Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    Zlatan Ibrahimmovic is back playing Football after rupturing his acl in April...
    What do you think?

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    That's very fast. Good for him.
    I think football and badminton are different sports.

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

well, Li Xuerui was also already back playing during Chinese National Games.
    The difference is Zlatan can stay at one place or walking for about 10 minutes and run quite rigorously for some 5 minutes (he came on at minute 77). Li Xuerui must run almost all the time for about 60 minutes

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    In football you don't have to be constantly running for 90 minutes. Most probably 5 to 10 minutes if you are striker. But not if you are a defender.

Also, as mentioned above, he probably comes on in the 87th minute and score with his head from a set piece.

5. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    But then football is so much more physical, the body contact load during running with the ball and defenders comming at you will be totally different from Badminton.
    To be back and facing defenders at 6 months is no joke, moreover at this level.
    Sums it up, if there is a will there will be a way.....
    did you read what he said, not training is not an option!
    It's like do or die! Drown or float!
    A very determined player....
    There is always the risk of re injury if he is not careful, then again his PT and surgeon would have given him the clearance after examining his knee throughly!

stanleyfm and nokh88 like this.
  6. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    I still think she can make it, won't be surprise if she wins a few SS. But I have a feeling it she won't come back as a WS but WD...
    probably she will now play and enjoy herself....

7. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I think it is very possible as well, considering how WD relies a lot on CQC/JYF (and HYQ/YXH maybe) at the moment

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2018-01-06/doc-ifyqkarr7586975.shtml

Yeah, good for Li Xuerui but at the moment,according to Zhang Ning, she's only back to about 30-40% of her former self, and her knee may have recovered but still there's joint effusion after much running. Also as her ranking points were wiped out, she can only start by playing in the small tournaments for which Zhang Ning intended her to play in the China Grade 2 Level 6 tournament held in Lingsui in April (not Mar as wrongly reported in the article).

It's a long hard road ahead for LXR, though Zhang Ning hoped she can make an appearance at the Uber Cup but she is worried about giving her too much pressure for if she loses a match, her confidence would take a hit.

Just look at Kento Momota whose long hiatus wasn't due to injury yet his comeback is not without obstacles, we can expect LXR's comeback from severe injury to be fraught with difficulty. At this moment, to be frank, it still hard to say how things will turn out for her eventually. However, we should be glad that CBA and the coaching team especially have pledged never to give up on her as long as she doesn't give up herself.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If LXR has the will to persevere and defy the odds, with her talents, I believe she will succeed, a case of mind over matter. We'll see. Time will tell.

pcll99 likes this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2018-01-25/doc-ifyqyuhy6252043.shtml
    [​IMG]
    It's been two years since Li Xuerui sustained her injury at the Rio'16 Olympics and underwent a very long recuperation period. Yesterday (24th Jan) was Li Xuerui's 27th birthday and while being interviewed on CCTV, she made known that she would be taking part in the coming German Open in March or the China Level 6 Super 100 event at Lingsui in April.

Li Xuerui added :" There is also swollen knee (edema), made me feel dejected, but I still want to carry on, I think I can do it, that's why I persisted, feel very fortunate that I can be part of this big badminton family. Hope to do well at my daily training and assignments. To return to competition requires a long period of preparation, I can't say the moment I come back I can take on the foreign first-rate players. As the competition is intense, to begin anew, I have to take it one step at a time, and start from the low level tournaments."

As for her current state of recovery , Li Xuerui indicated:" At the moment I am practising with 'the little friends', the young second tier players, quite happy that I beat all of the them.However, when compared with the Superies Level players, there's still a gap in my current standard."

About when she would return to the international arena, Li Xuerui revealed:" I have registered for the German Open but as I have no world ranking, not sure if I qualify. If not accepted, then I'll take part in the Lingsui International Challenge in April."

Many fans consider Gao Fangjie and Li Xuerui look alike, on this Li Xuerui exclaimed:" No resemblance ah ! I never thought so. We have been roommates, and very familiar with each other." Gao Fangjie had said:" We play a similar style, eh, we are both attacking players, furthermore, we are tall and wear a braid, and personality-wise we are extroverted, that we're very alike. Li Xuerui is more strong-minded in character, I'm more easy-going, a bit nonchalant."

As regards the current state of CHN Women's Singles ,Li Xuerui expressed:" Lack of spirit, our young friends (the CHN junior WS players) lose out to others in that will to win spirit. Actually, in the past we CHN WS weren't always all that dominant, it's not that we were far stronger. Rather, self-belief is very important, the ability to let oneself go, dare to fight and beat every opponent."

#1189 Justin L, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    only 17 months, not 24. Quite a difference.

stanleyfm likes this.
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The author was lazy to count the months and just round it up to two years, even, Intanon Ratchanok who the other day commented on LXR's comeback being fraught with difficulties also simply stated it as two years.

I myself think she may not get a qualifying spot in the German Open as I expect many players want to play it as a warm-up tournament for the All England that follows, the Lingsui event, yes, she'll probably play that one. After that there are two super 300 events in May she can try but , no matter what, I doubt she will get to feature in the Uber Cup, too late I think.

12. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    Good to hear she is coming back....i always admire her attitude, talk less and train more..
    Anyway, she should start with Regional tournaments 1st before going for those higher levels tourney.
    Get use to the court feel, and atmosphere of playing again...then slowly enter those big tournaments again...I am sure she will be able to do it.
    I recall Okuhara, she played in the SEA regional tournaments in Indonesia after coming back from knee injuries and won some of them...then she slowly move up to the international stage....

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Singapore would love to hire the services of Li Xuerui and raise awareness for this sport through her results as well as good results in Team Competitions.

Win Win deal.

14. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    Hire as a coach or player under the FT program?
    But I doubt she will even think about it given her caliber....moreover you should know by now how SG Badminton works..

15. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Brother, how do you know? Source?

16. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    I think he is just saying only, no real news

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

You see....there is a lot of competition internally in China's WS category

Sun Yu, Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao, Chen Xiaoxin
    then you can add newcomers like Gao Fangjie, Shen Yaying

it's difficult for Li Xuerui to hold her place....so she could be tempted with a LOT OF MONEY to be honest.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    He runs SBA haha :D!

19. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    none of that matters if cba doesn't release her.

even if they do i can't see lxr uprooting her life at this point to play for any other country.

20. spidey

spidey Regular Member

freelance
    For her, doubt is for the money bro....
    if anything that would temp her to move would probably be family or husband...:p

Anyway, don't think this will happen to LXR.
    I am so happy she is back....and I believe the same goes to all those badminton players who have gone thru this surgery and be back in the game..this is not a simple surgery..
    i wonder what happened to Jan O Jorgenson .....he is out injured as well right, same injury?