Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

They are professionals and surely don’t want to end up on some black list of untrustworthy companies in terms of customs regulations. That could seriously endanger their whole business. I mean, it doesn’t hurt to ask, but don’t be too disappointed if they refuse to do it.

And even if they declare a 150 EUR as 20 EUR, there are still packages that are randomly picked, opened and checked by customs, do you might still end up paying the fees. But also, you would have to face some unpleasant questions regarding the obviously false declaration. Not sure if that is something you want to have.

2. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks @s_mair - yeah, still makes sense to shop from Germany then :)

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I think I had asked them, and they gave me answer that it would not be a problem at all, once again it is fine line between not declaring at all and declaring false value, I do not think that they risk a lot if they omit declaration. At least UK customs do not bother checking individual packages, they really get that their effort will not be compensated in 99% of cases :)

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Might be a different story in the UK, but at least here it seems as if they select the non-declared packages by size and weight mostly. So far, I never had an issue with smaller packages (like strings and such), but I had two rackets that got snatched by the customs guys. One of them being a Victor one a couple of years ago and I had to use all my negotiation abilities to be allowed to take it with me. That's why I'm rather cautious when it comes to testing my luck with customs. ;)

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Well, if you want to have a rare racket or be the first one around to have it, it still makes sense to order from abroad:
    upload_2020-3-20_9-41-32.png

That's around 175,- EUR incl. shipment and tax, so pretty much the same price you can expect once it's sold in Germany. Screenshot is from e78.us by the way.

Swat likes this.
  6. benzyilque

benzyilque New Member

Picked up a TC75 here in canada. Looking forward to trying it out once the clubs open. I currently use an arc 11 but find it lacks a little power. Hoping this helps even if there's a little bit less control!

7. Smash the net

Smash the net Regular Member

Hello, are there reviews on the aeronaut 9000? I can't seem to find any

8. MrFenemore

MrFenemore Regular Member

I know that a few professional mens singles players are using the AN9000. I personally that just purchased some AN9000D's. In Canada, the Li Ning website has a large sale going on. For both the AN9000 and AN9000D, the online reviews are minimal to non-existent. From what I have been reading online though. The AN9000 shaft plays stiffer than what its specs say on the website.

9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

My friend told me that there are two types of 9000C rackets.
    The one which was contributed to domestic market and the one for international market.

In domestic market, 9000C racket has higher price than 9000C racket in international market.

The one in domestic market was 3U racket (~88 gram) and the one in international market was 2U or even 1U (about 95 to 97 gram).

The 88 gram racket is easy to play but the 95gram racket isn't, to unprofessional players.

Is it true ???

10. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    No, I don't believe that's correct. I have 4 of the "international" version and they all weighed about 88 to 89 grams without string and with the stock grip.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’ve got two international version and they’re around 88gr unstrung with stock grip...

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  12. Smash the net

So I couldn't resist and bought a second hand aeronaut 9000. I haven't played with it much so just I'll give my first impressions.

The first thing that struck me was how aerodynamic the frame was. The only other li ning I've tried before was the turbocharging 75ex and from memory the aeronaut 9000 feels almost as fast. Studying the frame I was surprised at how thin it was. It also feels light, almost like a 4u. I weighed it and it was exactly 90g with strings and the original grip replaced with a thin towel grip. The head weight was 41.8g, and seems to be more around the top half of the head. I'd say the flex is medium stiff by yonex standard. The torsion is reallllllly good, I could hardly get it to twist.

On court, the racket is really easy to play with, I was able to get used to it almost instantly. The swing was really smooth, and it has a nice solid slightly soft feel on impact, more shuttle holdy than repulsive. It was still quick on shots like drives and net kills. Power was easy to generate and it was not tiring at all. Control was also really good, it is still stable despite its speed. So far the aeronaut 9000 has not disappointed, it's just so user friendly and without any drawbacks.

13. MrFenemore

MrFenemore Regular Member

Hmm, interesting. I am currently using the AN9000D for doubles as I am an aggressive player both front court and back court. I enjoy a stiffer racket as it gives me greater control. I don't have to worry about technique or swing speed to generate power, and I find the AN9000D is head heavy enough at BP 314mm to generate enough power from the back and give me the quickness I need at the front court. Defense is also surprisingly good for a head heavy racket. I am however still using the 3D Breakfree N90iii for singles. I was thinking of branching away since acquiring my AN9000D's. It seems so heavy and slow. I know its a 3U racket as opposed to 4U, but regardless I am looking to upgrade. I have used the Caliber 900B (N90IV) and it isn't for me.

Would the AN9000 be a good option, or should I stick to Turbocharging/Caliber series?

14. Smash the net

Have you tried the AN9000D in singles? Spec wise it looks like a pretty decent racket for singles - borderline 4u, stiff, head heavy racket. I suggest you try the AN9000D in singles and if you like it you can consider getting the AN9000

15. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Ordered two 9000C and then... shutdown.

Can’t wait to try them out... currently using mainly Tc70 which is really great but drains my energy too fast, it’s wonderful if you’re playing your best but when you become tired it’s not that user friendly at all, when you’re at the back it will become punishing... great smashes are hard to harness.

Recently tried 7000B which is really great, easy power, swings really fast for its specs, faster than N9ii which was my previous go to.
    It makes me wonder if I would have rather ordered one 9000C and one 9000...

16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

How's the flex compared to the TC75ex? Li-ning rates the AN9000 as flexible, so it should be softer and a lot softer than a Yonex medium if that is correct?

17. Smash the net

I no longer have the 75ex anymore so I can't really compare. The an9000 isn't as flexible as you would think, I would say that it is atleast a yonex medium.

18. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Sounds good :) Thanks!

19. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Sorry for the late feedback. Been occupied lately with shift works. I feel 75D has slightly stiffer shaft and shorter shaft length compared to n7ii. This is probably why it is harder to generate power with 75D. Overall weight of 75D is also a factor why it does not deliver hard oomph during smashes.

I would say they are quite different rackets. N7ii is more all rounded for both singles and doubles, where 75D excel in fast paced doubles, especially for front court player.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Swat likes this.
  20. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

Just got my TC75C here in Canada..... can't wait to use it.... Although, it feels heavy and stiff - hope I can manage it. Did I just buy a training racket? Cards on the table though, I bought it because I love how it looks.

yenyesoh likes this.