Li-Ning Singapore Open SS 2013 - Day 4 Quarterfinals (Friday, 21st June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by kelana, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emrebelezoglu

emrebelezoglu Regular Member

Artist
    What is relation between super series title or super series premier with the elimination badminton from Olympics? Just because in 2012 China won all the gold, so for long live badminton, China should let other countries win the title on BWF tournaments?
    Supposedly if this is so, China should budge in the Olympics, not in kind BWF super series tournament.
    See the Sudirman Cup, China won 9 times, and 5 times in a row since 2005. That means that China dominates the Sudirman Cup for 1 decades. Is mean Sudirman Cup should also be removed? See also Thomas Cup, China wons from 2004 to 2012, 5 times in a row. Is also should be TC removed?
    China won 5 gold badminton in Olympics just hapenned 1 time! It is not a big problem.

Maybe the right answer is, other countries is in positive progress, while Cina stuck! Look at their mens singles, Du Pengyu? Whang Zhengming? Chen Yuekun? LOL

2. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    C'mon just stop it guys. Let's back in the topic. We have an SS tournament running here.
    We can debate it all the time with no conclusion in the end.

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Tomorrow match of the day should be :

Ahsan/Hendra which are in good form vs Cai/Fu which kinda in grey area atm :)

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Even Xue song is better than Wang zhenming.... Most over rated player..

5. oasis123

oasis123 Regular Member

Congratulations to Cai and Fu for advancing to the semi final!!! :D

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Small chance for Ina wd

Nitya/Greysia are on good run beginning from Thailand and should give TQ/ZYL run for their money

So do Pia/Rizky who are in worst H2H against their trully old enemy Misaki/Ayaka
    There should be some kinda loopholes that Pia/Rizky can explore to finally overcome their jinx against Jpn wd no 1 ;)

7. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

In China, there are also a lot of badminton fans love to watch INA Players's matches. Also we always say "天下羽球出印尼“ (I bet you must love this). We do hope IND players regain their glory. We love competitions, it's good for badminton!

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I witnessed when Hong wei?cHai Biao lost if final qualification to JPN MD...Zhang JUn was so upset and started his loud voice..he got louder when Chai Biao answered back...do you think they wanted to lose pusposely? nope...even Hong wei got more frustrated as he thought he and CB had a good start by winning 2 tournaments...will they get better? yes..they will..

9. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

In China, there are also a lot of badminton fans love to watch INA Players's matches. Also we always say "天下羽球出印尼“ (I bet you must love this). We do hope IND players regain their glory. We love competitions, it's good for badminton!

10. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I don't know anything about table tennis so I won't comment on it. But yes, if China has complete dominance in that sport, I'd be worried about its future.

And when I say that China is maybe more focused on winning the big titles these days, I don't mean that they're intentionally playing badly to lose in the 'smaller' tournaments. I'm just saying that there's probably a bigger push, more of a focus in their own internal workings (what goes on behind the scenes and all that) when it comes to playing in the 'big' events.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,like thailand open gp 2008:D

let see how china performance in ajc and wjc this year:D

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    same thing..many INA fans love Chinese players...I hate the comments as they do not respect to the hard works of other players...every time Chinese players because they wanted to lose...such a stupid thinking!

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    TMN is playing the match of his life... Really amazing..

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In life, we've to learn to let go and not be too hard on ourselves. For example, a perfectionist who cannot let go and insist everything has to be perfect will end up making others and his/her own life miserable.

Clearly,in the context in which I wrote 'is content to let go some of the less important ones' can be construed to mean 'is content not to have to win some...' Obviously, it's your acute sensitivities that misinterpreted my text as insulting and arrogant where nothing of the sort was intimated. Perhaps you misread it as 'let others win some of the less important ones'? The phrase 'let go' and the one word 'let' have different implications and connotations. I hope you're not intentionally trying to be provocative and stir a contentious debate unnecessarily.

Come to think of it, on another note, was BWF, as GC the commentator once revealed, being insulting and arrogant towards other countries when they asked CBA/LYB not to send all their best players to every tournament so as to give others a chance to win them?! I remember the French and Japan Opens last year were conspicuous for CHN's absence. There is really no need to read too much into it. Just let go.:)

15. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Badminton basically is quite competitive

I agree with you that CBA are putting PRIORITY and FOCUS on those MAJOR events (mostly Team Events) that they regard as more important & prestigious such as Olympics, Asian Games, Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, World Championship because they also realize their players can't win all the times... to play and win continuously from one tourney to another are too demanding physically, furthermore the gaps among CHN players and the ROW are not such big to make possible such continuous winning streaks :p it's simply unrealistic to ever think like that

Apart from WS & WD (mainly represented by WXL/YY & TQ/ZYL) which have more significant advantages, and XD with less advantages, the MS & MD are showing no clear advantages at present.

In brief, basically the so many individual tournaments of badminton are quite competitive, with winners can be spread over to multiple countries. There should be no surprise if the winners may come from any major badminton country or countries. For these individual tourneys, I'll say that CBA will put more emphasis on Premier SS ones.

Table Tennis and Badminton are not similar in their characteristics, therefore it has less merits to compare the two sports ;)

16. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    TMN took G1 23 - 21.
    C'mon Marc!!!!

17. emrebelezoglu

emrebelezoglu Regular Member

Artist
    Also Cai/Fu lost 2 times in SC and IOSSP to MA/HS. But, we admit, China still dominating in WD and WS... MS, MD, and XD, other countries have big chances... For MS, without Lin Dan, China leave Chen Long alone to fight. He can't countinous winning all tournaments.. lol
    For MD, so so many good players outside there. So, China's chances is small. Also for XD, so many good players outside there, also the rising star from Kor who beat ZZ 2 times.

So far, Cina still dominates in 2 sectors: WD and WS, look at IOSSP.
    If XD, MS, MD China didn't win, don't cry, but fact. There is many stronger players who have capabilities to beat China's players...

18. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

don't worry, which Wang win is not significant, according to some people all the China WS Players will generously gave away and letting Linda win the title LOL :p :p

because afterall Singapore Super Series title is NOT A BIG TITLE and NOT IMPORTANT ho ho ho ROFL :D :D :D

19. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    XoXoXo I want that drugs, too!!! :D

20. Hagen

Hagen Regular Member

Banker
    MZ doesn't look good in G2.
    His match yesterday seems to request its tribute...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.