Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    is he still talking? i hit the ignore switch...

2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    absolutely right.
    Srikanth, TH, LCW, Gade, LHI...they also has mental strength...especially TH.

he successfully win the last 5 points (from 17 - 20 to 22 - 20) in AG 2006 against LD.
    without mental strength, surely we will have the G3 and perhaps different winner.

1 year before, TH publicly challenge LD during Sudirman Cup 2005 held in China.
    if TH is a coward, TH vs LD in SC 2005 finals will never happened...

TH is not like his senior, the 8 times AE champion who is affraid to Tang and Hou...that's why no match between them

TH and others has mental strength, but in term of overal skill, LD is the best

#10402 Fortune, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Justin L and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  3. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    LCW prime began in 2010 ?
    no, his prime began in 2006.

just because he win 3 in a row in the first 3 months in 2010 doesn't mean his prime began in that year.

at least there are 4 consecutive finals between LD vs LCW in 2006 :
    Malaysia Open, Chinese Taipei Open, Macau Open, and Hong Kong Open.
    he is the world number one going to Madrid 2006.

in 2006, LD, LCW, TH, Bao and Sony still young.
    only Gade who is 30.
    too bad for LCW, LD is really good at that time...
    33 or 35 consecutive wins start from R1 Chinese Taipei Open to R2 or QF China Open 2006

2006 Chinese Taipei Open - Macau Open - Hong Kong Open - World Championships - Japan Open - China Open

#10403 Fortune, Nov 6, 2017
  4. lippro

lippro Regular Member

LOL at the stabs at Anand. C'mon he's just a little eager in expressing his views; there's no need for the hostility. Still though, a lesson in not being overzealous before having established yourself some credibility.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

He is plain wrong in most of his statements.

The Genius Class of BC(you know the names) will automatically care for each other.

''Prannoy has better deception than LD. Has the same offensive capability as Prime LD. Has better technical skills than Lin Dan but I will not put him in the same class as LD. ''

Umm..the hell?

I will suggest you to be his mentor and protect the security of this thread from his negativity. Take him to a corner via a PM and calm him down. Save him, Revive him before it's too late.

#10405 Nine Tailed Fox, Nov 6, 2017
  6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Appreciate the efforts of J4CKIE and Rob3rt in driving this thread out of the storm of stupidity.

samkool and lippro like this.
  7. badito

badito Regular Member

Enough said, Lin Dan is a GOAT.

8. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

It really is unfair comparing these players who are in their early twenties to them players in LD's era. These young'uns are really lucky to have the opportunity to strike now while these veterans are on their way out.

The younger LD who wanted to dominate, and win everything, is physically and mentally different - to the older, more family-oriented LD who has won everything there is to win and probably will be the gold standard of generations of players to come.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You keep talking about VA and KS as if they are in the same league as LD and LCW, and even have the cheek to say they are better in some way, I'm incredulous. To me, neither of them atm comes close, don't overrate them, methinks downright presumptuous of you to do so, repeatedly at that.

CIA-99 likes this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Try as I might, I just fail to understand how come so many other players don't have the same 'mental hunger' and 'refuses to be beaten ' spirit that you claimed is the only reason that makes Lin Dan the greatest of all, not even the super hungry LCW who is still chasing rainbows at his current age ?

Btw, how do you measure their hunger as to be able to make comparisons ? I'm baffled.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What, Lin Dan's half smash, or what we called stick smash. wasn't there before Rio'16 ? Huh ?

I realize now, we all are dealing with not just a 16-year-old kid behaving like he's some expert or authority in badminton without bothering to provide the kind of technical exposition that samkool demands from him, what an over-inflated ego, he might well be an alien or living in a parallel universe, for all we know.

Oh gosh, just one K Srikanth from India emerging and we've got such a self-opinionated teenage IND fan, insolent, wearing a hat too big for his young head and biting off more than he can chew, the way I see it.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How do you know the speed was as fast or faster back then, based on what ?

14. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I made a mistake in that post, where I put afterwards, I meant to say before, and yes, he didn't really use his Half smash before Rio, it was there (Of course he had it, pretty much any decent player can do a half smash), but he figured out how to use it as a real weapon, and really implemented it into his strategy in Rio and beyond.

Listen @Justin L , I have never personally attacked you in anyway, and I expect the same respect back. Why don't I get that? I haven't said anything wrong, why cant you guys look beyond your own viewpoint, and try to expand

15. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

LOL, @RC47 , really? You've gone that low, I'm actually laughing so hard right now

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just 'sound fundamental badminton', nothing special. You mean, any pro can do it, just that Lin Dan does it better, that's all ? Hmmm...some theory, food for thought.:p:D

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hey there, opinions are not facts. You got to prove your claims. On what basis, where's the evidence, how do you measure it ?

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unbelievable, you simply take your perceptions as proof positive that you must be right, not mere personal opinions. Amazing.:p:D

19. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    there is LD, then there are others.
    End of Discussion.

Nine Tailed Fox and Anand S like this.
  20. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

The one with superior technical skills will dominate the competition most of the time? Really? Then explain to me why a player like Pullela Gopichand dominated nothing, except for one All England? He was hella technically skilled. Why didn't Peter Gade win a world title in his prime in the early 2000's, he was the most skilled player. Skills and physique are only a small percentage of Badminton man, it's all in the mind.

Of course LD's skills improved, it is his willingness to continuously improve that makes him a great player

SK has always threatened LD, even when he lost in the Olympics, LD was SHAKEN BAD, we all saw it.

I think having a player ranked 2 is DAMN respectable man, I don't see how you can treat that like it is a bad thing, he has dominated the calendar and is number 2, might even be 1 before the end of the year @Fortune , man, I don't know who your standard of a good player is, but that sounds pretty damn good to me, if not a GREAT year and player.

We do not see more Indians in top 10 because they are physically lacking and constant injuries, look at the injury history of someone like Prannoy, he always had these skills, but we only see him making waves now, because he was injured for the majority of the last three years. Same with SIndhu, she has had a level to win medals at Worlds since 2013, but she only won her firs superseries title after the olympics, because she was injured a lot since 2013. China have physically superior players, but they don't have the technical gifts of Indians, (LD is extremely fundamentally sound

AGAIN: the differences on that level are so small they are barely noticeable