Li Ning Singapore International Series 2009

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by Sealman, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Lee JJ is still very fast but expect to see some 'fireworks' this evening as the Koreans will be up against the 2nd MD seeds Widianto/Wijaya.

How old is Olympics silver medalist Shon Sheung Mo? 29 years old? He is still a very good player imho and hope to see him in the MS finals.

Are Bae Youn Joo and Jung Hoon Ho in the Korean national team? they're lovely :)

2. Teck Kai

Teck Kai Regular Member

Engineer

Hi Thanks

I dont know who is Derek Wong and dont know how good is him. The match between Ronald Susilo versus Derek Wong should be very interested. I missed the match because was during my working hour. Sigh,,, I want Ronald Susilo to win because i already plan to see him to play in FINAL. But the result make me very disappointed. Dont know when i can see Ronald Susilo again??? Anybody know what he doing now???

About LJJ, he have high chance to enter MD and XD final. He is very gentleman player and cant wait to see him in the final.

Meanwhile, can anybody share the photos?

3. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college
    yup Bae Youn Joo is in national team but i don't know about JUng Joon Ho~
    do you watch the tournament??
    can i have special request of LJJ's pictures? just take as many as possible, hahaha, i am really addicted to him, and ask him what is his next plan in the future bcos i ever heard from his sibling, one of his dream is to bcome a coach just tell him all of his fans in Indonesia is always waiting him to back again~~

4. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college

i miss LJJ :'(,,,would you mind to share his pic or link to a video when he play? i really wanna see how does he look like now,, is he bcome more cute??i am really upset cannot manage to come and watch him

and believe me JEN, he (LJJ) is gentleman who would keep his promises,i already prove it. please share the story w/ me if u already accept the jersey, i would really like to heard anything about him:p:):D

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ok, I will study LJJ in more detail tomorrow and feedback to you. But yes, I agree with you he is sooooo...very good looking (whether more so than last time I will have to check with Jen; she's the expert.) I had all the time to look at him because he was just 2 metres away but I was busy cheering for team Singapore. Maybe I can find the time to look at him tomorrow (when they are playing WS) and let him know it's part of my BCF assignment by request, so please be patient for another day.

BTW, I was wrong earlier. Tomorrow's Finals will start at 2pm.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Today's SIN WD and MD wins over KOR were expected.
    I was just thinking how can SIN's regular WD and MD lose to KOR's irregular WD and MD, so they won.

SIN WD should have the edge to win the title tomorrow with crowd support. But SIN MD would likely make KOR MD work so there' s a match.

SIN MS Derek Wong played well today but INA MS Adnan Fauzi played better. DW started G1 well ahead with 7-0 and kept his 7point lead at the interval with the score at 11-7. After his coach's magic words, AF closed the gap and streaked ahead to clinch G1. AF's superb defence and intelligent game reading gradually diminished DW's confidence as the match progressed. Though DW held 3 game points in G2, he played too safe to close. AF displayed steady nerves and took risks in the final 2 points and was deservingly rewarded. Hopefully AF will show the same attitude against SSM so we will have a match in the finals.

DW's performance indicates he will make progress with more exposure so hopefully SBA will give him more opportunities.

7. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college
    hahaha~~thank u so much friend,,can i call u as a friend now??
    i am not sure if Jae Jin still remember me or not but maybe you can give him some clues about me, such as:i am from Jakarta(Indonesia), i am one of his friend in Cyworld homepage...and tell him my real name~

you should tell him it is my special request, uhm aniway i send you private Msg, just read it. ok

so many Thx^^;;

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Today i went down to watch the Li ning open, again watch the singapore players play, disappointed.. Woo saw the korean gals players , damn white and pretty!:eek:

9. Teck Kai

Teck Kai Regular Member

Engineer
    LJJ was too good. He won two titles yesterday..

10. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college
    yes of course bside he had a lots of experience, i've heard the news about him from my friends

uhm aniway you have his victory pictures??if u have, please upload, i really wanna see him, thx

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I am surprised yesterday Singapore men and ladies doubles, still wearing Yonex , used yonex rackets and taking Yonex Bags. Arent they supposed to wear and used Li ning equipment since they sponsored by Li ning now??:confused:

At least Yao , that china lady should wear Li ning , she from china leh , support Li ning la:D

12. event

event Regular Member

Yes. Shon turned 29 on Canada Day this year.
    No. Jung was on the junior national team from 2000-2001. He just turned 26. Bae was on the national team while still a junior but has been off it since the spring, around the time she was left off the Sudirman Cup roster. She was not even among the 20 players who tried out in the national team women's singles selection playoff in July even though she'd played in the summer championships a couple of weeks earlier.

See podium shots here. The photo here is from before the tournament.

