Li-Ning Singapore Youth International 2011

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by Sealman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for mas,i think the answer is no
    and also for chinese taipei or thailand
    because this is not an important tournament i guess

2. jetan7485

jetan7485 Regular Member

Thailand sends thamasin and khosit, also narisapat lam.. All of them played in wjc, mas also send soong joo ven, but the rests not so familiar..

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just read it somewhere in fb
    the mas player here consist of 3 state's state player.

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I was very impressed with Fitriani this afternoon. Despite her loss, imho Fitriani played very well and gave her opponent a hard time.

5. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    @sealman
    she is very good indeed.
    many coaches praise her. even, Sandy said that some foreign coaches praised her.
    still 13 yo, but has been really good.
    baring any injuries or discipline problem, she can be a new future star for INA...

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA players are placed in 7 more Finals today, besides the 2 all-INA Finals.

Let's see whether INA can be the overall winner, with the competition from THA or MAS (both already have 1 title and 5 more Finals each). Other countries: TPE (2 titles, particularly dominant with all-TPE Finals in BD U17 & BDU19 and 1 more Final in BS U19), SIN (2 Finals), PHI and IND (1 Final each).

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Amazing. Sg doesn't have even a single winner. Tough battle ahead. ;)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrats to all winners especially THA with 6 titles out of 18. TPE, INA and MAS eah won 3 titles with MAS maintaining it's strength in doubles. PHI surprised with 2 singles win and IND won 1, maybe because it did not send as many competitors since IND is far away compared to the other countries.

And better luck for host SIN next time. This is a good learning experience for all.

#48 Loh, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    looks like it is a acceptable for mas contingent since the squad here only consist of 3 state's state player

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Congrats for all winners... :D

INA also coming with a relatively weak team esp in doubles department. Mostly the players is unknown.. only some are familiar.. INA top juniors are all participating in Pertamina Open which clash with this tourney unfortunately. :D

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I dont think they are state players as quite a number of the Malaysian players were in their yonex 'maybank/astro' apparels?

12. sen

sen Regular Member

Wow, MNC sports showing delayed telecast of this youth tournament. Too bad, I missed it. I think throughout this year, MNC sports has yet to show live or delayed any youth tournament playing in Indonesia.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    the only national player here should be soong and some double pair
    but as far as i know,some state is sponsored by astro and maybank since bam is in some project to underneath some talent from state

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Alcalas bag Singapore Youth Int’l crowns

Published : Tuesday, December 20, 2011
    Written by : People's Journal

Malvinne Ann Alcala re-stamped her class against a tough foreign field while brother Markie enhanced a promising badminton career as they ruled their respective divisions in the Li Ning Singapore Youth International Series 2011 at the Singapore Badminton Hall in Singapore last Sunday.

Malvinne survived a grueling first set duel then hung tough to frustrate Indonesian Florensia Setyana Daniella, 22-20, 21-17, and retain the girls’ Under-17 singles crown in the annual event, which featured the region’s leading and upcoming junior players.

The victory capped Alcala’s dominating performance in the week-long tournament and another banner season that saw her win two Open singles titles in the PBaRS (Philippine Badminton Ranking System) circuit.

The 16-year-old spearhead of Victor Phl team also scored a grand slam in the Ming Ramos Cup Victor Philippine Open where she won the singles, doubles (with Fatima Cruz) and mixed doubles (with Ronel Estanislao) titles at Club 650 and at PSC Badminton Hall two weeks ago.

Markie, on the other hand, overwhelmed Malaysian Sim Fong Hau in the opening set then held on to complete a 21-11, 21-17 romp for the gold in the boys’ U-13 category.

On his way to the finals, the young Alcala, the Allied/Victor mainstay who swept the four-leg series (U-15 division) in this year’s PBaRS circuit, toppled his rivals in straight-set fashions, firming up his claim as one of the future stars of the sport.

The Alcalas’ victories also showed the country’s progress in badminton in the regional level with the PBA (Philippine Badminton Association) lining up a series of local and international tournaments in 2012 to sustain the growth of the sport and keep the players busy all year.

