Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan said:" First of all, I'm very happy for myself, I know the newsmedia has been saying I won't win in Southeast Asia, so this time, apart from trying to qualify for the World Championships, my other goal is to break the jinx."
    He paused for a while and smilingly continued:" But what I want to say is, actually in 2007 at Kuala Lumpur, I did win the world championship here in Malaysia."

" Today, I felt that Lee Chong Wei and I have played to a high standard , our last encounter was at the Rio Olympics, already eight months have passed. I greatly treasure every opportunity to play each other. Also, after all these years, this is the first time in Malaysia that I have so many fans cheering for me, I'm truly delighted."

#9001 Justin L, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    volcom and Junye like this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd interpret the 'in a few years time' as a stab at improved doping tests in the future, just like they could prove years after the event that a huge load of Tour de France winners werent clean...
    So the insinuation would be that Super Dan found something a little more effective than chicken soup to battle his bad and deteriorating fitness.

Not that I see it that way, but even if he were using a little something extra I have serious doubts it'd ever come to light, given how bad anti-doping procedures are in badminton. A miracle (and very sloppy dosing) that Budiarto ever got caught.

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

2007 was the world championship where Sony Dwi Kuncoro knocked out LCW and vsed LD in the final.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, my bad,it's indeed the 2007 World Championships held in Kuala Lumpur. Thanks ,I stand corrected; I shouldn't have made the assumption and inserted it in brackets without first checking it out.

5. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Chen Hong, not Chen Long :)

Justin L and kelana like this.
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Haha no worries,
    The Thomas Cup was in 2010.
    Chn vs Mas in the semis and then China vs Ina in the finals.

Justin L likes this.
  7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD NONSENSE, EVEN IN THE FORM OF INSINUATION, UNLESS THERE IS ANY PROOF.

Most of us here will not enjoy reading all the wild, groundless speculations moreover some smearing crappy talks however refined it is!

For sure many of us here can also write at lengthy of those many wild and sinister speculations but they are really not the purpose of this forum!

So please refrain yourself!

gelopisan and skhai91 like this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How nefarious an insinuation, Then, in that case, every professional athlete in all sports are suspect. Badminton is mild, relatively clean and healthy, unlike some other sports where doping is endemic and many were never caught. In tennis, I read that some famous players actually abused the TEU (Therapeutic Use Exemptions) to take banned substances out of competition,such as those who suffered from AHDH (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).

Clearly, he is being discriminatory and hypocritical always picking on CHN players. How is he ever going to get peace of mind like that ?

Come on, Lin Dan has nothing more to prove. He is no fool as to be so stupid as to risk everything that he's got, all his hard-won gains, in his twilight years ? All for one MAS Open PSS title, compared with his 2xOG, 5xWC, and all ?

Why didn't he suspect LCW again who supposedly injured his knee little more than a month before the All England and won it and today is in the final of a PSS ? Double standard, mean, and contemptible of him. Actually, I originally gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not think anything despicable.

#9008 Justin L, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    vctrku, gelopisan, Firas and 3 others like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    What is your proof?

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good question, I forgot to ask him.

11. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Don't speak about our lord and saviour Lin Dan like that!

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Other than all his past incomparable achievements and immense reputation, all that Lin Dan has got now is the multi-million (RMB) dollar Yonex contract, the rest of his sponsorships are much smaller, he must be insane to risk it all for one MAS Open PSS title. How much is the MAS title worth ? USD45K, of which half goes to CBA, not to mention the taxes he has to pay.

kelana likes this.
  13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan is back from the dead, and Rise up again .. So many long times he has not celebrate win taking out his shirt. 6 points down in game 1 ,, and all the way with win .. What a win for Lin dan

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm doing my best to dig it up. It was a while ago, there was a report on anti-doping measures (I think some Danish players shared it on facebook), and apparently the testing is very very sloppy and one Nation's players (Indonesia iirc, but don't qoute me on that) hadn't been tested at all in a lenghty period. Take it with a grain of salt until I find it.
    All being said, current anti-doping measures (across basically all sports) are mostly pretty laughable. Urin tests could even be passed by bodybuilders on contest day, and we all know how clean those guys are. There's some blood tests that are way more accurate, but aren't used because the blood taking and testing would mean considerably higher expenses, but personally I'd like to see it at big events like Olympic Games and World Championships.

Just to be clear, I did not want to insinuate anything about Lin Dan, I agree 100% with Justin that he has way too much at stake to risk it, because being found out as a doper would basically trash his reputation to smithereens, and his reputation is his most important bargaining chip, leading to high-paid sponsorship contracts (the Yonex contract is very likely to have a clause concerning doping, btw) and advertisements, so no, I don't think he dopes. I mean, given the Chinese (doping) history in sports it wouldn't shatter my world view, but I find it very unlikely.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It should be brought up with WADA and BWF rather than just complain on FB.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Very good point, Cheung.

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan seem to be back to his previous best , he is diving again to get hard smashes.. He is determine to win the game.

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    While the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) itself is not a saint, not completely free from the political and money plays.

Just look at "Fancy Bears" for stories on WADA if anyone has the time and will to read over the lengthy material :D Pay attention on the parts related to the abuses of "Certificates of Approval for Therapeutic Use" if one ever digs there.

I can only say once again that the WADA ain't a saint organization and it is not completely impartial!

Justin L likes this.
  19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

OK. Fair enough. What's your better option?

20. lippro

lippro Regular Member

Enough with the speculations/insinuations/conspiracies. Let's just appreciate the great performance that LD's just put up for us. Man, he really murdered LCW's backhand defense with his RTH straight smashes today.