LIANG Wei Keng / WANG Chang

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by R20190, Jan 15, 2023.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The recent Malaysian Open was the first time I've seen this pair play and have been quite impressed, especially Wang Chang. This is the first Chinese MD pairing I've seen that seems to play a more Indonesian-style game, an excellent fast flat game, fast feet, refuses to lift, and lots of nice angles. They seem to be playing with a genuine smile too and are able to laugh off silly errors. I think this relaxed attitude will only help them achieve more as they develop.

I can see the makings of a top pairing here. Still a bit of a rough diamond with a lot of refining to do and some creases to iron out but lots to be excited about.

Justin L and visor like this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Chang :
    Born: 7 May 2001 (age 21 years), Ningbo, China
    Height: 1.8 m
    Current ranking: 17 with Liang Weikeng (27 December 2022)

Liang Weikeng
    :
    Born: 30 November 2000 (age 22 years), Guangdong Province, China
    Height: 1.76 m
    Current ranking: 17 with Wang Chang (27 December 2022)

Fully agree, a relatively young, up-and-coming CHN MD pair with huge potential, exciting and refreshing to watch, highly entertaining, very promising. Their body language and on-court attitude exudes positivity and cheerful demeanour, notably the good-looking Wang Chang who's always smiling.

Note that the Wang Chang/Liang Weikeng partnership was formed sometime in the first half of last year, 2022, WC's previous partner was Di Zijian whilst LWK's was Shang Yichen, and so far their achievements are one Super 750 Japan Open '22 championship, and two runners-up, namely, the Super 500 Indonesian Masters '22 and the just-concluded Super 1000 Malaysian Open '23. Not too bad.

[​IMG]
    Wang Chang (L) and Liang Weikeng, winner at the Daihatsu Yonex Japan Open 2022

Cheung, tbgoh288 and R20190 like this.
  3. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Wang Chang (R) and Liang Weikeng, celebrate their win during the semifinals match at Petronas Malaysia Open 2023

DSC09999.jpg

viver, Cheung and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Wang Chang is the real deal.

Justin L likes this.
  5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Liang WeiKeng got my attention with the his performance at the National Games in 2021. I have been waiting for his breakout ever since.

Wang Chang has raised his game, especially the net coverage, to top flight status.

Now that they will become a target, they need to raise their game ever further. Their occasional carelessness can be quite costly when facing the toughest opponents.

In any event, it will be exciting to watch their development.

Justin L likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang/Liang is still a relatively new and young pairing, formed less than a year ago and age 21/22 respectively, very much a work-in-progress, both unpolished gems, hugely talented with tremendous potential.

It's early days yet whether they are destined for greatness one day. I hope so, time is on their side.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Strong wrist for defence. Good smashing power as well. A matter of time they win a S1000. A little bit of complacent at times. Smile too much. ;)

8. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

Liang is a little too.. chubby. Sure it helps him with his smashes, but he got caught by some of the drop shots and half court shots by Ahsan/Setiawan. I can’t remember the last time we had a #1 chubby MD player, Qiu Zihan is the only one I can think of but he suffered from a lack of agility too.

visor likes this.
  9. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

While I don’t necessarily disagree with you he had strapping on his hamstrings that match which might be another reason, I can’t recall him having any particular trouble with drop shots in earlier matches.

Ah yes they kind of play like Liu/Qiu as well :D LYC is also chubby (compared to his compatriots)

10. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

the most interesting pair at the moment.. I like hard hitter like liang.. crazy power..and wang is damn fast at front court area

Edmund96, Justin L and Sundis like this.
  11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yep definitely, but what is most exciting for me is, I don't think we have seen the best from this pair.

There are still a few holes in their game (particularly Liang) which I hope they will work on and show us how good they can be.

Justin L likes this.
  12. PoopNoob123

PoopNoob123 New Member

Does Liang currently use a 3u 800pro?