Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I´m sorry but in 2005 LD did not win the WC, he lost to Taufik in the final.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Ohhh!man,i meant world cup.i am sorry.Did he won anything in 2001,friend?

3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I was like 10 years old then and didn´t follow badminton so I don´t know.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

and i was 4 years old:)

5. garra

garra Regular Member

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan dismantles Chen Long in Training Camp

Date:05 August 2015

Two times Olympic Gold Medalist and Five times World Champion Lin Dan's recent form has been very underwhelming as he only won the Badminton Asia Championship but fell short in other six tournaments he entered this year

Some analysts have calculated that the overall percentage of Lin Dan winning a tournament this year is 14.3% only while he was at 50% in 2013 and 62.5% in 2014.Meanwhile,the chances of Chen Long winning a tournament this year is 57.14% and Lee Chong Wei is at 66.7%.

CLsEPwnWgAAGYKO.jpg

However scenes are quite different at the Chinese National Team training camp here in Chengdu for the preparations of Badminton World Championships.Lin Dan is training the hardest among all the MS shuttlers when his off-court physical training is taken into account and the efforts are clearly producing results as Lin was every bit as dominant as it sounds defeating the current World Champion Chen Long 2 sets to 1 in a very competitive match under the watchful eyes of Li Yongbo.

Li Yongbo is reportedly spending a lot of individual training time with Lin Dan and the shuttler looks like has a lot of fuel left in his tank to capture his sixth world championship title.

CLfXQvxUEAAXV_m.jpg

7. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Training matches don't mean a whole lot. I bet LD and CL have played hundreds of times in training with mixed results before.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

LD and CL don't train together.

9. racketman123

Dentist in training...
    Really, I find that hard to believe.

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Gill Clark mentioned that several times in her commentary. Since CL has become a "serious" rival LYB accepted that and since then they no longer train together.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Yep and I saw few fanpages on twitter mentioning LD really working on his fitness and shot placements(reducing errors) as these two are costing him a lot of points.Also he looks really determined in the training

12. racketman123

Dentist in training...
    Sorry, I meant as a whole, not just recently. It's understandable that the aren't now, but I'm sure they still see quite a lot more of each other than any other competitors would see.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

When we say they don't train together, it means they don't play match together while training. But of course everything else they do together

14. racketman123

Dentist in training...
    Fair enough. That seems about right.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Source:Twitter(unofficial)
    Sources close to Dolce and Gabbana has it that Lin Dan will sign(perhaps extend) a multi million contract with the Italian fashion house next year which will include more commitment and time to the fashion industry's leading brand.

10312754_380144045520636_7788184841059582853_n.jpg
    11012635_385509431650764_4034281650004715643_n.jpg

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay actually till now I am still guessing about Lin Dan chances of winning this year world championship in Jakarta, Indonesia. Well, his performance this year is totally unpredictable. Sometimes he may lose in the early rounds of the tournaments too. So very difficult to make a guess this time. Anyway all the best and hope Lin Dan will be back once again.

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Based on this year's result" Lin dan has lost to Chen long , Tommy , Vixtor and also Chou Tien Chen. Meeting these 4 players early if in the quarter finals, Lin Dan will say goodbye to World championship badminton.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

None of these players are in his half of the draw. It's possible that he meets (only) one of them in the final, probably CL.

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    From what i see last few matches, Lin dan jump smashes from 3/4 or baseline seem to have gone. His current slow style of play seem no trouble for top 10 players anymore.

20. Nine Tailed Fox

Analysing Lin Dan's opponents in the World Championships:

Round of 64:Thank you very much!

Round of 32:Thank you again!

Round of 16:Hans-Kristian VITTINGHUS:I think he will get better of Sho Sashaki.A real pain in a-s-s type of a player.I have seen him,he doesn't seems like a genius but still can hurt you with great accurate shots and constantly applying the pressure.A bit better than Zweibler in offence but a little downgrade in defence as compared to him.LD needs to be careful and avoid his lack of concentration which gives his opponent 7-8 consecutive points like he gave to axelsen.With crowd booing and jeering LD and all ho-haa,this looks like a good test for LD.

Quarter finals:Jan O Jorgensen:personally i feel Son Wan Ho will getter better of him or atleast tire him to his limits however i have been remembered tha Son Wan Ho is in crap form lately.So assuming this talented Tantrum Thrower meets LD in Q/f's,it's hard to believe LD will succumb to this danish cookie.However,JOJ has a great record in Indonesia and with crowd behind him,he can do some real damage if LD isn't careful.But i think,at max,it will be a repeat of Malaysia open semi finals where LD will just edge him in the 3rd set(Assuming the worst here).

Semi Finals:Lee Chong Wei:First of all i want to make it clear that Srikanth will defeat him.Trust me Srikanth can.Pullela will pull something out of bag and hope srikanth will have a good momentum and less tire legs.However,thinking logically, if Mr LCW meets master Dan than master has to do what he has done always.Hard to believe LD will loose to him in Semi finals,yep an impossible to believe thing.So,let's hope for the best again.And yeah LD can defeat srikanth in straight sets if it has to happen.

Finals:Chen Long:This one would be one hell of a match if it is going to take place.Surely CL has an edge in all physical terms but if LD wants to win the title,then he will surely carve something out of his genius capabilities to handicap this junior dragon.But i have a fear that LD will have to give more than his 100% if he has to beat this monster.But LD did defeated him recently in a tense match so whuy not again.Hope LD wins this Championship again and again and again untill he dies but seriously,it will be awesome if he wins it.

and all the LD fans like me,all the best.