Liliyana Natsir

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by martha, Mar 27, 2006.

1. martha

martha Regular Member

I think that Lilyana is suit with Chan Choong Ming if Nova can not play again, but it is imposible because they is different country

But I like it, They same have best skills especially their smash and if their defend is good

Does Chan Choong Ming play MD ???? Iam not sure

#21 martha, May 21, 2006
    Last edited: May 21, 2006
  2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

salah bos ....... if I'm not wrong, Lilyana is from Manado.
    Many Indonesia tribes look like Chinese, e.g. Manado, Toraja, Minang, some of Madura.
    Anyway, regardless your race, religion or tribes, as long as you hold Garuda Passport you are still Indonesia citizen .......

3. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon

Could not agree more...:D

4. martha

martha Regular Member

Who is name of couple which will meet with Lilyana in the first game on INA OPEN 2006 (SURABAYA)??????

You can get me information

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    Lilyana Natsir

i saw "kick andy TV show" of metro TV last night about indonesia badmiton players. what makes me interesting and shock that lilyana only attended elementary school :eek: :eek: :eek:, She never continues her study again, she has gambled her future with badminton and she wins .. i hope she continues to be a successful badminton player :D

#25 taufik-ist, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup, she's only 22 and still has a long way to go...at least till the 2012 Olympics (when she's just 27 by then).

Maybe after next year, she can concentrate on WD with Vita Marissa?

7. kenshin_kendoka

kenshin_kendoka Regular Member

Anyone have that show captured and uploaded somwhere?

Another thing, why don't PBSI organized some sort of private tutoring / school for atheletes, so at least they have better education while still keep training?

#27 kenshin_kendoka, Sep 14, 2007
  8. taufik-ist

it administrator
    PBSI may provide private school , PBSI give them a freedom :), maybe KRISNA can give us a report about ina players education in pelatnas Cipayung :D

"there's no time or we're already tired after hard full day training" said most ina players when answering the question why they don't continue their study

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Kick-Andy was fun!

From what I can gather... 100% of the Indonesian National Team players did not attend college... There is no prohibition against taking college courses in non-practice hours... but nobody took advantage of it... :p :rolleyes:

Most INA badminton players were terrible elimentary school to highschool students... By highschool graduation and upon entering the National Team, they know that keeping up with schoolwork is very difficult after 6 hours of training. From what I heard, maybe only Susi Susanti and Fung Permadi were good in highschool... :p Because of their poor education, I think most INA badminton players are quite naive and not sophisticated enough to face the non-badminton world later on in life... :eek: Many made poor uneducated decisions later on... :(

Former National Team Players who flunked out of the team early on [when they are young enough] such as Wiwis Meyliana, Dian Novita, and Jane David are all full-time college students right now... Tony Gunawan and his wife Eti Tantri finished college in the US... Now those two are intelligent and educated individuals... ;)

[​IMG]
    Here's a picture from that show... the 3 Arbi brothers... That show was so funny, so joyful and uplifting... :D

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    PBSI may organize tutoring sessions... but nobody will show up! :(

11. kenshin_kendoka

kenshin_kendoka Regular Member

Why not make a special program that the athletes can take it at their own pace? (and make it mandatory)

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Many reasons shall make this good idea fail...

There are many reasons this idea won't work. "Money" is one. PBSI [Indonesia's Badminton Association] is so cash-strapped as it is. Who will pay for this special program?

And the next one is, "What if the athletes refuse to take this special program despite the Association requiring them to take the special program?" Ban them from playing? :confused: Really? Will PBSI ban Lily Natsir and Nova Widiyanto [one of INA's big hope to get an Olympic gold in 2008] from playing just because those two refuse to participate in this special program?

Then consider this reason, "If the participation is not voluntary, will this special program accomplish it's original goal?" :confused:

And one more big reason [among others]: "What kind of benefit PBSI gets by doing a special program?" We have two current badminton World Champions without them taking this special program. PBSI is scrutinized by the INA public for their badminton achievement of today. PBSI is not required by anyone at all to make sure their athletes are college educated or even highly educated...

#32 Krisna, Sep 14, 2007
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

..from what i know, they both attended school (more of a IT/technical school, esp. for Tony)...However, i don't know if he and/or his wife finished their education..:rolleyes:;) Both were working while going to school part-time..And of course, now, Tony is playing full-time again..:cool:
    ..i read in another thread, our yannie actually brought up an idea that she's willing to provide an English tutoring class, even for 1-2 hrs, for some of the younger INA badminton players:cool:...not sure if that idea is still a go or not??..:confused::rolleyes::p:);)

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The problem is that they will have no time to attend the classes.

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    Kido didn't graduate/finish his high school :)

16. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

really????? ......

17. taufik-ist

it administrator
    did you see kick andy show ? if you didn't.. metro will replay again today at 13.00 wib

18. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    hiks TT.TT
    butet lost....TT.TT
    taufik also TT.TT

19. cynthia

cynthia Regular Member

student
    hey hey... i was shocked too when i watched kick andy... hehe... it is gambling... eventhough we study, life couldn't get easier right...
    but go lily, you have decided.. be good be world champion....

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yup...

..it's a gamble indeed...I was also a bit surprised after i heard the same thing also from people who watched this episode. Imagine, finishing (maybe not even) elementary school (usually 6th grade) and not seeing/reading anymore educational books til now. I also heard, in the future after she retires, she's probably going to go the business route/become an entrepreneur (ala Susy Susanti)..:confused:..But yes, if she were to accomplish that goal, she has to keep winning and collecting those prize monies if not to serve as her business' capital..:p:cool:

#40 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007