Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    yeah, people usually call 72 holes, 80 holes etc.

2. SirWabbs

SirWabbs Regular Member

Can someone kindly bring me up to date with the AX Force 80/90? How do these compare to the Li-Ning TC 75? Thanks in anticipation.

random123xxxx likes this.
  3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

AXF 80 (3u) hits way harder than TC75/N9-II, has better feedback on hits and also better control.

But the TC75/N9-II is way faster

4. gneken

gneken Regular Member

Have you tried Tectonic 7 or 9? (4u)
    If yea, how is the AxForce 80 compared to Tec 7 and 9

5. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Have the Tectonic 9 in 3u, tried the Tectonic 7 a while ago and have so far gotten to play only ~3hrs with AXF80...

Tectonic 9 (3u) is definitely stiffer than AXF80 but feels slightly slower due to its heavier overall weight, but hits slightly harder.

AXF 80 is closer to Tectonic 7C than to the regular T7. Both have similar weight, balance (305 on T7C) and boxy frames, with the T7C being a bit stiffer.

Tectonic 7 is and feels slightly lighter in comparison, quite a bit faster and generally easier to use...

gneken likes this.
  6. Alif Izmir

Alif Izmir New Member

Hello guys this is my first ever post on BC! For the last 2-3 years im quite the Yonex guy because their high end rackets back in 2019 was rather affordable here in Malaysia. 2 years ago i bought the arc11 for rm359 but now the price is around rm500. Since the prices for yonex rackets are quite on par with other brands, im open for recommendations! Used many different high end yonex rackets in the past 3 years, loved some of them, hated some. The aeronaut 9000c is the only lining racket ive used but sold it last year.

Btw, are lining shoes any good? I have wide feet so ive been using wide variants of yonex shoes

7. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Hey, it would be great if you could describe which rackets you did and didn't like, gonna be hard to give recommendations otherwise;)

If you liked the Arcsaber 11, I am afraid there are no similar options for you in Li Ning's current racket lineup.

The Turbo Charging 70 series would be most similar in terms of balance, but it has a different frame (way faster but with significantly worse feel) and is more flexible compared to the Arcsaber 11.

Regarding shoes: I have used several high end pairs and imo they were better than what Yonex offered in terms of stability and cushioning at that time, but had worse grip...
    If you play on badminton mats this doesn't really matter but dusty halls can feel like rollerblading at times;)

Afaik LN doesn't have wide shoes, so you definitely should try them on first before buying.

8. Alif Izmir

Alif Izmir New Member

I see. Appreciate you replying! Basically what i didnt like was super head heavy rackets like the ax99 and the zf2. Loving the even balanced type of rackets such as duora10, arc11, ax88s. I play only doubles and im not that kind of atheletic. Started playing seriously 3 years ago

9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Looking at the rackets you mentoined, you seem to like balanced to slightly headheavy rackets which are on the stiffer side.

This is a constellation you will have a really hard time to find with LN, since the rackets generally are more flexible than Yonex.
    F.e., the Turbo Charging 70 series and Calibar 900B (Boost) are amongst the few balanced rackets but lack stiffness and the Tectonic 9, Calibar 900C (Combat) or Aeronaut 9000D (Drive) which are a amongst the stiffest LN rackets, will be quite headheavy.

But then again these are not as stiff as the Astrox 99/Z-Force 2 and also less headheavy...

And what did you not like about the Aeronaut 9000c that you owned previously?

10. Mystic_BBQ_Bun

Mystic_BBQ_Bun Regular Member

Lockdown has lifted and I finally get to hit with my AX80. The last Li Ning racquets I try was 1st n90 15 years ago and compare to that AX80 is definitely a big improvement. Easy to use and the overall feel is very uniform.

Playability it is somewhere between Yonex 100zz and 88d. Not as fast as 100zz but definitely hit harder and easier to control. Power level is similar to og 88d but it doesn't have the raw and harsh feeling.

I got the regular color version so the price is very reasonable. Overall I think Li Ning is definitely heading to the right direction with this racquet.

Bakamaru and Samuel Thea like this.
  11. Samuel Thea

Samuel Thea New Member

Which version that you have? because i've heard that between 3u-5u the balance point and stiffness is different.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Did I see it correctly that the shop has now set literally EVERYTHING on some kind of sale which basically kills all the Li-Ning Family membership benefits? :mad:
    See: https://li-ningfamily.com/products/283-rackets/

13. gneken

gneken Regular Member

The sale is weak. Like 20-30% on rackets

14. Mystic_BBQ_Bun

Mystic_BBQ_Bun Regular Member

All of my racquets are 3U, I never get to try the other version.

15. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Would have to check this, but last time they had a similar sale and I had a similar reaction;) .
    The "Family Membership" discount still applied to the regular price despite being a "sale" product.

(Don't really want to check rn though as it will likely hurt either my wallet or my head:rolleyes:)

s_mair likes this.
  16. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Interesting to hear this as many people absolutely love the original N90.

Generally, "improvement" is a tough phrasing to use as LN has become much more user friendly over the last 6-7 years and going for user friendliness with rather small differences within each series of rackets (most rackets around mid-flex and slightly headheavy with only few examptions if you don't count the light weights).

Don't have the 100zz or 88D myself but would agree on your opinion of the AXF80 sitting somewhere inbetween those regarding power and speed (based on my memory as test rackets which may be off after quite a while now).

17. chienx

chienx New Member

Hi. Just got my 9000i as my first li Ning racket. I have 99pro and 88spro. I feel abit lack of power whn use 9000i compared to 99pro. Is it normal? I am still beginner in badminton.

18. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Makes sense. The 9000i is lighter than the Astrox 99.

Especially if your 99pro is a 3u, then it's a pretty massive difference.

19. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

I bought Axforce 80 4u recently. The official spec and the reality is not the same. Mine's weight are 85.7 gr, the shaft feels medium stiff (the spec says medium flex). The Balance point 300mm (same with the spec, give or take).
    It feels heavy for me but stable and powerfull.

20. gneken

gneken Regular Member

What racket have you used before?
    I just ordered Axforce 80 in 4U and hope that it's not as stiff as the Tectonic 9 in 4U.