Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

It's pretty much what I did with different numbers for the tension. I didnt regret it and coming from BG80, number 1 is like repulsion heaven. :D

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

LN1 is kinda have silky/sliperry surface so i doubt it would be better for control.

ucantseeme and visor like this.
  3. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    Seems like I have to go back to No.1

BG66 feels nice for the first 4-5 weeks but afterwards they just feel like a brick wall, after 2 months they just feel dead.

Has anyone tried the LN66 Extreme that could give us info how it feels on medium tension (25lbs)

4. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Well if it's too slippery/silky it won't be on my racket for long!

5. visor

visor Regular Member

You'll know when you counterattack... the angles of your shots coming off the stringbed becomes less predictable.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Clearly you are not a fan of No.1, and neither will I be if it does that. I'm usually the guy up front making the super fast exchanges that require great accuracy. So what did you change to?

7. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Testing No.1 now. What would be some symptoms of it being slippery? For instance, when I hit kill shots to the sidelines, instead of landing right on or very near the line, they are going out. Could it cause this?

#1287 Scrench, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Want my advice? Don’t overthink it. Just play with it for a while and let fingers and guts decide if you like it or not.

In general, I’m a bit surprised that No.1 is now labelled as slippery apparently. I’ve just strung BG66UM, and that thing is definitely more slippery than No.1 and so far I haven’t read anything about 66UM being slippery. You want slippery? Go look at NBG95 for example. No.1 is somewhere in the middle in terms of being grippy imo.

Saru, LenaicM and Sumanth99 like this.
  9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I've seen a picture which showed the name of Lining strings correspond to Chinese players (athletes) in this forum, but didn't find it out. Can you show me if you know it, please!

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you feel the string with your finger, you will feel almost no rough texture on it which is the reason it being slippery. Slicing would be harder when the surface is smooth as the shuttle ball will just slide in the surface. But idk if it had change, been awhile away from LN1. Not coz its bad, just experimenting with other string.

Week ago i try LN66EX. Feel slippery to, not much texture. Repulsive is more or less similar to LN1 & amazing sound. Let see how tomorow performance after a week rest.

11. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

The thing I immediately noticed after getting No.1 back from the stringer is the pungent oily odor, and the strings did feel like some kind of oil/lubricant was on them. I immediately tried to wipe it away as much as possible. And compared to the BG80 Power that I had just taken off, No.1 does feel smoother, not as rough as 80P. If there is any slipperyness, I think it would have to be for those two reasons.

But, so far, I'm in for about 6 hours of playing with No.1, and it actually DOES feel better now than it did the first couple of hours, and still has crispness, unlike any other string I have tried so far.

s_mair likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oily? Greasy? Damn it, I just hate it when stringers are eating potato chips when they are stringing a racket.

BTW, I just managed to break a set of LN1 on my Adidas P6. It has been on the racket now for close to two years (28 lbs. in the beginning), and I’ve used the racket for wall drills and other nasty stuff in the meantime. It still felt fully acceptable until the point of breakage.

#1292 s_mair, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    LenaicM likes this.
  13. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Holy Crap, 2 years? Gotta' love it!

Yeah, my first reaction was why did my stringer use a lubricant to string my racket and not wipe it off?

14. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Just did some testing with LN1.
    I have 2 of the same rackets and strung LN1 @25lbs on the same day, 1 day to rest in bag. Racket 1 left in the bag and didn't use. Racket 2 played for 2 days. Onto the 3rd day, and testing them side by side in half court, wow I knew there was a difference but I didn't know it would be this big. Everything was so much duller with racket 1 and had to put a lot more effort into my smashes. Mishits were more common and I believe sweetspot was smaller. I guess this was the reason I have such a love hate relationship with this string. I hate how it plays noticeably worse on the first couple of sessions but then I love the feeling after.

15. llrr

llrr Regular Member

The long term playing quality of this string is definitely one of the best but the two main issues with it really put me off using it again. It's very slippery and it loses a lot of tension early.

16. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Ln1 boost drops 3 lb within a few hours of stringing before even playing. (from 27 to 24lb)

#1296 mew1838, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

wow... Glad i havent try it yet.
    Simillar to 66EX i guest. After long run, it drop quite huge tension.

18. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I mean I guess you can string it +3lb your usual tension but I wouldn't trust too many stringers near 30lb tension. For now I live in a place where I have a trusted guy to do my rackets but if I move to a new place, it would be a lot easier to just ask for bg80 at 26lb.

19. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I wonder how the pros get their rackets strung using this string. Praveen Jordan said he uses 31lb tension with ln no. 1. Does that mean he plays with 28ish tension after the massive drop or does the stringer string the rackets at 34lb and let it settle.

20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hhhmmmm... Isnt pro most likely use fresh string all time he is going on a match? So if he had to burn the string abit, i wonder if he kinda play with his racket agains a wall in his room for few hour.