Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Han, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    WXL learned of her grandmother's death on the 26th, right after the UC final when her mother came to see her after the victory.

they went to her grandmother grave on the 27th morning, and then in the afternoon, she went back to cheer for the TC final.

i faintly recall, wasn't WXL at one point doing the drumming?

she dedicated her UC victory to her grandmother.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    for me, the most touching part of the story is when WXL invited her team mates to her home. I almost had to stop reading it because it was heart aching.

3. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, i remember seen her on screen too, on the drum with a child, next to WYH.

so, based on your translation, the decision to keep this news from WXL was a decision make by her mother with the coaches/CBA? then it's not truly CBA's fault? so where is the news that WXL complaining about LYB cames from?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we can only see one story from this one reporter. so it is not necessarily true that that is the whole story. as we all know it is possible for reporters to sugar coat their stories.

the controversial part of the whole thing is that it was possible for them to tell her before her grandmother passed away so she can see her grandmother one last time. the decision by mother+team was to not let her know.

having said that, what seems consistent so far is that the decision was her mother's and out of love for her daughter's performance at the UC. what pain and double amount of grief and pain she has to go through to have to prepare dinner for WXL's teammates at her home while she is worried about her own mother in her deathbed at the hospital.

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Based on what I had read from the sina article, i think it was the Hubei chief who (allegedly) decided not to let WXL's mother inform WXL.

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    The chief did the right thing for the team and for the country

and I'm sure WXL would understand eventually.

Losing the last look is a sad thing

but under such circumstances

somebody has to suffer

and somebody has to make that decision.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is that your source? How did you come to your conclusion or insinuation of wrongdoing by the three coaches,one of whom is LYB your target,

1) for willfully withholding the news from Wang Xiaoli;
    2) that "if she know the news she wont be playing, or not performing up to standard.";and
    3)it "shows a lack of trust in other female players ...".

Most importantly,you didn't mention the article said it was her family's decision not to break the news to her until after the Uber Cup, that her mother made the pact with a certain badminton center head,not LYB. Also nowhere in the article did it said WXL was blaming anybody,in fact she dedicated the UC victory to her deceased grandmother.

Then you further wrote this:"This received an outcry among the chinese forums quoting particularly that is winning so important that 1 should be keep silence of her closest one death." - what has this got to do with LYB?

You put your own spin to the apparently neutral story as if to imply LYB is a cold-hearted contemptible person "with no integrity". Naughty,sly,morally questionable of you. Enough,I'm sure those can read Mandarin and think for themselves in a fair way will know your ulterior motive. I shan't waste any more time on it.

Thanks,pcll99, for the link.

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

WXL's mother is a tough woman i think, keep the sorrow in her heart but still put a smile on her face to meet WXL and teammates.

would somebody please translate the article please? yup, it can be one-sided article, but at least it is what we got till now. it's still good to have an idea on what's going on while wait for another source to come up.

about the bad decision to not let her know, whoever decided it, i think it was a pretty hard situation they have back then. uber cup is a team event, and any bad condition/mood on one player may have or have no impacts on whole team's spirit and appearance. but who want to take some risk in such situation?
    btw, from what i can remember from WXL's screen appearance on TC finals, WXL was pretty cool on the drum, she looks okay, at least to me. i said that because when saw her that day, i never think she has this tragedy in her home. and i doubt she will be that cool if she really blamed CBA/LYB for the incident?

#288 bad's fan, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  9. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

you ben under such situation before? u sounds like, she will understand the situation, if i were here, i wont have the slightest regret in my life

10. ibelieveindevil

http://www.badmintoncn.com/view-14671-1.html

“这是我妈妈,让她陪我一起进来吧。”在王晓理的要求下,李汉珍陪着女儿一前一后走进了检测室。“晓晓,我跟你说个事情。”李汉珍觉得这是最好的时机,鼓足勇气张了嘴。王晓理先是一怔,别看平时大大咧咧,但对于母亲的这句话,她突然意识到了有事情要发生。“外婆走了……”仅仅四个字,狭小的空间里空气顿时凝结,母女二人几乎同时流下眼泪,默默地抽泣着……   “什么时候的事?你们怎么才告诉我?”好一阵,王晓理才挤出两句话,声音小得像蚊子叫。对于女儿的态度,李汉珍曾经计划了很多种方案,但此刻她大脑一片空白,什么时间,什么地点,什么病症,为什么隐瞒……她原原本本地将事情告诉了女儿。“你们知道,李(永波)导知道,田(秉毅)导知道,陈(其遒)导知道,就我一个人不知道。”委屈的王晓理干脆蹲在地上,任凭泪水淌落地面。

11. ibelieveindevil

12. ibelieveindevil

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I look at it this way,if WXL's mother insisted that WXL be told about it knowing her daughter well and the government official or coaches or whoever in authority stop her,then there is controversy. Since it's her mother's decision - she even defended her stand - it is purely between mother and daughter,nobody else is to blame.

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, i'm confused now

which one is true?
    a. it's WXL's mother own decision to not let her know in the 1st place
    b. it's WXL mother, after hear some advice from the coaches finally decide not to let her know
    c. it's the CBA decision, and they can make WXL's mother understand the condition and agree to keep it secret for while
    d. it's all CBA's decision, even if WXL's mother objected, they don't even care.

which one is the fact?

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    just curious, how many of us here at BC can read Chinese? around 10%?

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i can't, sorry for that. so, what is the answer for my curiousity, pcl99? if u don't mind to share what can you understand from all the forums or articles, please?

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i am not very good at Chinese. (Very slow and sometimes wrong.)

I think it is not clear (based on the two articles) which one person made the decision.

19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

oh, so it's still not clear yet who actually made it? confuse confuse.

20. laonong

laonong Regular Member

If her mother wanted WXL know her grandmother's death, why didn't she just call her. So it's more likely her mother's decision.

After all it's her grandmother not her mother.