Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    er, sorry boss, I have to slightly disagree with that.

I think LYB had more or less already decided who will go to London after Uber Cup. (But obviously he won't tell us just yet.) After Uber and before the Olympics, LYB has two priorities only:

(1) No injury;
    (2) Concealing strengths until the very end.

Deceiving the enemies is of course Chapter 1 of the Art of War. No offense to anyone, but I think everything LYB does or says is simply part of a overall "plan".

#401 pcll99, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hmm, very interesting point on LYB's two priorities.

1st point,easy to follow - don't go all-out, don't push yourself too hard, know when to let it go - that's how to minimise injury risk. I supposed all his charges understand this instruction though it may be somewhat constraining.

2nd point, not so easy to follow, may be a bit tricky for a relatively young and inexperienced player like LXR to implement it, esp for a fast and furious attacking style like hers. Lin Dan can do it pretty well as evidenced by his ability to switch or play at different paces or styles to suit various opponents. I'm not so sure about LXR,perhaps the more experienced WYH can do it much better as she has an all-rounded style as well. How is LXR going to make of this instruction, made worse when her coach ZN wasn't even around to guide her?

Good,I actually like this thought-provoking post of yours very much with reference to Sun Zi's Art of War.:)

#402 Justin L, Jun 19, 2012
  3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    The girls are usually much better in concealing, acting and "performing" than males.:D

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    he might have. but did he tell his charges?

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LYB might have told them what he had decided. The "Chosen Ones" must have started pre-Olympic training in early June (ie, right after Uber), which is why ZH and her master TXH are not there in Jarkata and Singapore. They are back at home planning and working out the training plan.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you beat me to that and i tend to agree

7. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Li Yongbo has Sun Zu reference to strategise his team game.

Tang XianHu has his own Wumu Yishu (Yue Fei Military Manual) which is why he produced so many champions aka Lin Dan, Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng

Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui, Wang Xin and Wang Shixian must train under him. Zhang Ning is not good enough to bring the best out of them

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So, there's a general agreement emerging that the girls can't be left on their own, because they'd mess things up! :p

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

they were not on their own!
    wasnt that old boy normally sit next to ZN at the coach bench was at the IO?

#409 AlanY, Jun 19, 2012
  10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yes, well, but does he look like "elder sister" to the girls? Besides, it's clear he could not find the correct motivation/strategy at critical moments. Not saying he's just a placeholder; he obviously is a top coach else he wouldn't be where he is for so long, but I am saying he's nowhere near enough to handle the girls. BTW, is he the one who publicly reprimanded WSX?

ZN is the key to China WS winning big at the OG. The girls believe in her. They feed off her energy. I believe I've said it before, this is true especially of WSX, WYH and LXR. The other 2, WL and WX are a different breed, and of them WL would probably fit in better with TXH. As a thinking player however, WX is a class apart.

These are my personal opinions, based of course on observation. In short, my 2c. :D

11. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    In general it is not a bad thing to loss to Saina at this stage. I think she lost because of fatigue toward the end of the second game. She probably plan to beat Saina in two games. She went all out in the first game and lack of energy in the second half of the second and third games. It is a good experience for LXR. I tend to agree LYB has decided who to go during the Uper cup and he just like to get his opponents guessing until the last minute.

12. repentedboy

student la
    seriously Li Yong Bo, stop keeping everyone in suspense and announce the bloody list of who is going to play in the Olympics.

It does not make any difference to any other foreign players because to them , the competition is alot easier with having only 3 chinese players.

Unless...you want to beg IOC to let all four of them play at the expense of the removal of one noob player from another country.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20120620/000455.htm

Today (20 June) is the deadline for LYB to submit the names of Olympic players to the State General Administration of Sports.

But LYB said (on 18 June night) he still couldn't decide.

14. repentedboy

student la
    Keep us updated..and refreshing the chinese news.

I am in office atm

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

this LYb guy, he is always full of strategies, succeed or failed one. :D

16. repentedboy

student la
    He has made wrong decisions sometimes in the Olympics that is quite influential to China's failure in OG to an extent. For example, he dropped Xia Xuanze for Chen Hong which is the biggest mistake in the strategy.

Lu Lan should never have been picked in the Beijing Olympics. Zhu Lin deserves to go with her status and achievements in the past tournament build up.

In similar tournament, he decided to go with HeHanbin/Yuyang instead of in form XieZhongbo/Yawen. There goes China's chances in XD

The biggest mistake he could make is probably fielding Wang Shixian with an incomplete skillset to this Olympic

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

let's see if he would make a brilliant strategy this year, or make another blunder.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks. If I'm not wrong,in that article,LYB did confirm Wang Yihan as the frontrunner, Wang Xin appeared to be the second choice according to unnamed sources (LYB didn't want to affirm this) and he is still undecided between LXR and WSX, thereby indirectly acknowledging Wang Xin as the second pick - perhaps those good in Chinese may want to read the said article and ascertain or correct what I've said.

19. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

I think, the safest bet for WS squad for OG WYH, LXR and a headache between WX/WSX
    2012 is not good year for WSX but imo, she is more eligible for OG than WX
    WX if had her day sure good win, but we don't know what that certain day, if she get bad day, even lowest random player can beat her. WX playing is good watch but result more important, right ..
    Oherwise, WSX only defeated by elite player, and who know, London can turn her bad luck.
    Recent good performance only not guarantee gold, remember LD in 2004

I hope LYB not make more blunder after CH, LL & HHB/YY
    But still, i'm still confuse for 1992 OG, why the like YY & LLW don't participate

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    which three of the four will be chosen will depend on the following, IMHO:

(1) who LYB think can make it to the Semi-Final? Tine? Saina? Sung? Juliane? Someone else?
    (2) which one of the two Semi-Finals will be played first on 3 August 2012? CHN-vs-CHN or CHN-vs-non-CHN? I of course assume all three CHN WS will make it to the Semi-Finals.

any thoughts?

#420 pcll99, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012