Let my "road of injuries" be a lesson for many

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by SantaSCSI, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Being a bit bored today (and waiting untill my server rebuild completes in 6 hours :p) so I decided to write this post.

About 1 year ago I started playing in a second club. This meant playing 5 times a week instead of 1 a week. Already having a history of "jumper knee" on my right knee, I started to notice some stress on both of my knees when time passed by. Competition started in September which put even more stress on my knees. By the end of the mixed competition in December the pain never went away.

A visit to the doctor revealed fissures and calcification on both tendons under the kneecaps. Result: 9 revalidation sessions, daily exercises, shockwave therapy for both knees and NO badminton.
    Another complication is a 7Kg weight gain. Although this is expected when you go from 5 sessions a week to zero, it really strikes you like a hammer when you put it all together.

It has been 3 months without Badminton now and the end of the tunnel is nearing. In a few weeks I'm allowed to play again, albeit only once a week and not 100%. It will probably take a few months before I'm back in form so I'll probably not make the next season unless all goes very well.

Let this be a motivation for all who are struggling with injuries. It's NOT fun to have to stop playing the one sport you love, to watch other people play and to watch tournaments online.

ALWAYS act when you feel something is wrong, don't make the same mistake like me and wait untill there is no denying ;).