Lessons and key observations from WC

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by pjswift, Aug 27, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Haiya cooler, relax lar:D:D
    chill..have some kit kat:):p

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually I don't think they are rude comments. Just expressions of comprehension deficiency which could be caused by my poor report clarity.
    In any case, this report is like history. We all know historical 'facts' can be very different depending on the historian. There is no ultimate truth but are just personal interpretations for you to get another picture. Even abedeng and I saw different things, regardless of whether we were seated next to each other or on opposite sides. There's just SO MUCH to take in and we have to decide which match(es) to concentrate on. It 's not for me to be concerned about feedback but analysing upsets is fascinating but of course it will be a personal viewpoint.

There's no need to agree or to take sides.

I actually expected those upsets to happen based on the rationale given. I was also experimenting to gauge how 'mentally strong' CHN players are, so I decided to get involved. (LYB got so mad he admonished the lone supporter to 'shut up' when I cheered for TPE XD, so to make him lose face and understand he's wimp outside his team, the dosage was increased to such an earful, one can imagine LYB getting tearful when inexperienced TPE XD won one game off CHN XD multi champion. I don't think LYB will ever dare boss any spectator again unless he enjoys opportunities to 'lose face'.)

Crowds do help influence match outcome. For Team CHN, that's crucial. That's why LYB has to arrange for strong jia you support everywhere (yes, even in INA, MAS and SIN tournaments), not just in China. If a stronger CHN player has no jia you cheers,(esp before SF) and their opponent has some support, the outcome would be anybody's guess.

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

"over! PJSWIFT, over! Can you hear us? Return to your planet... Earth is too dangerous for you. Over!!! Hurry!!! Return to your planet... hurry!!!"

According to you, LYB must have a HUGE family tree to be able to gather lots of people all over the world.:rolleyes:

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    No comprehension deficit from here, i fully comprehend your poorly written reports.

While u claimed that chinese players needed support of jia you fans to win, how come wang lin won over Saina in Saina home soil and support? How come lin dan was able to win WC titles in Madrid, KL and Hyderabad, places where jia you fans are hard to find? You discussed in depth how LD lost to TH in 05 WC but casually overlook a BWF record of LD's 3 consecutive WC titles after 2005? i believe the comprehension deficiency is residing on the other side.

remember your other key observations? hmmm, let me recall:

1. a beijing taxi driver told u or your fren that majority of chinese dislike lin dan. I would say LYB does a great job of finding jia you fans in china

2. in 2007 japan open, u gave details how lcw's great mental strength beat taufik but in fact lcw almost lost because of his sudden collapse of mental strength

feel free to give us more of your great game analysis

#24 cooler, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009