LEGENDS CORNER

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Anks, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I would rank Chong Wei higher than Chen Long in the GOAT Debate now that I have seen post peak Chen Long for quite some years now. However if Chen Long grabs the Olympic Gold next year, then he will become the second Greatest MS Player of All Time.

Anks likes this.
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Because you cant ignore the fact that LD directly stopped Chong Wei from getting two Olympic Golds and the marathon SF in Rio took the lungs out of Chong Wei.

Anks likes this.
  3. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Hey Mr.Lenaic I hope your doing good and staying home and everyone in the family is healthy too !

I wish I could take selfie with her however I managed to get to her through one of her friends in the media and I shared him my post here on Badminton Central and he forwarded it to her and then she responded back to me and thts how I kind of connected to her and for me it means so much for me to have her even read my post and appreciate my words.

Cheung likes this.
  4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

While I agree with you that LCW is one of the finest badminton players of his times and he has some great achievements under his belt like 3 OG Silvers and Multiple WC Medals which speak volumes of his major consistency but I would be wrong to put CL below LCW.

What I believe would be fair is probably give LCW a wild card entry into the Legends Club for his extraordinary Hatrick of Silvers in OG and WC..Though he couldnt win neither the OG Gold nor WC Gold which are the biggest tournaments of the Badminton but his sheer consistency of being the second best and sometimes just unlucky to get that Gold is I think just unfortunate.

So I am considering it however as you rightly said that CL could get into GOAT Club if he wins another Gold at OG next year so Im waiting for the next olympics.

I have a list of players on my upcoming adition to the list of GOAT,LEEGNDS and ALCs, TTY is on my list as well though she has been unlucky to get even a major bronze however I will wait for 2021 Olympics and '22WC and see if she stands at that podium or not because If not next year then her chances of ever standing at OG or WC as winner will get bleak...so there are a lot of possibilities and Im lookin forward to the next years Major Tournaments.

Thanks for the suggestion !

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

All good thank you! Hoping everything is well on your end too! Stay safe!

I meant Carolina Marin the Spaniard hehe. Not Camilla Martin. Their name looks pretty close! I was referring to your meeting with Carolina Marin at the Syed Modi. :)

Anks likes this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Oh okiez Mr.Lenaic I dont know how to share the pictures here on this forum but I am putting it on my DP aka Profile Pic plz see it and lemme know

LenaicM likes this.
  7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Now that's cool! :)

Anks likes this.
  8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thanks a lot Mr.Big Bro....I also have a pic of The GOAT Madam Gao Ling signing a T Shirt for me..If you wanna see that then I will put it on my DP as well also I have response of Legend Madam Camilla Martin of her official twitter handle where she acknowledges me...if you want I will put all the pics for you to see.

LenaicM likes this.
  9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Definitely! You can post it here using the "upload a file" button.

Pretty cool to meet your idols. I don't really have any and I kinda support all players as I admire all of them for their dedication to the sport but I'd love to play against a pro once, even 11 points for fun to witness their talent. I was close to achieve that around christmas when a French pro players (he started in my club and visit sometimes) was doing mini matches with club players but he was tired when it was to be my turn and kindly asked to stop. Next time! :)

Anks likes this.
  10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

WooW thats so kool Big B...I sadly could never play due to personal reasons..But Im gonna upload all the images of my achievements now I think I will have to edit the Size of the file..K lemme upload for you and other friends !!

11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

20200424_185105.jpg Hello All my Badminton Friends.

Here is The GOAT the Champions or Champion Madam GAO LING Signing T Shirt For Me..Proud to share that Madam Gao Ling had seen my post and she was pleasently surprised that an Indian boy would be so much knowledgable of her achievements and be a great fan...She even said that IM HER BIGGEST INDIAN FAN.

I wish to get to meet all the OG/WC Champions of Badminton and if not then at least get my thoughts and appreciation to them through my posts is my ultimate dream !!

12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

There have been some rumored news from BWF or so I read somewhere that they ar planing to bring in the 11 point system back in the circuit,now tht would be a drastic change for all the top players to get used to however I do feel it would benefit the attacking players more.

