Li-Ning No 1 Boost

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bjt1, Dec 13, 2019.

1. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

How does it compare to other popular strings like BG 66 Ultimax, BG 80 and the original No 1?

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Used no1 boost on my n7ii @27x29 lbs with yonex 2 piece pattern. Thicker than original no.1 with more repulsive, and seems to have better tension retention than original no.1. the feel of the string is slightly on the harder feel compared to bg66um, but not as hard as bg80.

The string claims to be 0.66 mm, but irl is somewhat around bg80 thickness. Therefore hitting sound is not as crisp as 0.65mm string like original no.1 and bg66um.

In my opinion it is a great string from li ning. It have pretty similar traits of no.1 where it plays better after as the string ages slightly. I have not tested the durability, since i played with it for 6 hours.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Any updates on the string @Terraglow

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Strung this at 27lb but within a few hours before I managed to play with it, the tension has dropped to 24ish... Reminds me of vs850 in terms of tension loss, insanely bad.

Same stringer as my other rackets who strings my bg80 at 26 with almost no tension loss after a month even.

Feel wise, it isn't as "lively" as bg80. The shuttle feel on the string bed is vague as opposed to bg80. Repulsion wise, I can feel a tiny bit more repulsion than bg80 but I never had trouble generating power with Bg80 to begin with. Overall an enjoyable string to use but I really hate strings with tension loss. At this rate, I have to string it at 28/29lb to end up at my 26lb preferred tension.

The one plus point over bg80 is it doesn't leave my arm as sore after the session.

5. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Wait and watch if there is any improvement in feel after sometime like the normal No1.

6. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Managed to break the string, but i did not really count how long does it take to break (roughly since december with twice a month sessions since there is covid and lockdown..) I do feel tension loss, but not as bad as the original No.1. i did put the string with pre stretch (not sure 5 or 10% from the stringer). Comparatively it is still a better string compared to No1 imo. But again i guess its personal preferences for what string suits you well. I would personally still prefer yonex strings such as bg80 and abbt since i am in Malaysia at the moment, it still make more sense to buy yonex strings since they are cheaper here, and i opt for the li ning string because it was significantly cheaper in my home country (indonesia).

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Aaahh... You people have so much options in terms of badminton equipment

Meanwhile, :::Badminton fanatic From India, silently sobs....

8. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

2nd session, pretty big improvement in repulsion and hitting sound. The hitting sound is so good. Control is also excellent. Tension has dropped to below 24...it's around 23.5 now which is ridiculous. Definitely have to try this at 29lb so I can play at 26...

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  9. Slowsloth

Slowsloth New Member

Hello, may I ask if anyone has a long term durability review of this string? Does it also hold tension well after the initial drop , and playable similar to the original no. 1? Thanks :)

10. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

About 2 years inactive.
    Hold tension is really sh*t, don't ever use this if u care hold tension.
    Durability No1 boost better
    No.1 is better for hold tension

#10 Kwarevo, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Slowsloth likes this.