Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Okay, @samkool , throw hate at a guy who hasn't thrown hate at any of you

2. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    someone needs a nap!

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, you backtracked a little but still practically sticked to your original point with just a tiny bit of modification. Nope, I'm sorry, it doesn't hold water. Nice try.

4. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Everyone is mentally strong, but LD has that little extra to separate him . People involved in all sports, including the greatest athletes themselves will tell you this, that the mind is what wins you the big ones, separates you from the rest when it comes down to it. Mike Tyson himself said that all speed, skill, power, it all must bow down to willpower and determination. LD rules over the entire badminton world with AWESOME willpower and determination, why can't we acknowledge that @Fortune

TH was also hella mentally strong, but he lost his physical fitness terribly after 2006, and on that level, it doesn't matter how mentally strong you are, if you don't have the physicality necessary to compete

Only someone who doesn't know a thing about sports would say "You don't win matches with mental strength", all sports are won with the mind, that is fact, all people in sports, from the coaches to the athletes will tell you that.

5. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Cause my original point is right
    Yes, you guys need to nap, throwing hate at a guy who is just telling you how great LD is, this is his thread, LD is the GOAT, because of his awesome, unparalleled willpower and determination, simple as that, agree on that, and stop this fruitless nonsense

6. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Im not the SK worshipper you accuse me of being @Justin L , I have only been saying the best possible things about the Badminton GOAT, everything I have said so far is a tribe to his unparalleled willpower and determination, if you disagree with that, clearly you haven't seen the man play, and don't understand a thing about what makes him special

7. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Of course, a lot of players have the skills to be that good, but they do not have the remarkable willpower and determination like LD has, that has been my point the entire time.

8. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Name me one player faster than LCW, unfortunately, there are no quantitative measurements like this in badminton which I can give you, but use the best test of all, the eye test, watch the match, the court is still the same size as back then, you should get a fair result

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh dear, at first I didn't know he is a kid (whom I now realize is like a frog in a well) and got baited like everyone else here.

Still, the points he made are so brazen, we can't help but respond rigorously.

10. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Well, what other method is there, this isn't spirinting where I can look at Usain Bolt's best times and compare them to the past or anything. In Badminton, the eye test is pretty much the only test you have got, and the players are clearly moving at similar speeds, I mean, it isn't like they are moving at a snails pace, they are moving as fast as any other player in the modern era

11. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I have never put VA and KS in the same class as LD and LCW, they are better in some departments skill wise, that is fact, but LD and LCW are better where it matters most, in the heart and mind @Justin L , we can clearly state that. This is why LD/LCW beats VA and SK when they are all in good form, VA and SK need to be on good form (and LD/LCW need to be on their bad form) for VA and SK to beat them.

Again: Form is temporary, class is permanent

12. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

When did I say otherwise? I have said continuously, LD is the KING, the god of badminton, the GOAT, all I was doing was explaining why, his unparalleled determination and willpower

13. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

I think it was Frost, or could've been Steen, who said once while commentating, that their generation of players wouldn't stand a chance against players of the present. He went on to mention how even the training methods now are different, more progressive approaches, even the equipment in the gyms are more advanced.

Try comparing the pool of players, say the top 10s of the previous decade (2007-2017) to the top 10s of the eighties and nineties. Then you'd realize how much more tougher a competition it is and how difficult it is to stay on top.

14. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I am plain wrong, says the guy who literally said that mental strength does not win matches, mental strength wins all matches, and it becomes more important the better you get. There have been many talented players who did not succeed because of lack of mental strength, but all players with real mental strength have been great players.

My point about Prannoy was right. I don't need protection from anyone. Hoenstly @Nine Tailed Fox , can't you even think about viewpoints different from your own, this is a forum where all viewpoints should be considered, rather than having venom spewed at the person who says them, whether or not the view is right or wrong (In this case, I think I have backed up my points pretty well)

15. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

If you wanted a technical explanation, refer to post 10384, I think that sums up where deception comes from pretty nicely, I do know what I am talking about

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good humour, nay, I should say, satire, and not without a tinge of sarcasm. Nice one, except that the temptation to take him on is too strong as he's ruffled too many feathers with his impertinent,wild, unfounded, brazen claims.

17. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

The guy was never really the dominant killer #1 he became in 2010/2011, he was physically around his best level around 2006, but his game hadn't matured yet, once it did in 2010, his true prime started, and we can see him playing his best ever shape up to around 2016

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan half smashed the heck out of LCW in OG 2012. Just to throw that out there. Part of the reason I enjoy that match so much.

Justin L likes this.
  19. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

When have I said anything negative about you guys. On the contrary, all of you, especially you @Nine Tailed Fox have been continuously spewing hate at you guys, seriously, get back to talking about badminton, kill the message, not the messenger

20. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

True, it was there in 2012, but it still wasn't used as frequently or effectively as he did in Rio