Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Congrats to LD, proving his superiority in men's singles even now. He's really picked up his form and is more aggressive than he has been earlier this year. LCW came sprinting out the gates and he really produced some fantastic smash winners that LD had no answer to, but he couldn't sustain the level for long enough.

As far as I see it, LD deserves to demand a higher price contract. He sure has earned his pay check with another asian games win.

#5041 Tactim, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Seems coherent with his reaction when his Li Ning bag broke during his match against CL.:p

View attachment 162503

View attachment 162504

3. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    No wonder Lining is having some Financial trouble. They seriously can't be paying Dwayne Wade 60 million a year.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LCW lost his opportunity to beat LD. What a pity!

He should have won G1 which was very close. Although he took back G2 to force a rubber, he had expanded too much energy for the effort. It was inevitable that he became a dead duck in the decider, running out of gas.

LD beat LCW 22-20, 12-21, 21-9 in 72min (1hr 12min!)

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

6. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    View attachment 162518
    Anyone see the irony of Lin Dan's shirt?;)

Also, just finished watching the replay between LD and CL.

I think that was the highest quality match between the two of all time. CL really played a great game. Fantastic match with countless long and entertaining rallies.

7. jak nam

jak nam Regular Member

noticed both the expressive disappointment with the broken strap of the li-ning bag and the world champion t-shirt. staged or not, it is a good venue to voice his discontent.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I just watched the replay of the semis, and what strikes me is that at the end of game one, LCW's shirt is totally soaked with perspiration, while LD is not so hot. It must explain the results of the 3rd game

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I'm not sure that LCW was physically defeated. I personally think he lost in the mental battle. He just doesn't have the mental strength and belief that LD has. You can see his head drop as he loses a string of points and begins to accept the match slipping away from him. That doesn't happen with LD.

You can see him running out of ideas and let errors creep in. It's like he doesn't have a game plan or belief that he is better than LD. I personally think LCW's problem is that he is scared of LD. This is why LCW cannot play his A-game against him.

If LCW can develop the same mental strength as LD and keep his focus, we would see a much closer match and possibly a turning of the tables.

10. losima

losima Regular Member

if only wei wei can have better footwork, quicker brain, stronger smash, faster drops, unlimited fitness then i'm sure he can beat Super Dan.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

By now, I've to admit Lin Dan is truly the most complete player in badminton history. An all-rounder practically without any weakness. Except for the time being he is still somewhat rusty, and, he has expressed as much to the press, must work harder at training and practice to cut down on too many uncharacteristic unforced errors. Not to worry, he'll get there as a matter of course.

As we've witnessed in the Asian Games, when Lin Dan played an error-free game, not necessarily throughout the entire match, not quite possible for anyone,but at least for several points in a row, he could come back from the brink of defeat, eg when he was 13-20 down against Hu Yun in G2, and 16-20 down against LCW in G1. Also against Chen Long in the MS final, he was too error-prone in G1 and lost it, then once he cut down those errors, he was able to execute his variety of consummate strokes to great effect to turn the tables on his opponent to secure final victory.

Simply put, Lin Dan has convinced us that even without the explosive attacking game of his younger days characterised by pure speed, power and precision strikes coupled with superb defence and deft touches at the net, he is today still the undisputed numero uno playing a more defensive, less attacking but more specifically well-bablanced, all-rounded game, relative speaking.

In terms of different styles of play, it's more meaningful to compare the new Lin Dan nowadays with the former Lin Dan of Beijing'08 to London'12 rather than with his peers. Well, if you asked me which version of Lin Dan is better,stronger, more fearsome I'd still tend to say the Beijing-London one, but not by much, still totally awesome. Whatever it is, I very much enjoy,am awe-struck by, either versions of Lin Dan, simply because there is only one Lin Dan, the one and only, The Greatest of All Time.

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Yeah, iIf you were in LCW's shoes, having a much skewed H2H stat of 22-9 against LD (the official version maintained by BWF, counted the last match at 8/11/2013 BWF World Championships 2013; the actual one may even be more skewed -- AlanY should have better data) then of course, you'd have some psychological issue in facing your nemesis each time.

Only victory may remove this mental barrier gradually.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Once in a while, I still rewatch that Beijing Olympics final of LD vs LCW... and I'm reminded of what an incredibly devastating player he can be. Really, there is no arguing that he's the best badminton player ever.

And this is coming from an Malaysian expat.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Guys: Any of you have any news on Lin dan latest sponsorship , i heard rumours he not using Z force II . any kind hearted fans can share ?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You have faster updates than anybody else on the forum. Not much point in asking this question. In fact you should be telling us the answers. :)

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I am not sure, that's why i ask !

18. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Thats Lin dan shoe , i just bought today !

20. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student