Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulaion LXR.........u r the best.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I have read them

I have read them; but didn't have time to confront those posts. :):):)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

congrats to LXR for winning the WS gold medal:)
    A truly deserving champion.. Was quite impressed with her racket skill.. As i mentioned earlier, her style of play is just like XXF...She also proves her worth and prove to CBA that is is a correct choice of choosing her to the OG2012...really impressive....

4. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    She will be shunned by her teammates from now on. The story continues...

5. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    well, there is always rivalry within the team. then ld shud be shunned by all his teammates including the men's single headcoach, xia xuanze as well based on your theory.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well jealousy is bound to happen. But the others will also admire her for her Olympic achievement so early in her carreer.

As I believe she is such a humble girl with little or no pretenses, her elder sisters will soon
    forgive her and instead try to emulate some of her virtues. They also need her in team events like the Uber Cup.

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

she is really the miracle in Olympics. She has never played at the World Championship, the Sudirman Cup, and the Asian Games, but she just won the Olympics Champion. What an impressive triple jump.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But at least she was seeded! :p

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Rightfully so!

She came by the backdoor and was almost shut out. How cruel it would have been to rob her of the highest accolade- the Olympic golden crown!

At least LYB can be congratulated to have done the right thing in his entire controversial career as head coach.

It is now left to LXR whether she could attain greater heights by securing the World No.1 WS ranking and a back-to-back Olympic title in Rio 2016!

SN will have to work very much harder to unseat LXR. But some BCers have very high hopes that SN will prevail in the end ... But when?

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Not only for Badminton, but for all sports

As for me, any World TOP 8 ranked player/pair able to win GOLD at the Olympic Games is not an upset or a surprise. Not only for Badminton, but for all other sports (included in the Olympic Games).

For Li Xuerui (ranked at World No.3 and seeded), winning the GOLD WS medal, I wasn't quite surprised.

All we can say is: Well Done Li Xuerui !!!

#490 chris-ccc, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Just imagine!

If she had not had a brain-fade and lost the IO PSS finals (no disrespect to SN - she played a brilliant, well-thought-out match), LXR would still be on an extended, unbeaten run! :eek:

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Xuerui, O Li Xuerui, I'm speechless!

It's often said, a picture speaks a thousand words, I'd like to add a video shows a million. Just watching her matches vs Tai TY , Wang Xin and Wang Yihan that were shown on youtube, I was mesmerised, swept off my feet,sweet surrender to her all-conquering overpowering way to the final moments from her immediate triumphant reaction on court to the dreamy disbelieving yet calm demeanour on the winner's podium - it was a scene most memorable,pure simple joy and utmost delight tinged with innocence, a dream come true even for her fans.

I'd say LXR's glorious victory was even more stunning than Lin Dan's whose double Olympic gold feat was almost like deja vu, spectacularly breath-taking yet not totally unexpected as he did it yet again like many times before.

For Lin Dan it was a phenomenal achievement like no other in badminton, once more reinforcing and establishing him as the Greatest of All Time with a record that would be unassailable for decades to come.

For Li Xuerui, is it the beginning of her era? Will it be her destiny to dominate WS the way Lin Dan does in the MS? I'm wondering and beginning to entertain such thoughts, let the future tell.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Li Xuerui will be a greater player than Lin Dan (I hope)

IMHO, Li Xuerui will be a greater player than Lin Dan.

Lin Dan's reputation has been tarnished by engaging in match-fixing to help his teammates (CJ and CL) by giving them free ranking points in the past. Probably it's because it is his obedience to the CHN's system. But it is not good for us, as Badminton fans, wishing to follow/know who is our best Badminton player.

I hope LXR would continue without participating match-fixing, and show us that Badminton is a true sport (not an acting show).

Let's hope that WYH, WX and WSX will try to fight hard to compete against LXR.

No more match-fixing please.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whether LXR can be greater than Lin Dan is pure wishful thinking,too far-fetched to even bring it up at this point but I would be mighty pleased if she can do it one day.

