Let's find out ideal grip size

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Jurethatsme, Jul 16, 2007.

1. amleto

amleto Regular Member

My equivalent measurement is 116mm and I like yonex g3. the panda power 'g5' is too small for me I think.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

OK - can anybody beat this?

Behold the Pringle tube that passes for a grip on one of our club rackets:eek:. For the record, the black grip is 4 5/8 inches around, being comprised of a Victor G4 factory grip and three Karakal Super PU; my T2, next to it, is 3 3/8 around.

Attached Files:

3. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

HOLY COW!!!!!!!! That's like the hitting part of a baseball bat!!!!!! Totally ridiculous!

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I prefer big grip size as well. Since all the rackets i have are within G3 & G4 sizes, i'll have to add 1 layer replacement grip over the original grip, then 2 layers of overgrip! The problem is, my head-heavy rackets are all now feel like light-head! I love head-heavy rackets but hate small grip size. 1 replacement grip (Yonex cheap replacement grip) + 2 overgrips = light-head racket. Does someone have the solution for this? I also tried to replace the manufacture grip with thicker replacement grip (1+ mm), but then i'll end up adding 2 extra layers of overgrip.

5. johnchang

johnchang Regular Member

none
    I've seen a similar grip - although even larger (!) - than the one on the right. I did use such a large grip once but I quickly went back to my usual grip size cos the 'elephant trunk' sized grip just felt weird and the hitting sensation was horrible.