Players from MSI Bulacan, Whackers Badminton Academy, Jaime Llanes Trainining Camp, Escoses Training Camp, Allied-Victor PCome, CDO Badminton Team, Team Prima and the Victor Phl Team also took part in the event which drew players from Chinese Taipei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Singapore, Japan, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Australia, Kazakhstan and Vietnam.

The Phl contingent, whose campaign was sanctioned by the PBA, headed by Vice President Jojo Binay, was headed by Gen Federico Laciste Jr. and assisted by team manager Conrado Co along with head coach Allan de Leon, assistant coaches Malvin Alcala and Arolas Amahit Jr. and team officials and coaches of the participating member clubs.

#54 Loh, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  15. malvin alcala

malvin alcala New Member

coach
    FYI:sir philippines got two gold medals.

FYI sir PHI got 2 finals and both got gold medals.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Welcome to BC Malvin. You must be related to the two winners from the Philippines. It's nice to see the Philippines making an impact!

17. lindan_din

lindan_din Regular Member

badminton player
    there so many indonesian players joined in 2011 Li-ning youth int'l and they came in the different stronger club like some from tangkas,jayaraya,chandra wijaya,ragunan,etc.and also the thailand team they sent their top junior players except ratchanok intanon,the hong kong team,malysia,philippines,japan and chinesse teipei.all the players they sent there are the who's competed recently in WJC.that tournament is really tough.

18. lindan_din

badminton player
    that's the father and coah of the 2 alcala's.i know him, actually he is also a former national player.

19. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    I agree if Singapore, Taipei and Thailand send very good team. but they didnt send good WS, not only Ratchanok, but also many others left home.
    but dont think so for INA and and MAS
    only Hanna Ramadhini played in WJC for INA, and I think only 2 names for MAS (Soong Joo Ven and 1 more) played in WJC.
    as badMania said earlier, INA team are not the best. only Tangkas, Ragunan, Sarwendah and Chandra Wijaya (and maybe some others smaller team) send good names. But Ragunan, Sarwendah, Chandra Wijaya are not strong team in U17 category and above in INA. Djarum dominated in many sectors for U17 and above and they didnt send any single player. the better one was playing in Pertamina and Astec open instead.

Just look at how Hanna Ramadhini perform, it looked very easy tourney for her (still 16 yo, same age with Alcala) in U-19 category. Even when there was Tan Wei Han in her route to final. It will be different story if Thailand send good team for WS, as Thai is very strong in WS. I am curious how Alcala play against Hanna. Too bad, Hanna played in U-19, not U-17. So, no chance to meet Alcala.

i hope, they can meet each other in AJC/WJC this year.
    it will be a good game, i think...

20. lindan_din

badminton player
    i dont think so,how about the jayaraya players like lya and russely ,you mean this 2 girls are not the stronger players of jayaraya,as ive seen in their record in their past tournaments in indonesia they are one of the strongest player in U17.and i think why alcala not play in U19 GS becoz she has a title to deffend in U17 GS becoz she is the champion in 2010 Li-ning youth international U17 GS. and maybe even if alcala join in U19 GS she will be a champion becoz of her experience compare to the other players.if you take a look at her record on her past tournaments,she beat many indonesians players like ANA ROVITA (djarum)and semi finalist of DJARUM SUPER SERIES,MAZZIYAH NADHIR (national team) and PANGERSA PUTRI MUTHIA TESTU and etc.but maybe it will be a good game between alcala and ramadhini if they meet this year in 2012 Singapore Li-ning junior int'l series in U19 GS,defntly i will watch that game.and about thai players i think SARITA is one of their best in U17 GS except RI and BUSANAN ONGBUMRUNGPAN.becoz i saw all the junior players of thailand in all junior tournaments like ANA ASIA YOUTH INT'L U15 and U17,AJC and WJC.they are the same players in 2011 lI-NING YOUTH INT'L except the 2 girls i mentioned.it means the thai team entered their line up in that tourny full force.and expect maybe this year this tournament will become tougher becoz korea and china or maybe some of the european countries might join there.look!japan joined already on that tournament.

#60 lindan_din, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012