Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

I doubt this, seeing as the fact remains both LYB as well as Lin Dan himself have stated to reach out for the London 2012 Olympics. So the choice of Lin Dan being forced to stay within the circuit, is all down to himself. With his status, it's his call.

Truthfully, don't underestimate the youngsters from China's National Team, take a look at Du Pengyu and Chen Long, who have gained maturity in rapid pace despite being on the highest world stage for a relatively short period. And there's Chen Jin, still rightfully being called a young talent. Mmm.. China proves us that whenever they see the time fit to gear up their new line up, they can do it with utmost efficiency.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I concur with you it is LD call on OLY12. If LD is not serious about OLY12, he would be long gone after OLY08 when he can walk away while on top. Why hang around till now, lost 3 in a row and his legendary status is being questioned?
    First, there is no one in CHN that LYB can 100% bank on as a proven winner to LCW. I support MAS baddy but I am sorry to say while LCW is a fanastic player, until he can control his nerves especially when playing LD, who on the other hand, seems to enjoy the big stage and takes the game to another level when the stakes is at the highest, as in a major.
    Secondly, we agree LD has just about win everything of significant. If he plays till 2012, there are 2AEs, 2WCs, 1AG and 1OLY to win. With one OLY gold, he is great, if he wins the 2nd one, that puts him over top. And winning another AE and another WC, and the missing AG, that would be like icing on the cake, elevate him to the greatest of them all....with history so close, do you think LD will quit now unless of course, he is washed up and that, I would not bet anything on. CHN owes it to LD to let him makes the final call...With a career that has gone for so long, the finishing line is almost at sight, that is why, I said over and over again, he will be back or at least, try to make it back to the top. ;)

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    One more thing...whether LD win or lose in 2012 OLY, I would wonder how he feel about losing the 2000 OLY when he was WR1...that could be 3 peats;)

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

of course you mean 2004OLY.
    how many players can walk away while on top? because they couldnt know or accept that they are on the downward slope, most of them anyway.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    otb, you are not 100% sure lin dan is on his way to a forced retirement.

let me refresh you - og12 is too far away. at the rate he is going he would not even qualify a good spot in that draw.

why he lost to peter is obvious, he may not lost to him (peter) but to himself as he has fear of losing to another countrymen so when he played with him, he may want to win but his mind ..

saw the match live and peter play well but as usual, nothing extraordinary like he suddenly became so good and beat ld.

ld missing ko 10 and mo 10 to prepare for ae 10 and with that kind of results and we are we talking about china team, what the heck were they doing during training, having coffee?

so when there is no quality training he can follow, let's forget about him :crying:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    is that a promise coming from u?

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It may well be that Team China felt Chen Long needed a good training match against Gade :) .. CLs development is important for team china future medal hopes...

And in AE they wanted Bao to beat lcw to really mess with his confidence, but it bacfired when Tago did not fall so easy..

Also LD is sectretly planning to switch to N90-II, so it is good marketing plan to "coincidently" start winning when the new racket is used :) Simple marketin 1-o-1 :D

Sorry for writing this.. I just could not resist toying with various conspiracy theories :D

/T

8. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    I second this :D:D:D:D

9. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol... that would be funny... to fool the public, that theory well be true T :)

10. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Before the AE2010 this selected few all talk about LD this and that and then... oh he will bounce back in the SO and so on.

Now they talk LD again but about future games many moons ahead.:rolleyes:
    It gives them plenty to talk dont you think:confused:

11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    He did not make sure and it happened again! This time his gear was stuck:eek:.
    AE champ LCW beat PG in straight set.:cool:

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Frankly, these are no less reasonable than any other guesses I have seen. I'll join the fun and conspire that LD is finally switching to the TC700 which he always wanted to. That's why Mizuno suddenly stopped production of the racket after perfecting it.

13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Some people talking abt what Lin Dan be using N90 (2) or what TC700, the actual fact is Lin dan is still using N90.

14. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Lol ...he woould totally cry if LD chanGed his racket...

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thanks, it is 2004 when he lost to Susilo.

16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
  17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I don't even know LD, just met him once in WC05 when he posed for a pic. I am just one BCer speculating and guessing as baddy fan with nothing better to do, unless you know CHN team well and have inside story that LD is on his way to forced retirement.
    OLY12 is 2 yrs 5 mths away, I still think LD will be in OLY12 CHN team, wanna bet on that? Now, whether he can win OLY12 is another question, and the remainder of 2010 will provide a much clearer picture.
    You may have a point that CHN is quite loaded up with LD, BCL, CJ, CL and Du...do you really think LYB would pick 3 players without LD in it? LD is still WR2, who do you think will pass him in points to qualify for CHN team when OLY12 comes calling?

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    On your first paragraph, my prediction screwed up in AE and SO. LD trained and prepared for both and lost. Plain and simple, period.

Time doesn't stop, let's move on to the next tourneys, specifically WC and AG. You know, one day a player lost and the next time he wins, that's competitive badminton. LCW is on high, my congrats to a fellow malaysian, 4 straight wins and in great form (except nervous when playing the Sago or Tago guy, as Abedeng said).

So, would you wanna say in the forum that LD would be no match for LCW in AG and WC, or better still, that LD would not even make it to the final to face the great Dato?

I say first then, LD will still be a force to reckon with and if LD meets LCW in a majors final, LCW will be nervous as usual. Now, what's your prediction, over to you? ;)

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Many top players in many sports have overstayed their welcome, boxing is one for sure. I am guessing as are you, I guess CHN or rather LYB would not let LD retire even if he wants to. Who is the most bankable, consistent and dependable player in CHN today?
    LD lost EAG, sucked badly as he was standing on glue and cannot move, he beat himself more than Choi beating him. Lost 2 match to BCL who is playing unreal and to PG, a top player, well the better player on that day won, a win is a win, a loss is a loss and I screwed up my prediction again. Granted LD is not the LD of past for now, but you are ready to say, he is on the downward slope.
    I really like to hear Misbun or Rashid or any MAS great coaches willing to sing the same tune that LD is Lin Done and LCW does not need to worry about him. They know, until the great Dato beat LD in a major final, the game is not over yet.

#679 OneToughBirdie, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    On my recent trip to KL, I said KL gamblers would not take LCW winning LD on an even bet ie LD has to give points to consummate the bet. Thats is how much respect gamblers give LD. With AE and SO just concluded, LD failed to make it to both finals, already the verdicts are out that LD is on the down side, should retire, etc...well, if LD is lucky enough to make it to WC and/or AG finals to meet Dato, I take LD even up. The way I see it is the winner or loser will depends on whether LD rebounce to his old form or whether LCW gets nervous and pees in his pants respectively;)