Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

Curious to know what other brands maintain this level of consistency.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I think it's fascinating how 0.4g of the overall mass just so happens to be in the head weight too

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Saru, s_mair and Sumanth99 like this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't get this at all too. To get a bit more nerdy, you can even rule out differences in the grommets since I've re-grommeted both racket right before that very string job, using the same types of grommets and cut them exactly the same lenghts (best to my abilities...). So either the red LN1 is heavier than yellow (will do some measurements on that one to max out the nerdiness level...) or we have to accept that the red one has 0.4 g of carbon hidden somewhere around 12 o'clock. Which would be weird, hands down.

4. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    How about a 0,4 g Paintchip?:p

I would suspect the handle to make the biggest difference since it is some sort of wood. One could be more humid then the other or some splinter came off when removing the grip, ...
    Doesn't explain the headweight though.

Really surprised actually that they are this close even with grip and string on.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

the heavier one is the one with the only paint chip that would deserve the name. And I guess that would be more in the 0.04 g region... ;)

But hands down, if they manage to stay within a +/-0.5 g corridor over the whole production lot, then that's a great consistency. If you're a Victor user, you aren't even shocked with 2-3 g difference in total weight. :rolleyes:

Sumanth99 likes this.
  6. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Anyone ever weighed the original grip?
    (I'm sure someone has posted before, but can't find it :))

7. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

When I bought mine, I could weight all rackets inside the shop like 7~8 and they were also in the same margin. Same with the 75D!

8. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

Guys, have both the n9ii brown/pink version and TC75EX. Just to check is there any difference between the brown/pink version and tc75? Honestly, having tried both n9ii brown/pink version @ 24lbs and tc75ex @27lbs. Honestly, they feel about the same however, it maybe due to my imagination that tc75ex feels abit heavier/solid than my n9ii after trying both of it court. A good analogy for this comparison is like a z slash vs i slash, just that both have the same flex(maybe tc7ex is tiny bit stiffer). Going to re-string my n9ii to the same tension as my tc75ex and pump in a few more hours into court time and lets see how it goes

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  9. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

Guys false alarm. Both feels the same to me after re-stringing both racket to the same tension (probably just me but EX version does feel abit more solid upon contact, maybe it is a placebo effect of the 35lbs max string tension) . It is strange how strings at different tensions is able to change the overall of how the rackets feels....

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Not strange at all if you ask me... :rolleyes:

11. Swat

Swat Regular Member

It's easy to confuse string tension with stiffness...

12. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

Yea bro. Totally uds what you saying. The overall feel upon contact is different when playing with same stiffness but different tension. Low tension tends to give off a feel/image of softer flex (less control) as compared to high tension. No wonder alot of the bros love to play with high tension.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  13. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I did some new measurements on my n9ii’s and found there’s a difference in balance point in about 3 mm (or between 3 and 4 mm). The black/pink one being 3 mm higher than the green. Using the exact same string and grip setup. It’s feels quite different in weight when swinging.

That got me thinking of something I read a while ago. Could it be that the first version had a 298 mm bp and the later a 295 bp? In that case, the difference would be explained.

14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’ve got three N9ii black pink and they’re all at 295mm
    It should be a matter of production time

15. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Yes I remember that the original specs sheet mentioned 298mm for N9ii and was changed to 295mm shortly after release..

16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I remember that back when the N9II was still sold, we have seen both bp values depending on which shop you were looking at. And since I'm following Li-Ning, I have learned one thing: Don't give a penny on any of their specs or matrixes. ;)

Seriously guys, what we see here is nothing but inevitable tolerances that are involved in every production process. It doesn't take much to shift the balance point by 3 mm - heck, I find it even difficult to measure the actual balance point precise to the last millimeter tbh. So I'm pretty sure that something in the range of +-0.5 g in head weight will be enought to cause that shift. And that is still on the fully acceptable side in terms of tolerances.

#1457 s_mair, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    speCulatius likes this.
  18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

double post

19. LeeAdilie

LeeAdilie New Member

Hi, got question. It's that 75c upgrade of n9ii? not so many review on 75 racket.

20. llrr

llrr Regular Member

No, it's just a head heavier, stiffer version.