As to match-fixing tarnishing Lin Dan's reputation, that to me is a very unfair thing to say about about him simply because he didn't benefit from it;on the contrary, in China ,a developing country of state-funded sports without which many athletes would still be living a life of obscurity, where it's all for one and one for all and nation before self, Lin Dan's willingness to help his countrymen without breaking the rules is understandable. He could have won everything for himself but instead shown his unselfishness, giving of himself,be the sacrificer occasionally. Besides,we know why it happened,it's the BWF limiting/restrictive rule for Olympic qualification and which country/coach wouldn't try their best to meet the quota legally? Ah,let's not flog a dead horse here in LXR's thread,please. What's more,we shouldn't be armchair critics and try to empathize if not sympathise with him;at the very least,try to see it in perspective,in a more balanced view, instead of just pinpointing it out of proportion.

Lest anybody thinks I'm trying to justify it, a cursory check of my other posts on this subject would immediately disabuse you of it. I believe a solution for it can be found soon (eg, limit to two participants per nation ranked in the top 16) or when these professional players become fully independent one day.

As far as I'm concerned,Lin Dan did nothing to detract from his greatness. Perhaps some would like to recall his altercations with Li Mao and his coach Ji Xinpeng in his younger impetuous years for which he's outgrown and mellowed down? Or his one too many tattoos, not being clean-shaven and keeping a goatee? Or he's so-called lack of sportsmanship as a few claimed for not shaking his opponents' hands first before his wild ecstatic celebrations? In that case , Lin Dan wouldn't be Lin Dan - he is not a saint, he is just the greatest badminton player on Earth. Take him for what he is,warts and all.

As an aside,about his cross tattoo on his left arm that some people thought he's become a Christian: I've read somewhere that he's an atheist and that the tattoo is to honour his grandmother who believes in Christianity and often prays for him before his every tournament. Peace,tolerance,loving-kindness.:)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

No more match-fixing please

I only wish to know who is our best Badminton player (worldwide, without any care about which country he/she comes from).

Why was Lin Dan ranked as World No.2 over the last 4 years? If there wasn't something fishy in our Badminton tournaments, then blame me for misunderstanding the whole situation.

My post was to hope that LXR would perform her best in every tournament she performs in. It was why I mentioned "No more match-fixing please".

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Alright,point taken, I share your wish. :)

17. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Just a little bit food for thought. It could also be because LD actually listens to the signals of his body in order to avoid major injuries.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I am a full-time professional Badminton coach, not armchair critic.

Yesterday, I was talking about Lin Dan with another Badminton fan. I said to him that Lin Dan has done harm to other CHN players, namely Chen Jin and Chen Long (because Lin Dan allows them to take training less seriously).

I said if Lin Dan does not give CJ and Cl free passage to gain ranking points, CJ and CL would need to train harder.

Now, with LXR playing her best all the time, it would set a new system for all CHN WS players - train harder and play one's best at every tournament.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

You could be correct.

Having followed LD throughout his career, his talent and skill are really the best. Even playing at 80%, he would win most of his tournaments.

Perhaps we should discontinue talking about LD in this LXR's thread. :):):)

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You bring up a very important point, Chris. LXR is not yet 20 (I think) and if at all the CBA want to make use of her services over the next say, 5-7 years, they will need to be very careful about how they go about their planning. Of course, we know that they are very good at planning and all the other stuff; they have the best support system in the world in this sport!

Just look at this girl, all heavily bandaged and all, for the past 4-5 months. Sometimes I feel, any more and she will end up looking like a mummy!

And it won't get easier. The new breed of young girls coming up in so many countries are hungrier, tougher, quicker, better, and show less fear or respect than those of the earlier generations. So IMO, to hope that LXR will rule supreme for many years is right now almost a pipe dream.

Besides, look at what is happening in the WS with CBA right now: WL may never make it back to the top echelon again; WX suffered what may turn out to be a career-threatening injury (I sincerely hope not!), WSX is in urgent need of re-discovery; JYJ is demoralized and sullen because of her fate. Result? More workload for WYH and LXR. And more chances of losing, injury... :(

In pro badminton, DOWNTIME MUST BE PLANNED. Rest is equally a weapon. Especially at the levels these girls play now, any injury can threaten their entire careers.