Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by badmintex, Sep 27, 2006.

1. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

Bao almost win the 2nd set at 17-17 he could have made it seizing the winning points if he did not give away easy points to LD.Bao tend to make unforced errors than LD in deciding 2nd set. In 3rd set clearly Bao has lost all his stamina giving LD easy and cheap points.Bao always lost to LD in 3 rd set due to this factor. No wonder their H2H statistic is 8-4 in favour of LD.Bao has to find new strategy in order to beat LD for future encounters.:cool:

#1 badmintex, Sep 27, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I think a lot of it was also LD's mental strength. I don't think Bao had enough confidence in himself (hence the unforced errors).

3. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Yeah you are correct :D
    Well, most players lacks of confidence when playing LD, but credit to LD's mental strength, I think he's the strongest in the world :D :)

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Actually, I actually find LCW is the most-sonfident player playing against LD.. Too bad, we couldn't see them playing each other in the finals.. :crying: :( :crying: :(

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Another key point is LD's defense. BAO's decisivie shots don't seem to be effective against LD, and LD's ability to save sure winners sometimes frustrate his opponents and make them make un-forced error.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Actually I think Bao is a bit lucky to win the 1st. LD hit two easy kills into the net near the end of the game. In fact except during the 2nd half of the 2nd game and the 1st half of the 3rd game, LD was not going all out.

7. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

LD vs LCW

I notice LCW is a smart player.He knows he cannot play Power & Speed game against LD.Instead he patiently plays tricky and deceiving shots,also positioning the shuttle_cock in the hardest reached area.Sometimes this strategy works.Remember LD almost lost to LCW in the 2006 All England semifinal.LCW had been leading 14-X in the 3rd set that time.:crying:

#7 badmintex, Oct 6, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  8. KillerT

KillerT Regular Member

The only time I have seen him crack was when he lost the first set of the 2005 WCs 15-3 down 13-0 at one stage against Taufik.

9. Baderz_Jas

Yeah... that's what the commentators (Gillian Clark and Darren Hall) on SkySports said, he forces Lin Dan to error most of the time. In AE06, I think it was Lin Dan's mental which won in the end ;) :) :D

10. Baderz_Jas

:crying: That's was really unpredictable!!! :crying: I don't know what happened last year! :crying: :D

11. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

Lin dan vs Taufik

Yeah We saw LD playing just like he start playing badminton only yerterday.The possible explanation,LD may had just been exhausted after yesterday match against Peter Gade rubber set 1hr 47m the longest in World Championship history.In contrast TH played almost perfect.LD found It was impossible to break Taufik's defence wall.

#11 badmintex, Oct 8, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

CH has much better record in against LD 5-5 CH vs LD 5-2 LCW. LCW is too eager to beat LD and see him as the only opponent to beat, thus underestimated BCL and lost in WC.