Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yeah, those tattoos...compared to a clean cut boyish LD in OLY08 to a 'gangster' looking LD in OLY12...even my friends were shock to see LD, they all say he looked so 'different'. Wonder LD is a born again Christian with that huge cross tattoo on his arm...Amen!!!:D
    The church would love him though as ambassador of the Christian faith and aha!! as a Christian, LD has to give 10% of his gross income as tithe to the church every year, it is in the bible...would he do that? that would be one rich and lucky church.

#3401 OneToughBirdie, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe LD just want to show us that he can win the gold in 2 version of him, a 'young and pretty nice boy' one, and a 'mature and bad guy' one. :D

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Lin Dan: Shy When First Met His Wife
    Tencent Sports | 2012-08-13

http://2012.qq.com/a/20120813/000025.htm

Excerpts:

Q: OK, since it is a book signing ceremony, let's start our conversation from the book, Till The End Of The World, why this name?
    A: I try to make it in a broader sense, as for myself, it goes far beyond the badminton, as for my fans, I hope they can keep making efforts no matter what they do, persistence means a lot.

Q: When I first heard the book name, I thought about a cartoon song, Slam Dunk, which was played during the signing session, does it has any special meaning?
    A: Well, when I was a little kid, I used to watch Slum Dunk, but I was not impressed by the ending song. Gradually, I found many things were forgotten with time passing by. Now when I recall back, I usually notice something which was ignored before. Therefore, I think the sentence touches me deeply and the name of the song moves me a lot. I think many people can embark on the way towards their dreams.

...Q: There's another person worth of mentioning in your book, Xie Xingfang. We noticed that you used one paragraph to describe her, you had the first training together for about two hours without saying a word. How did you think then?
    A: Well, I was shy to speak it out then. I think everyone will have a crush on somebody else, someone is bold enough to tell while others may do not know what to do.

...Q: What about the plan for your future career, especially the plan after your grand slam victory?
    A: I need good rest now, besides wedding ceremony, I need to think about how to do next, I must find an exact position for myself, if I play badminton the way I used to be, it will be so hard, I don't want it that way. I hope to find a thing much suitable to me, then when I go back to the court I can be as strict with me as before.

#3403 cobalt, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    "Geez, how many times do I need to say it before I'm heard! :crying: I really need to rest!!!"

View attachment 128730

5. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Do tattoos even carry any stigma anymore or are a sign of rebellion? In American society, it seems everyone has a tattoo and is quite acceptable, even fashionable. I wonder if someone from China can enlighten me, if the society views tattoos as taboo or negatively?

Also I think LD hasn't read a bible or is being ironic as tattoos are not recommended by GOD! Lev 19:28 :cool:

6. MightyJoe

MightyJoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Super Dan, please do not retire and carry on playing until Brazil 2016.

Be the first and only badminton player to win the Olympic Gold in three different continents:

Asia, Europe and America.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    LD has won everything and I'm sure he has enough to live his life comfortably... But badminton is what make Lin dan... After a few month rest, I'm sure he will be rejuvenated and miss badminton. Human enjoy doing what they do best...

8. MightyJoe

MightyJoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Lin Dan's handshake with Hu Jintao and other Chinese leaders. You could see Zhao Yunlei, Li Yongbo and Tian Bingyi in the background.

View attachment 128813

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think Lin Dan will play for another four years. He is only 28 year old and doesn't have any major injury. He is the icon of the sport and has the heart to promote the sport worldwide. For badminton sake and his country, i think he will come back. Can he be still on the top? I think he will. If I am not wrong, he has Kobe Byrant fitness trainer to train his stamina. I pretty sure the trainer will keep him up in term of stamina. Peter Gade and LHI were both still on the top level when they were at age of 32. With the better nutrition and scientific way of training, I am not surprised if LD win the gold medal again in Olympics 2016.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's my wish too,hope you're right. But he's been saying he's very tired,really needs a break, and calling for a special training program with clear goals otherwise it 'll become a burden for him (only 4 hours quality training like Taufik's ?), getting married (then followed by fathering), family now comes first, wants to enjoy more things outside badminton, and so on and so forth - he's obviously going to slow down what with all this other interests ,distractions, no more peaks to conquer having achieved everything there is in badminton - I really don't know what to say or hope for from him going forward.

As it is, I believe LCW has more drive,hunger and motivation to strive on. For Lin Dan to have said he wanted to emulate PG,makes me chuckle. Both LCW and PG would gladly have retired , PG long ago, if they've achieved half as much.

Anyhow,let's see how he plays in the China Masters next month, but I understand LCW isn't playing (and Saina has withdrawn). And,yes,if I'm not wrong,Lin Dan also said he wants to enjoy playing badminton but not in the intense competitive spirit all the time;hmm, what does that tell you.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i have never seen LYB so pleased!! :D

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

then maybe LD will just 'playing' badminton for his fun? the title, get it or not, doesn't that matter anymore. but just maybe. hehe

if LD needs some short term goals to motivate him, then it might be:
    - 5 times WC champion
    - 6 times AE champion
    - 2 times AG gold medallist
    - MO, SO and IO titles
    but will those titles motivate him enough or not, it's all up to him.

13. MightyJoe

MightyJoe Regular Member

Engineer
    As the saying goes,

"The sun will set and the full moon will never stay full, thus there's no perfection in the universe"

Lin Dan is contented with what he has so there's no need for him to push himself too much to achieve the above. Then again, China might need his service once again for the coming Thomas Cup 2014 and World Championship 2013. Pressure then will be on Chen Long to deliver, not Lin Dan.

14. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Keep on walking, keep on winning, until the end of the world, in Latin America Brazil 2016........

15. MightyJoe

MightyJoe Regular Member

Engineer
    London Bridge is for-Lin Dan,

London Bridge is for-Lin Dan,

My fat lady (Rosmash)

Catchy I know.

16. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    My prediction is that LD will aim for big titles from now on. He likely plays 2-3 super series (the premier one) namely - Korean open, All england and the China open plus the world championship each year. He may have another go at Asian games 2014 +/- another olympics games at 2016.

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, can't understand. anyone pleased enough to explain? :D thanks

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

google search rosmah mansor..;) hope that helps....
    sorry for the ot..

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

London bridge is falling down is a traditional nursery rhyme.

With falling down > for lin dan , and
    my fair lady > fat lady

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, still not that understand, but thanks george and alanY​. :D