So for me,Its a Good news cause my Queens Sindhu and Marin are both Attacking players and that might help them win some more World Tittles and OG Medals pretty easily:D

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

REST IN PEACE LEGEND MARKIS KIDO (1984-2021)
    [​IMG]

I had been inactive on Badminton Central for quite some time due to most of badminton tournaments being cancelled and being busy with my personal life a little however, this tragic news has gotten me bothered ever since I learned about it. As the biggest fan of all the World/Olympic Champions I had to take out time to talk about this great Badminton player who offered us,the world badminton fan community, some of the best doubles matches of all times and proved time and again why he is the best in the world.

CAREER/ACHIEVEMENTS

Late Legend Mr.Markis Kido was born in Jakarta and had started playing badminton since a very young age like most of the legendary players do and he grew up to be one himself in the doubles department with his marvelous Jump attacking play and quick movements on the court along with his tactical awareness fully complimenting his then major partner Hendra Setiawan,a legend himself.

The Biggest Achievement for any athlete is to win the coveted Olympic and World Tittle both being the most prestegious of any sport and Late Legend Mr.Markis Kido has both of these biggest tittles of Badminton to his name and what is more special is that he won both of them consecutively -:

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS

OG 2008 G
    WC 2007 G, 2010 B

Apart from these two biggest crowns he was a consistent winner at the regular tournaments as well which helped him gain his career high WORLD NO.1 ranking in september of 2007.His performance not only shone bright at the Majors but also at various regional games as well like the Asian Games/Asian Championships.

ASIAN GAMES
    2010 G, 2006 B

ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
    2003 S, 2005 G, 2009 G

The late legend has about 30 tittles under his belt including OG/WC and myriads of podium finishes too as Runners up and Bronze medalists.
    He didn't just play in MD category but also was as great in XD category and has couple of tittles like Thailand Open and Vietnam Open to his name as well in this department.

His fantastic play at the Olympics in 2008 Final against the Chinese Greats Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng is still etched in the memories of all Indonesians and Badminton fans to this day how it all went to full stretch of 3 sets and despite the Chinese agression and early celebrations both Mr.Kido and Mr.Hendra didn't lose their composure and continued to play tactically eventually coming back in the game and winning the Biggest tittle of 2008 in Beijing.

Similarly a year earlier in the Biggest tournament of 2007 the World Championships he won against the Korean Greats Late Legend Jung Jae Sung and Lee Yong Dae in a close contested match with 21-19,21-19.

Late Legend Mr.Kido may not be with us physically but his spirit and achievements will forever shine in the hearts of all Badminton Fans and his Medals and Tittles will forever speak of his legendary status as the biggest champion of our sport.

I'm sure Mr Kido is now in the heavens and playing singles with Late Legend Mr Jung Jae Sung they are the World Champions of that beautiful world too.

PERSONAL MESSAGE

My Heart goes out to the family of Mr.Kido and all my fellow Badminton fans in Indonesia and around the world who are mourning the loss of this great legend but be assured if you love Badminton then legends like Mr.kido are waiting for us to cheer for them in the havens too !! I have seen him play in India multiple times as he was a part of the PBL and Im fortunate and lucky to have seen his amazing power play on court.

We Will Miss You Legend but you will forever stay alive in our hearts and in Badminton !!

Stay Great and Im sure you are the Champion of that world too !!

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

2021 HALL OF FAMERS

I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts of Legend Madam Zhang Ning ( Only WS player to be Twice Olympic Champ and First WS to have Highest no. of WC Medals of all colours ), is the one who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and Im so glad that this year Legend Madam Zhang Ning is given her due recognition as one of the finest players of her times.
    [​IMG]
    Madam Zhang Ning

OG G,G

WC G,S,S,B,B

Also ,The Chinese MD Greats Legend Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng ( Both OG and Multiple World Champions ) have been inducted in the prestegious club as well whose record in itself speak volumes of their greatness in our sport.
    [​IMG]
    Sir Cai Yun

OG G,S

WC G,G,G,G,B,B

[​IMG]
    Sir Fu Haifeng

OG G,G,S

WC G,G,G,G,B,B

Thank you BWF for paying attention to Badminton Fan's wishes and Congratulations to all the three Legends of our beloved sport.I wanna thank them for contributing their marvelousness to our sport and blessing us with years of amazing power play through their beautiful skills !

