Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Got my hands on a set of the No.1 Boost. Not sure when I’ll put it on a racket, but knowing myself, it will be sooner rather than later.
    [​IMG]

speCulatius, endFX and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. boby

boby Regular Member

1st try use no.1 at 26 lbs, and use it to play after string job done. I feel the tension too much lower than it should, and when i checked at home on stringster it just 22lbs.

Just cut it immediately, coz i never had this horrible experience with restring, usually my stringer only had +-0.5 different with tension that i requested on bg66um.

I'm not sure this is because he did a bad string job on that day (normally in this shop always recommend @24 lbs minimum for adults). Or is it normal character of no.1 string drop too much in hours.

3. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    the no 1 retains tension longer than bg66um so its probably your stringer

LenaicM likes this.
  4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Although, no1 also has a pretty big tension drop initially before stabilising for a long time. I'm not saying it should go from 26 to 22, but it's at least 2-3lbs.

5. boby

boby Regular Member

yea.. probably due to mix both issue, my stringer maybe just did 24 or 25 lbs, and cause of no.1 initial tension drop 2-3lbs.

i still curious for no.1, so next stringing i would increase 2 lbs for this one.

btw... I've another's good and bad experiences for .65mm string. (bg66um and bg66f). when try tension >28lbs. its just snap on half game.
    how bout a bit thicker string like bg80/80p. should I use same tebsion 26lbs. or adjusted?

#1265 boby, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

66um or f shouldn't be snapping half a game in at 28lbs. It's either you're mis-hitting or your grommets need to be replaced, or something's wrong with the stringing.

7. boby

boby Regular Member

yes for miss hitting, but it's strung on a new racket, and maybe with the string job also. that's one reason i want to try another string like no.1 or bg80/80p.

i want to find a stronger with miss hitting than bg66um/f, would keep in good feeling and not too much tension drop to survive around one two month (20 hrs) by alternate the racket at 25-27 lbs. after that I'm happy either it'll snapped or cut.

any recommendations for next string and tension that should i try? mostly i use for Vtzf2 4u and ax88d 3u

thanks.

#1267 boby, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    you can also try zymax 66 fire power or 64tx for more control they can last 1,1.5 months

9. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd suggest ZM62F or GT5.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

10. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    Gt5 drops tension very quickly

11. visor

visor Regular Member

There are other strings much much worse than that ... eg. BG65, BG66UM, VS850...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

12. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    IK

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No.1 Boost test is postponed...
    [​IMG]

And seriously, I wasn’t even pulling properly when it snapped. Weird.

Apart from that, it felt pretty much exactly the same as the normal No.1. If I talk myself into it, it might feel a tiny bit rougher, but definitely far from being significantly. Shame that actual test has to wait now.

14. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Maybe you should check your latest video on grommets...

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Which one? I thought it was about dried fruit and alternative contraceptives.

speCulatius likes this.
  16. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I'm probably done with li-ning. After 4 strings on different rackets, it never excited me Going for zf66 and ion 65 as my go to strings now

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

My summary after years of using No.1 can't be any more different. Just recently, I re-activated two rackets that wore 2+ years old No.1 jobs, once strung to 27'ish lbs. One of them was used for wall drills and other sorts of mis-treatment in the meantime. Going on court (expecting nothing basically), I was stunned about how lively and perfectly acceptable both of them felt. And believe me when I say that they still felt tighter than several fresh 27 lbs. jobs that I've seen and played over the years. :rolleyes:

So one thing I know for sure after this - if I suck on court with a set of No.1 on the racket, then I know it's myself who is to blame.

18. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I totally agree with you, just give that stringjob 4+ hours of play, to settle down. After that it shows its brilliance. I have GT5 xLN1 hybrid on my D10, and was about to cut it after 2days of play, but on the 3rd day, the stringbed felt so much more lively. I am glad that I didn't cut it, I think I have to retest the LN66EX, because I cut them on the 2nd day of play.
    For me currently LN1 is the best all round string.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

s_mair and Sumanth99 like this.
  19. Signature

Signature Regular Member

So I've sourced some NO1:s and should i go up 1 or 2 lbs in stringing since the tension drops rather fast? Currently playing either Bg80p or zymax Fire at 28.5lbs

20. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

My BG80 Power finally starting feeling like a hair net, so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I get to restring with the No.1 I've been carrying around in my bag for 3 months. I've got to say though, that if No.1 disappoints, I had no problems with BG80P other than I should have strung it a pound or two higher. It stayed playable for a couple of months, and in my opinion, since I don't like the feel of thin strings, beats BG66 UM, Aerosonic, and BG65.

I went with 22 lbs. for the BG80P, but want a little more control, and since No.1 is a little thinner, figured I'd get a little more repulsion out of it. That, plus knowing that No.1 drops 2-3 lbs.tension quickly before it settles in, I decided to go with 24 lbs. for this restring, hoping to keep enough of a bigger sweet spot to get my lousy shots still over the net, and get more control while losing none, if little power.

Does this sound Reasonable?

#1280 Scrench, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    s_mair likes this.