#52 event, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  13. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college
    thanks for the link event ^^;;

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry for this delayed report but is it my pc or bcf that's taking so long for each page to open? I just gave up.

Anyway, the WD and MD finals were thrillers.

I was expecting SIN WD to win the title by a whisker but it turned out to be KOR 's victory. In both G1 and G3,YL was clearly nervous in closing although she and Shinta both played well and could be proud of their efforts in spite of their loss. YL definitely can benefit from some mental training so that SIN WD don't lose close matches to nerves. Both WDs played at a very high level and proved to the crowd that a WD match could keep them on edge. (The naughty part was midway in G2, SIN MD was already waiting in the wings, expecting SIN WD to lose in straight games whilst LJJ and partner were still up in the spectator stands, keeping cool.)

The MD match was top quality. SIN MD's competitiveness forced KOR MD to raise their game to the max. In G1, Danny Bawa showed class by serving perfectly under pressure, causing KOR MD to err in returning his serves, reeling off 4 points in a row to close out G1.
    In G2, there was a sense of deja vu as KOR MD reached gamepoint at 20-18. This time, LJJ made sure there was no mistake. His focus was intense. He killed the serve with a screamer- an unreturnable backhand diagonal flick-smash so sharp it skimmed off the far end corner. It was so unbelievably breathtaking! I'm gonna miss his sensational badminton!
    In G3, SIN MD continued to play with confidence and challenged KOR until their score reached 15. After which,they could not keep up with KOR's continued high speed and power.
    But I'm so proud of Team Spore even though they did not win a title. In all the events, the top SIN players displayed tremendous fighting spirit, self-belief and quality badminton.In time to come,Team Spore has it to match the best. Provided they have sufficient exposure opportunities.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't know how old Fauzi Adnan is but I enjoyed watching him play. He has this cool, confident style and visually absorbing footwork. Although he displayed maturity in his game, he could not match SSM physically and in experience. SSM is what I would call an evergreen. He may be out of the international circuit but I believe he would still cause some palpitations among the top MS.
    As both SSM and LJJ hardly speak English, I asked the team manager for an update. He said both of them are with the Miryang City (club), a place two hours away by train from Seoul. SSM is both coach and player while LJJ is a player. LJJ is unlikely to return to the KOR national team.That's so heartbreaking to hear. Let's hope they'll come back to Spore again next year.It was such a special treat and great honour to have them here. I still can't believe we can be so lucky. Maybe they like Singapore!

And this is specially by flo-J's request on LJJ.
    According to Jen, LJJ is as good looking as ever.During TC08, LJJ was very fair. At OG08, LJJ was a shade darker. This time round, LJJ looks tanned. Regardless of his skin tone, LJJ has instant girl appeal.

He has smiling eyes, his hair is of natural boyish curls and most of all, he has such an easygoing nature about him.

LJJ seems to love beads. He wears a bracelet of beige colour beads on his left wrist.He has a bead stud on his right ear and two on his left ear. After a match, LJJ would rest on the highest level bench, shirtless and fan-bathe by the wall fan because the stadium is not aircon and warm(but not stuffy). He would listen to his ipod? and lie down flat, perhaps also gazing at the ceiling? (I was wondering what's there to see on the ceiling, so I did the same thing and lied down flat and looked at the ceiling. Well,the ceiling was not white and plain. It has ventilation holes and the ceiling boards are of grainy texture.
    Rather relaxing...)

LJJ is the only player to relax in this way. Probably indicates his free-spirited nature. (Can't imagine LYD doing that; LYD's too serious.) LJJ's also very popular with his teammates. After SSM won his MS match, he headed straight towards LJJ and they gave each other a high five.

And yes, LJJ gave Jen his jersey(sweat and all) after the finals, as promised.She was so happy she lingered on until the KOR bus left while I went across the grass patch to check out a dinner option. She's still on cloud nine, sleepless and now she wants to watch all LJJ's matches! I said only Han can help.

What a week of LJJ magic!

16. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

not true at all, if you're referring to world-class players :eek:
    while i was watching his matches, not only me but many of the audience were making sarcastic remarks about this so-called "Olympics Silver Medalist".

he's way below world-class standard now.

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Sorry I got the wrong 'Jung'. I was actually enquiring about female doubles player Jung Kyung Eun :)

18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Believe some of the existing players have existing contracts with Yonex. Another Singapore player Chrisnata Danny Bawa is sponsored by Gosen and plays with the Aermet 6900.

BTW I observed most of the Koreans use the Victor Superwaves 35. JJ Lee's smashes were :eek:

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    What remarks? Would you say the same about Ronald Susilo?

It would have been interesting to see how Shon fare against MS top seed Beryno Wong of Malaysia but too bad he didnt turn up.

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Yes we could hear you cheering ('screaming') for Singapore... were you not sitted next to the Korean camp :)