Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Read slowly, you said in your post 'as long as WYH and WX progress together with LXR, LXR will not have the chance to prove herself. She has to hope for either of them to choke (depending on which half) so she doesnt have to subject herself to match-fixing'.

So WX and WYH no choking and marched on with LXR to SF, so where was the match fixed for WX to win, da?;) Here you choke in your prediction.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Li Xuerui !!!
    lxr-LOG2012.jpg

#462 cobalt, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Chinese badminton player Li Xuerui wins Olympic women's singles gold
    English.news.cn 2012-08-04

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2012-08/04/c_123528510.htm

LONDON, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- China's badminton player Li Xuerui beat her teammate Wang Yihan in three games to acquire the gold medal of women's singles on Saturday afternoon.

Results of the sets were 21-15, 21-23 and 21-17. World No.1 seed Wang snatched the silver.

Earlier another Chinese player Wang Xin withdrew from the bronze medal match against Indian player Saina Nehwal after winning a game already due to injury, leaving the bronze medal to Nehwal.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Portrait of a not-exactly-average, happy teenage Chinese girl... :D

lxr-LOG2012-04.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-03.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-02.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-05.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-01.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-06.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-07.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-08.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-09.jpg

lxr-LOG2012-10.jpg

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

She's relax and stayed calm yesterday even when she lost second game with narrow margin, still consistent in decider and she won gold. Veni, vidi, vici for Li Xuerui!

6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

she also stayed calm even she won the gold medal point yesterday. She is a very steady and calm player, she is not as emotional as WSX or WYH on court. That's a good sign. :D

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrats to LXR, the unassuming girl who came out of nowhere to eliminate the three so-called "Great Wangs" just in time to be crowned 2012 London Olympics champion.

Thankfully LYB did not make another horrendous blunder by rightfully selecting LXR over the third Wang. In any case I think he preferred WYH to win.

Unfortunately l missed that great match.

ZN must be cursing she spent so much time on WYH and yet not getting the desired results.

#467 Loh, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  8. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Wang Xin's career is going end thanks to this injury. Li Xuerui, it's all your fault. She just ruined one player's career. that's not what i want to see...deep sadness.

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Without LXR, WYH should be the winner of Olympics Gold medal this year and become the true No.1 WS in China. With a rise of LXR, WYH should accept that LXR is equally talent as compared to herself and may be better in some aspect. I hope WYH will continue to improve take the gold at age of 28 like Zhang Ning in 2016.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LXR should get a praise from you

I have been trying to ignore your posts for quite a long time now. But this post of yours has really upset me, LXR and her fans (that I need to reply your post). :(:(:(

How on earth can you accuse LXR to have broken the three hearts (namely, of WYH, WSX and WX) when she has entered the Olympic Games to play at her very best?

LXR is now the 2012 London Olympics Womens Singles GOLD medalist. All Olympians would like to do so.

You are telling us that she prevented WYH, WSX and WX from winning the GOLD medal? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't get you. All Olympians should perform their best at the Olympics. And LXR has done so.

Therefore, LXR should get a praise from you. But you have complained about her achievement. I really couldn't follow your thoughts.

IMHO, your thoughts are really weird (sorry to say so).

#470 chris-ccc, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I am sure he/she is an anti-LXR. hmm.. 'All Olympians should perform their best at the Olympics', LXR has done it, she did her best to prove to the world she is the best at the moment. Unlike her seniors and the Koreans who did not perform at their best.

12. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Congratulations to LXR and she has deservingly being crowned The Olympic GOLD medalist... with age on her side she would definitely achive much more accolades for herself and for her country... whoever said/says she should give away her matches and settle for something less must be an idiot!!

13. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

She showed a tremendous form last few months. Although being a WYH fan, she definitely deserved this win. I wouldn't say her play is without errors, but she is so fast and attacking around the court that the opponent cannot make ONE error. An error-free match is needed to throw her off her feet.

But the big question is ... when will she implode. We've seen numerous examples of players rising to the top faster than an ICBM and then crashing afterwards. I really hope that CBA keeps this in mind. Eventually, she will break somewhere, it's the coaches task to foresee this and anticipate. Keep her feet firmly on the ground.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yes, i agree with the bold statement. but LXR is very calm, before, during and after the match.

I don't see her breaking down.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Evidently, you've missed all the hate posts agaisnt Saina all over the WS threads, the OG threads, and the Internet, all from the same toxic source... ;)

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    she seems to be a smart thinking player. patiently waiting for her chances during a rally and then go for the kill when she sees fit. when in occasions she makes a mistake, she would pause or sometime even sit down as if she is re-thinking what she did wrong.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You're absolutely on the money! To add: I think she has come to terms very quickly with one very important fact, and that is that in every tournament, she will sooner or later have to do her own thinking and planning, because she will come up against another China player. She has done what some of the other girls (more experienced than her, older than her) have not accomplished: she has weaned herself off the dependancy factor. That IMO is the crucial difference.

BTW, did you just use a broom here? :D

18. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Exactly. I an way she is just like Schenk. Able to overcome a challenge and adapt without having a coach nearby. I greatly admire this in Schenk's play and LXR is the same whereas WYH tends to need some more guidance and something to hold on to.

One thing is for sure, dear ladies singles, bow to the completeness on court named LXR :p.

19. King's

King's Regular Member

LXR is the lone princess warrior!:cool: WYH is definitely not looking happy out there.

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Congrats to Li Xuerui! Her work rate was very impressive :)