Li Ning 66 Extreme

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Vivek Bagadhi, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Had a new LN 66 EX String on 1 session 3 hours ,not sure why but this time the string feels completely dull,same as above i cant hit hard and all my hit become weak,lob become very hard but the sound is still there
    So i apologize for my first comment that says it was a good string,gonna try it for more sessions

2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I don't know freshly out the stringing machine, it felt way more repulsive though than the LN1, only that after some sessions and this string feels too dull and sofffffft(I have never tried the BG66ULTIMAX, but from what I have heard, LN66EX could be similar or even worse in the feel dept after a few sessions.) I will be trying this on my AX88D next and give it another chance. By the way I am using the Lime green colorway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    That's the word I wanted to use. It is 'dull' and also softer than LN1.

I string all my racket myself so I know the best tension and string pattern that suits me. Out of the machine the string didn't sound good and fair enough when I played it at night it was so disappointing.

BTW the string tension drop 1.5lbs just after few hours coming out of the machine (not even played yet).

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  4. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

I actually happened to try this LN 66 EX as it is relatively cheaper, newer and was recommended by my stringer at my nearby badminton store.

I had this strung, manual at 29 lbs with 4 knots on my VT ZF2. I have played with it for around 3.5 hrs,

My very first impression is yes I really do think this string is kinda soft and the repulsion that it produces is somewhat underwhelming. It still produces a great hitting sound though but I really feel like this string is different from the famous BG 66UM.

This is probably imho not the best string out there but I can tell that this string will be quite durable due to its proper coating and from what it offers in term of power and control, I'd say it'll do the job just enough.

It's going to take time for me to adjust with this string as I am a 66UM user

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

5. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    Had second session last night. It was way much much better than first session.

It was more alive now. It was very close to LN1 performance. The sound it made like a boom sound which I like it.

6. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Let see how it performs after a few hours.
    I will also be stringing my N9II at 30lbs this time. Let's see how it fares.

7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Strung my N9II with the LN66EX at 27lbs and should say today's performance was in sync with what my first review was, had a 1 hour session with it and repulsion was too good, sound was great too.

Now all we need to see is how it holds up.

8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hey did anyone try LN No 1 Boost ?

Would like to see a comparison between No 1 vs No 1 Boost vs 66 EX.

Thanks.

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So i string my spare unused racket with it. Mostly i didnt use it, just on some occassion when i play lazy games with my lower level friend. At fresh, its quite impresive string. Repulsive & booming sound, but after sleeping for quite 6 month or more, its become well cooked noodle with its cheewyness. It slide in extreme way & very lousy tension.
    I know all string would be dead for long time, but never experience this soft rubber feel in the string & lose this much tension.

10. Croavistar

Croavistar Regular Member

Tried the LN66EX for 2 hours and nothing new from LN. Substandard strings i simply do not know how they source their OEMs. I have tried various Chinese strings and while they arent as good as the Japanese, they are still decent and value for money but not LN ones. This is a mushy overcooked spaghetti. Entirely void of feel. So what if it is repulsive when there is simply no connection whatsoever. On the contrary, the Yonex Skyarc, despite being mushy and a trampoline, does have decent feel and control just about getting used to.

11. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Look out for the No 1 boost if you can

ShinIori likes this.
  12. Croavistar

Croavistar Regular Member

No.1 boost is a relatively hard string though not as hard as BG80P. Crisp and repulsive with good control when freshly strung but the sting doesn't last a month no less disappointing than its predecessor No.1. BG80 is still the one to beat'

ShinIori and yan2xp like this.
  13. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Adding another bad review of this string.

When I bought AN9000c, it came with this string. I asked to be strung at 28, 4 knots, my usual.

I was excited to try this racket but it was very underwhelming and disappointing. I felt like selling it right away.

But to be fair, i had to try it on my usual setups; string and stringer. I put bg80 on and voila, it became a different racket.

It could be a bad stringing job (not my stringer) but looking at several bad reviews here, most likely the culprit is the string.

For anyone's reading, don't bother with this and just go for no. 1 (if you want lining). From a chart of pro lining players i saw, no one uses this too.

14. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Are you still using the string? What's your long term feedback?
    I recently found this one in local store and wanted to check before stringing it.
    I am currently using lining no 1 or Adidas F66.

15. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Get the Exbolt 65

16. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Tried 63 and 65 both. Liked 63 but hard to control, 65 feedback is not as great as lining no 1.