Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, so this is it guys!!
    Lin Dan actually made it to QF in Japan Open and is going to face Momota tomorrow. Apparently he wanted this more than I expected him to whatever the reasons are.

Hoping for a good tight match at least if not LD winning it :p I know it is a tall order but anyone can hope right.

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

team events are over for now...
    LD do not need to be 3rd singles...

hence climb back up the ranks

#consipracytheory

DKCPH2018 likes this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Makes sense, that's one consideration.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's a creative one, but thankfully easily disproved by the **** results he had/has when in no danger of overtaking any teammate :D

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Actually he almost overtook CL if he didn't lose in R1 Indonesia Open :D:D:D

It was a hard task for LD to get just under CL at some time lol

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be exact, he had three chances to overtake Chen Long, from US Open, to MAS Open , then INA Open.

Anyway, let's see what he's up to from these three tournaments, beginning with the JPN Open, then CHN Open , and then KOR Open.

Whatever, he has to stay close to his two teammates, Chen Long and Shi Yuqi, in world ranking to improve his chances of qualifying for Tokyo 2020, assuming he is serious about it. Can't afford to fall too far behind even before the start of the Olympic cycle.

7. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Was that CTC match ever recorded in video that we know of? Really no vids of courts 3 and 4?

8. GingerCorslette

Unless I'm reading into the game wrongly but wtf was that against KM? Honesly thought a patient clearing game will work? He couldn't hit a downward shot to save his life -_-
    Surely he's not 'tired' that time, no?

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He didn't look tired, didn't look troubled or anything.. he just didn't seem to care:( Maybe he felt that he couldn't win so just did whatever he felt like doing.. without tiring himself out:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Unfortunately, that is how he plays these days and it works against a few players who still hold high respect for LD’s game. Nah, it didn’t work with KM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

He wouldn't have played against Chong Wei like that.

yuquall and skhai91 like this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That I fully agree.

Still,my heart dropped seeing how he was humiliated like an amateur by Kento Momota.

Whatever that's going through his mind , whether it is to save himself for the more important home-based China Open next week where being humbled is the last thing he wants in front of his die-hard fans, he was totally unrecognisable,suffering the worst defeat I have seen since he returned to competition from a long break after a historic, record-breaking second Men's Singles Olympic gold. It was simply unbearable to watch, no better than how the prime K Srikanth wiped the floor with the aged maestro, Lee Hyun Il, at the Denmark Open last year by the lopsided score of 21-10, 21-5, just as heartbreaking for I hold him in high esteem.

Now we can only wait with bated breath how Lin Dan is going to fare at the premier WTS1000 China Open on home soil where his campaign from the get-go is no less arduous, if not more so, in view of the possible or probable lineup of potential opponents, such as Anthony Ginting in R1, Viktor Axelsen/Khosit Phetpradab in R2, mostly likely Chen Long in the QFs, semifinals take your pick (my guess is Chou Tien Chen or Kantaphon Wangcharoen), and in the final , who will have a strong chance of meeting him but the player of the moment, Kento Momota, who else.

Wait a minute, some of you may be chuckling , Lin Dan in the final ? I must be getting way ahead of myself, pure wishful thinking. Dream on, indeed.

13. GingerCorslette

Did he actually play like that his previous two matches on the tournament? I haven't seen either so...

14. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    I doubt he did. Had he played like that he definitely would've lost in straight sets to CTC.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

15. mohans

mohans Regular Member

LD must read this to understand the emotions his fans are currently going through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    G.O.A.T is also human. He ages like all the rest. Lin Dan current strategies will work on older players. But not on players like efficient 'robots' like momota.

Lower your expectations. Instead enjoy watching his games as he slowly fades out from the badminton scene. He's still a legend. Most probably the greatest ever.

I quote from his book.
    "即便我站上了世界之巅,心中也只剩下五个字——那又怎么样?"
    "Even when I stand on the peak of the world, these words remains in my heart. 'So what I am the GOAT?'"

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even without watching the match (no livestream nor replays for Ct3 available), I can safely say you're darn right - if he did , Chou Tien Chen would've eaten him for lunch, so too would the young gun, Kantaphon Wangcharoen.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I followed his live score closely for those 2 matches and I was almost sure he played nothing like he did in QF (stupid not having any stream for court 3). People could argue the young Thai might be inexperienced, but CTC is far from being inexperienced.

19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

his 100th lost is against shi in wc2018, 100th lost for career singles is against momota in japan open 2018

20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    ScreenHunter_396 Sep. 19 14.11.jpg

CTC has always labelled as the best actor (影帝) by the chinese netizens. Poor thing.

i think momota makes everybody looks amateurish at the moment because of his excellent athleticism and reading of the game. He studies his opponents well and adapts accordingly in the game.

Lin Dan lost against Ginting yesterday.

[source from https://www.foxsportsasia.com/badminton/942271/ginting-too-strong-for-lin-dan-in-china/]

All-time badminton great Lin Dan has suffered another early exit at the China Open, going down in three games to Indonesia’s Anthony Ginting.

Lin, 34, is widely regarded as the greatest badminton player of all time, boasting two Olympic titles, five World championships, and six All England titles.

But his best days increasingly look to be behind him, and he ultimately could not get past Ginting in Changzhou on Tuesday, losing 22-24, 21-5, 21-19 to exit the tournament in the first round.