Madam Zhang Ning / Sir Cai Yun and Sir Fu Haifeng you all will forever be our legends and we will love you as our Champions forever !!

#74 Anks, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Justin L and Woesi like this.
  15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I will be missing my Queen Carol at this year's Olympic Games but Im glad my other Queen Sindhu is still there and I hope she wins her second Olympic Medal too !

Im glad both these best friends are in constant contact with each other through texts and calls and we all saw the heartwarming video message sent by PV to Carol after her injury recently and also Carol's heartfelt message for Sindhu to encourage her for winning an OG or WC Gold just before the year she actually won the tittle and as told by PV in her recent interview to the ESPN, Im glad Carol is also guiding her in her preps for Tokyo and Im sure she is letting her know about some tricks against other girls.

Here is a short text from her recent interview with ESPN about Carol - "When I first heard of the injury, I texted Carolina. Recently, we chatted again on her birthday (June 15) and she asked me about my preparations and wished me luck for Tokyo. I understand the pain she's going through. Even with her not around, it's not going to be easy in Tokyo."

Come Back Stronger Carol !!
    We will miss you but we know you will be back !

16. Anks

Anks Regular Member

PUSARLA VENKATA SINDHU
    "The Queen Of Majors"

Indian Badminton Legend my all time favourite PV Sindhu also known in the Badminton world as the "Queen Of Majors" has just proved why she is called by this tittle as she won her Second Consecutive OLYMPIC MEDAL a Bronze at Tokyo 2020,the reigning World Champion is a class of her own !

Love you Legend !!

Sumanth99 likes this.
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

World No.1 Does NOT make you a Legend !!

After Olympics 2020 I have seen my beliefs coming true and realized I had been right all this while where the very expected and percieved players both by rank and performances at the regular circuit got knocked out in the earlier rounds or didnt get the results they were the favourites to.

We saw Kento Momota Two times and reigning World Champion and ranked number 1 bowing out in the prelims by a much lower ranked player from korea.Quite simillarly we saw the "World No.1s" in MD pair from Indonesia being out at the group stage by world no.3s and if not exactly the same scenario but a little unexpected result also came in WD where the reigning No.1s were ousted in groups and the expected Chinese pair lost to much powerful INA pair who ironically have never even touched this "World No.1" mark yet they ended up winning the World's Number 1 tittle the biggest there is.

In WS it was again the same story the hot favourite longest reigning "World No.1" TTY ended up losing the the prestigious Oly Gold and her chance of winning her first major tittle and had to settle for a silver which is not a small feat to achieve but the reason why Im giving the example of these players co relating to their rankings is to debunk the myth and propogation of this false narrative that "World No.1 is an achievement" in reality at the biggest tournaments its just the form and those players who are mentally strong only could make it to the podium.

I can name many players who were or have been no.1s but never even won a single major tittle..let alone the tittle not even an Olympic or WC medal.I can also name many Non Number 1s who have ended up winning the biggest tittles of badminton like Oly/WC without this myth of ranking and in these olympic games of 2021 we have seen that happen right in front of our eyes.

So next time you bet on a player or have expectations from a player on based of their world ranking ...Be a little careful cause rankings are always decieving...they never reflect a players form or achievements what does is the players performances at Oly/WC and tittles/Medals at Oly/WC.

Stay tuned for more posts about the Legends coming up soon !

#77 Anks, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Very Intresting Article by the Bridge and Its absolutely correct if theres any Greatest badminton player from Indian badminton its the Legendary PV Sindhu !!

https://thebridge.in/badminton/pv-sindhu-india-greatest-shuttler-ever-23939

The Legend is in a class of her own..with 2 Oly Medals + 5 WC Medals of all colours + World Tour Finals tittle already...she has achieved what no other Indian badminton player has achieved !

Sindhu is the GOAT of Indian Badminton and undoubtedly one of the most decorated Major WS player in Badminton World !

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member