning in FO? Why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I have to say, you did quite get my point. Think twice. It's the current BWF game structure / regulations cause the problem. Nobody did anything illegal. This is the bottom line.

Do something useful to beat them on court or change the reality. Talking is cheap, that's why there were / are too much talking about the samething again and again.

#99 nibaxiang, Dec 1, 2007
  20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

But in FO, CJ had a tough match defeating PG before LCW. Even then, despite obvious injury,he displayed sportsmanship(?) by completing his match to give LCW a credible victory.
    Here, he whipped Sony in 30 mins before meeting LD. Why would he need to retire in G2 when he was leading? It's so un CJ-like.Look at CJ's route. He had a tough 55min match opener with THA's young gun, Soompat. then easy with Gong?, then surprisingly easy with Sony so why should he be injured? (CJ showed no injury in CO)
    CJ has no problems giving the match to LD because he himself possibly has been the recipient of similar gifts from lesser known CHN opponents.(CO and HKO?)
    But in retiring, he did not give LD a credible victory and tarnish his own sportsmanship image.What's he trying to say? 'LD, if we continue playing,I may win, so i better stop now'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.