Lin Dan-Lee Chong Wei FINAL meetup?

Discussion in 'Bitburger / China Masters / Japan Open 2010' started by george@chongwei, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    That's why BWF should introduce the optic technology to check the calls....

2. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

they dont need something that advance lol

all they need are video cameras on all 4 lines (assuming the service judge can do it's job) and have slow motion replay available to the umpire if a player is to challenge the call

3. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Hello HaoFung,

What is the meaning of the letter/initial in bold? Please describe in detail.:D:p

4. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

LMAO you and your butt-kissing habits, and kwun ain't a master, look at those ads he is a rich man creating this website:pBTW, i still remember you(ctjcad) the liason officer at 1995 World Championship in USA, back then, said all the negative things about LCW:D

5. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    OMG is that true pal? Badmouthing a professional player as an official is a big no no!

I remember a forumer Banana Kid mentioned about his butt-kissing thingy but not this.

Seems like its shedding more and more negative comments on him as time goes by.

Also it explain throughly all his biased and uncalled for comments on LCW all over the place. Now it shows what kind of credential his posts hold.

OMG...:eek:

#225 Aspire, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why am i being dragged into this??? :mad: :(

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if this thread (or any other ones) are turning into personal (and personality) attack, you guys know what it going to happen, right?

8. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    you'd better close this thread Kwun

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    ?? Why do you think incorrect or unclear linecalls is the way it should be ??

Well isn't it kind of obvious that a player who gets unfair linecalls against him are more upset than the ones who wins by them ?? Would you expect the pro who gets lots of price money from poor lincalls to complain vividly about the fact that he gets unfair advantage???

I don't see any point of making i a race, nation or trust issue ot of this??. I simply feel from watching the video of the final that there where some higly suspect linecalls.. And I think it was really strange that they didnt show any of these "close" linecalls from the cameras placed correctly to show where the shuttle landed.. Can you give me a good reason why these close calls should not be covered more in detail on the TV broadcast?? If the linecalls was correct it would just be a good way of showing that they where doing a good job... But if they angles showed the calls were bad .. well...

Actually I do not see you point at all.. If the producerss of JO had done their job to provide good camera view of the shuttel we would have "the proof" you are looking for, either that the calls where good or the calls where bad. Currently I can only judge how I saw it on the limited view the JO TV-producers showed us, and to me the calls they made seemed bad in 5 occations.

Maybe you viewed it differently, still this debate could have been stopped if they had shown "evidence" that the call was good.. They did not, and one reason they didnt show the shuttle land from a better angle, could of course be that they didnt want to show that the linejuidges didnt do a perfect job...

Yes.. Mandatory recordings of lines or some good technology would be a good way to ensure correct linecalls!!

/Twobeer

#229 twobeer, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  10. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    ummmmm. Want To Fly ???? hahahaha...... if not,then it's the standard meaning.....

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    is that longer than lin dan 10 cm return last week against psh?i doubt so

12. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    I think they need to improve the system, at least the use of technology for some of the major events. With a total prize money of USD 1,200,000 for some tournaments, a wrong call by a careless line judge may cost a player tens of thousands of dollars

13. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    talking about bad line call could it be any worse than the AE final this year?

14. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Not about line calls, I play by the rules.

Since grammar school we are taught not to concentrate on points deficits or how many points we are far behind but rather how we get back on the game point by point until we eventually overhaul a 10 points deficit.

See, it's a tough mental training that serves us well. We view a loss as a loss whether it is 21-0 21-0 or 21-19 21-19 or whatever...it doesn't matter.

We take care of the mental aspects. One example would be to purposely crumple the shuttle in our palms (so what if a point is deducted or awarded the other way simultaneously) when the opponent is feeling good. That is a mental focus shifter! Then we play our game as is and the points would pile up back in our position. If not, we take the loss, no more no less! Btw, you know purposely crumpling the shuttles and getting the subsequent merits and demerits is playing by the rules just in case you don't approve:rolleyes:!

As for the pros, obviously they have to complain BECAUSE they might look bad to their sponsors, as if they are not trying. Most pros are agitated-looking only on the spot and they are their good natured self afterwards...says what? Making their sponsors happy!

Mandatory recalls from video recordings? How about take away the linesmen if they are to be overruled nearly everytime?

15. RSLvictorSOTX

The AE final is worst! The only factor that made it a fracas was the insinuation regarding the coincidental tension between JP and CN.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wow
    so the 0.2cm out is the worst compare to 10 cm
    hehe
    what a wonderful concept

17. RSLvictorSOTX

Contextually speaking AE is the biggest fish while this:rolleyes:? Measurably? The winner won't be whining! The loser is bawling over furiously!

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Get back to topic, guys:D

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

hehe... topic? we should move on to the next big tournament... Japan SS 2010 is over... :)

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Ok then... nothing much to talked anymore.. There's already a LD vs LCW match. And the winner is LCW.
    let's proceed to the next tourney:)