Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone have any good pictures of the new gold and blue N99 colourways? I've only found a couple of not so good ones online.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Abu Tanki likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First sessions with the N9II is over, so it's a good time to share my first impressions. Best thing first: I used it for the whole 2 hours session with a couple of MD and MS matches and there was not a single point at which I have thought about switching to one of my other rackets. At the end of the session, I felt like I could swing this thing forever without getting a tired arm. So this should already give you a good overall impression about the general direction of this review. The racket swings evenly balanced but still with enough weight in the head to feel where it is and where it's going.

As a long term JS10 4U user I was stunned about how easy the N9II is to use. Adjustment time for clears/drops: Zero. Effort needed to get good length in clears: Zero. The very first clear I hit gave me that thick "smack" that we all want to hear. Sweet spot seems to be huge and even if I hit clearly off-center, the shuttle still goes (almost) in the desired direction. That's my definition of a forgiving racket.
    It moves fast and -as the measured numbers already indicated- feels pretty light for a 3U racket. Of course, a JS10 4U moves even faster but from memory, it's not far away from a JS10 3U - and IMO faster than a JS12 3U. Thinking about it, I can't remember any other 3U racket (except JS10) which is faster than the N9II. The shaft has noticeably more flex than a JS10 and is even a tad more flexy than a JS12 AFAIR. That's why I had a couple of smashes that ended up as shoulder-high drives (an yeah, some of them landed far behind the backline...). After dialing that in, smashes felt great too. Power was very nice and also easy to achieve (that's the positive side of the flexy shaft...). It has to be said that I'm not the hardest hitter though so I wonder what rockets a real smash-monster could get out of it. Oh wait... I guess we just have to watch FHF in his Rio matches to get a glimpse of what's possible. ;)

Feel is typically Li Ning: Dead solid with lots of control. I just couldn't get enough of playing all sorts of drop shots from the backline. Especially sliced drops were a joy.

Summary: The N9II is a keeper and seems to become the only 3U having a permanent place in my bag. I can see why it currently is such a best seller. Stunning looks, fast, effortless power and easy to use. So this should fit a lot of players out there. I'm going to crank up the tension a bit with the next string job, but since the LN1 job it arrived with feels pretty nice (well done, @Rob3rt!), this might have to wait a bit.

dave010, Rob3rt and Orangbiasa like this.
  4. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
  5. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    So, how do u compare this to n99? Faster and head heavy than n99?

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's a tough one to answer since I can only compare them from memory. IMO both rackets are very close in terms of head speed and balance. The N9II probably is a tiny tad faster, the N99 had a tad more weight in the head. Biggest difference is the shaft flex with the N99 being stiffer. I found the N9II to be more forgiving but I guess that is a very personal impression.

Actually thinking about it, I almost reget to have sold the N99 so quickly. Maybe this one should have deserved to get a little more time. :oops:

FahadM likes this.
  7. jobdelacruz

jobdelacruz Regular Member

Draughtsman/CAD Designer
    I too turn to the dark side, haha! My bad ass twins.
    N9ii is indeed a great racket to behold as per review here in BC. I can generate great smash and defend faster with this racket! Thanks for all the review! Drool haha!

Strung with No. 1 @ 27lbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3627 jobdelacruz, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  8. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Please someone compare n9II with DZS for me. Different beasts probably, but i am looking for some li-ning alternatives..

9. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Very different...
    n9ii vs DZS is like :
    easy to use vs difficult
    flexible vs stiff
    big frame/large sweet spot vs small
    all out attacking/effortless smashing vs control
    amazing color schemes vs black and white (with a bit a red) :D

10. necrohiero

Student
    That different? Woh. Interested really.

11. necrohiero

Student
    Someone can sell to me in Germany? :p

12. thevileking

thevileking Regular Member

I understand this is rather late, but may I inquire who this is? It's for ...erm...research purposes

13. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Dont see much comparisons between N7II and N9II, so...anyone?

14. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

N7-2 is likely to be lighter head and stiffer shaft. Though difficult to quantify as neither racket has made it onto Lining's racket chart yet.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

N7ii is significantly stiffer and similar in weight. Due to being stiffer it feels a bit lighter. For me, both were too light and as a result, lacked power because I didnt have the time to adjust (N7ii more so than the N9ii). Very very strong in thw drive and defense areas though.

16. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

anyone here use lining razor 98? or the other razor tipe?
    i really curious with razor 98

jriblaze likes this.
  17. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

Thinking of getting either N7II or N55II. Maybe both?

eric213 likes this.
  18. jriblaze

jriblaze Regular Member

Me too. Hopefully can find someone who can give a review here.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DD using Tapatalk

19. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Ok guys, i had enough practice time with n(2). First of all, color scheme is wonderful. It was strungwith lining no 1 at 28lb and first time using this string. I m really pleased with this racquet. I didn't know i would say this one day, but n9(2) edged over my 4uzf2. After long time i had the pleasure to hit really powerful smashes and it's satisfying. I feel like to smash all day with it and no fatigue, awesome drives, great backhand, i repeat- great backhand(clears, drops, drives, smashes), easier to use, solid drops from back, still need to get used to front court drops due to its slight flexible shaft. Someone mentioned that the racquet feels lighter like js103u which is right. There is a solid feeling to it, stronger punch and the ping sound to it is nice. I don't know if it is the string or the racquet itself. I liked it so much that i have 2 of them now. There r a lot of great things i did on the court with this beauty which is really satisfying. Lastly, everyone is different and has different tastes. So, plz take it as a pinch of salt to ur thoughts.

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Where did you get the N7-II from? Smoof doesn't have it, afaik. At least not on their website.