Li Ning cubic locking grommet replacement?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ZeroXRS, Apr 20, 2019.

1. ZeroXRS

ZeroXRS New Member

Student
    I wondering if anyone has experience replacing Li-Ning's cubic locking grommets before. Do generic grommets work well? Or do I have to find specific LN grommets?

I'm asking because I'm considering a new LN racket that has the cubic locking system and since I haven't found a mine full of diamonds yet, I would like the racket to last beyond a handful of string jobs. But the grommets are square head (which are hard to find) and not sure if the "slim" grommet system will fit regular round head grommets. (note: I have not had a chance to see these rackets in person so that I can make the assessment myself)

Also if anyone knows where one can get some square head grommets that fit these LN rackets, it would be awesome.

Thanks

2. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Normal grommets should fit, maybe with some trimming with a pair of wire cutters. I haven't tried yet though.
    Try nagging LN on Facebook for them to release a set of C.locking grommets onto the market, they usually reply pretty quick.

3. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Tried normal grommet, doesnt work unless you trim a bit.. And the grommet cant be rotated because the length and the shape is not symmetrical.. So you can only string the original grommet at most twice.. For a high end racket, this is unacceptable

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You can find a box with the cubic locking grommets on taobao (https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...4db6f8&upsid=5238bd089fec7c40ee5dc56f984db6f8), the Li-Ning internal part-no. should be "AXJK006-2". But sadly, there is nothing to be found about it anywhere else it seems. So yeah, might make sense to message them through Facebook and ask them about it.

If everything else fails, then write a PM to @JJ0907, also known as the "grommet king" and ask him, if he might still have access to them.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    E1981 have them as well. E1981 is a reliable source for Li-Ning and also got their hands on the CP-coded stuff. The normal Li-Ning grommets work as well. If you push them a bit into it. This was 2 years ago also the official advice by Li-Ning Europe when I wrote them an E-mail.

LoaS and s_mair like this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Great! I have to say that I haven’t looked on E1981 for a while now since most of their prices were just ridiculously expensive.

7. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    I coincidentally just happened to find these grommets at "racket-outlet" (a german badminton store). I think they ship to some other European countries as well. In case anybody is still looking for them. I assume that any shop that sells the regular lining grommet box could order the cubics as well.
    https://www.racket-outlet.com/badmi..._outlet_com&___from_store=badminton_outlet_de

Wondering if the grommets are useful for sinking frames or weight tuning...

s_mair likes this.
  8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think they are doing a great job around the 12 o’clock area and they offer a bit of relief for already slightly sunken holes. And they are a lot cheaper and easier to get than those special T-shaped grommets. So IMO it’s a safe bet to have a pack of those cubic locking ones in the drawer.

endFX likes this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Speaking of the devil, I just finished re-grommeting an s awfully sunken Yonex Nanoray.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks good to me.

Apart from that, I’m once again seriously shocked by the frame quality. Just for the record - that frame has never seen tensions above 24 lbs.