Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The main seller for Li Ning badminton in North America is in Burlington. About an hour or so from Toronto if I remember right.
    Shopbadmintononline.com is their website. They also have a physical store I think if your friend wants to go in person.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

JoJee likes this.
  2. eoaiken

eoaiken New Member

hello everone, im new with li ning brand. May i ask which li ning racket is the same like victor bs12? im trying to change to li ning racket :)

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Lining speed frame is Turbo Charging series. But even if its speed frame, it would be different from BS series.

4. eoaiken

eoaiken New Member

i see, so what turbo charging series u recommend?

5. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Lining TC70/N7II if you want something stiffer and quicker at net, if you are a back court player looking for power then you cant go wrong with TC75/N9II.

6. eoaiken

eoaiken New Member

Thanks a lot guys!

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Just so you know nothing from any brand, not even from Victor, feels like BS12.

Chiranjib Abinash and s_mair like this.
  8. Chiranjib Abinash

Chiranjib Abinash Regular Member

Agree completely. Some rackets such as Bravesword 12, Jetspeed 10&12, Voltric ZF-2, Arcsaber-11, Duora-10/Z-Strike etc, you won't find any substitute rackets for them. Each has certain characteristics and special feel to it.

9. eoaiken

eoaiken New Member

Will keep that in mind

10. eoaiken

eoaiken New Member

Thanks! I think will try n9ii

11. lensfrog

lensfrog New Member

Hey, I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask. What is the actual difference between Lining N, TD, TF racquets? And where is the best place to buy one Australia?

12. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Those 3 naming schemes are dated now and not really what they use. Now they use a 2,3, or 4 digit naming scheme with anything starting in the number 1-3 being a TF equivalent, 4-6 as a TD equivalent, and 7-9 as a N equivalent. But basically it's like this.

N series - Top of the line racquet from Li Ning. Made with their premium materials.

TD series - one step down from their N counterparts. They try to keep the specs as similar to the N series as possible, but from the difference in material they usually end up lighter and more flexible. But there are some exceptions where the TD version is heavier/stiffer than its N series counterpart.

TF series - These are the cheapest variants. I've never played with any of them personally, and when I've looked at them they were all basically the same specs of even balance and flexible racquet.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

yan2xp likes this.
  13. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Omg the lining s1 grip on the 9000c is tiny. I have to use 3 layers of cushion wrap plus an overgrip on top of the original grip.

14. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

woah

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

well its an old naming for sure but of you ever find N series one, it might be much cheaper as its kinda outdated & old stock. Ao most likely shop owner would want tl dump those old stock & even if its old outdated version, its still good racket.
    Here in indo year ago you can found N9ii for 1.4M IDR & even now you can find N90IV & N99 for 1.7M IDR. While to compare with, TC75 which replace N9ii are priced around 2.3M-2.4M IDR or AN9000 (any variant D/C/-) around 2.2M IDR.

16. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

Finally, Tectonic 7C arrived. Its a decent looking racquet. Need to string , shall give an update after a few sessions. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

decoy, Sumanth99 and ucantseeme like this.
  17. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    Lucky you. where did you get it from?

Please share your review and comparison with other rackets

18. Swaraj Lakshman

Purchased from the official Li Ning store , India.
    Shall string it by the end of the week

Dhandapani likes this.
  19. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Wow, congrats. Review it soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

20. Swaraj Lakshman

Hello, I have been playing with Tectonic 7C for over 6-7 hours spread over 4-5days. Here is my humble opinion about the racquet.

Before that ,I would like to say my usual racquet is n9ii and sometimes when my partner takes the back I would switch to 3d Calibar900i or n7ii Lite.

String -Kizuna D61 at 26.(trying for the first time)

My go to string is bg65Ti .
    Kizuna D61 gave me the feel of Bg66um but bg66um is 0.65 whereas this is .61 .
    Bg66um had very poor durability for me,let's see how long this lasts,shall update later.

First couple of matches I was struggling with my shots,some went out ,net shots weren't precise.All this while,one thing was constant, smashes were powerful and loved the sound it produced.

Second day was better, back to my own game.

Overall now ,after 6-7hours of play,I have got accustomed to the racquet. Can't comment on the 5 o clock and 7 clock flex of frame but what I can surely say is , I have been able to deliver excellent overhead slices,smashes are accurate and more powerful than n9ii and my net shots are precise.

Its hard to believe that it was the same one I was struggling with on my first day but now it seems to be a simply brilliant.

Some slices are such a gem that let aside my opopnents who are unable to lift it, I am myself unable to believe it has crossed to the other side and dropped so close to the net. Drives are alright.I am little weak in defence hence while defending, rather than trying to hit to the back court i try to return as flat as possible and place it on the sides and oh man they were accurate.

After the match today ,while we were packing our things to leave,few of the guys who i was playing with,came and had a look at my racquet which was on a chair next to me .

Now,it makes me wonder whether it is because of the racquet or the excellent repulsion and power of the string D61.

To be honest ,it won't be a fair trial for n9ii as it was always strung with Bg65Ti or Nbg 99 hence have placed order for D61 ,once strung then I shall be able to judge Tectonic better.

Some where on Internet its mentioned its stiff but honestly ,I couldn't feel any stiffness nor is there any arm ache or elbow pain for me after its continuous use which I have had using Yonex stiff racquets after long hours of play but then again stiffness of Yonex and Li ning are different.

Just like other high end Li ning racquets Tectonic7C is also an expensive one. I cant ask/suggest everyone to definitely add this to their arsenal as I am myself just exploring it but those who love n9ii specs may find it rather easy to adapt,at least i did. I have been using n9ii for nearly 2yrs now.

However,one thing I can suggest is ,do try out the D61 string. It has been a gem of a discovery for me.