Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

Yes by 25 he had already about 5-6 years of experience as champion, whereas Kevin at 23 years right now only has 2 years of experience of champion, but imagine the LYD at 30 years of age should have plenty of experience and wiser decision making in every shot ( although smarter choice of shots doesnt always mean that your shot will happen exactly the way you want it )

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't think you got my point - LYD was already as experienced as he could ever need at 25, the additional years from then on didn't do anything for him in terms of experience. Emotional maturity might help a bit, but imop it helps less than the physical decline from 25 to 30 detracts.

wade likes this.
  3. ericksakti

yes I get that point, however I also think that the minions also was not on top of their form yesterday (considering fatigue and also not on form Marcus), if the one playing LYD yesterday was on form minions like we see in AE 2018 this year I think the result yesterday will be much more lopsided.

4. Origin

Origin New Member

Difference being LYD didn't asked by reporter how it feels to play Kevin :D

Who the f*ck talking about XD, and LYD won 4 WC medals? So you consider silver and bronze as achievement. You are the same person who disagree on Natsir achievement in XD, you're trying so hard to win an internet debate coach :D

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I didn't intend to make any statement about their match this week, haven't seen it yet, can't judge it. Even if the result had been different, I don't think it would've said much about how those two compare, as one pairing has played lots of tournaments and might be fatigued a bit, and the other one hasn't. Then again, the more rested pair is much older and can use that reason to explain their loss....I really don't think one match is conclusive at all. That being said, I definitely expected the minions to win. Even if LYD had partnered a fitter, quicker player I would have predicted that result, the age difference and long break from top badminton is too much of a disadvantage, even for a one-off upset win.

6. ericksakti

hmmm yes yes I agree, anyhow after seeing the match I can see that LYD is still capable of becoming a world contender, his reflex speed was really fast and I would say his defense is still better than other MD player right now including the minions

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It is because of his solid and strong defense that he can still be a strong contender at his age. If he were a strong smasher or attacker like FHF for example, I don't think he can do as much.
    Well, FHF could still be a contender until he was 32 but he was with Zhang Nan at that time but he was much weaker in power due to injuries and age.

8. ericksakti

Yes, with his current playing style I think if he start taking the game seriously he can be a serious contender at least for another 2-3 years

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He could be the next Boe (still strong and so good at 37)

10. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Okay just watch some of his old matches that some people here suggested and my goodness, he was already so good back then at only 20 years old (I think?)...I never thought lee yong dae was that good at such young age. definitely need to watch more of his old matches.

11. ericksakti

his talent was unreal, and he got the nerve of steel, a deadly combination

KHALID81 likes this.
  12. event

event Regular Member

They are already qualified for the All England. The Hong Kong Open will give them 24,000 points and on the M&Q, that will be multiplied by 2. Right now, 48,000 would put them at #20 in the adjusted world rankings. Some pairs who didn't play Dubai last year might crowd into the top 20 after Guangzhou but Lee and Kim will get another 4,000 points even for losing in the first round of the Malaysia Masters. Top 32 on the AE M&Q is almost a certainty, I'd say. But 2 first round exits in Thai and MAS Masters would give them fewer adjusted ranking points because once they rack up points from 6 tournaments, their actual points will only be multiplied by 1.6667 instead of by 2.

Still, in the last 3 years, there has never been a doubles pair at #32 on the AE M&Q list who had more than 30,000 points.

wade likes this.
  13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nice to know. I never bothered to figure out how the point system works tbh hehehehe.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

14. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

I believed mid of next year is the time we can see them properly match fit.. Touch is still there but still rusty and definitely match fitness is the biggest issue here..

Old korean folks are coming back stronger including INA ahsan/setiawan as well... Look forwards to it..

#3714 ownz.uno, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    stanleyfm likes this.
  15. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I still think that going back to the national team might help them play better than they are playing now. Just a thought. But I know that they have their freedom now on how to utilise their time for games and family.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

16. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

That's a good news then if they can play in all england next year. hopefully they would be in better shape next year.

Watching the last rally in game 1 against mfg/kss I still wonder how on earth lyd control everything with a broken string, just amazing.

stanleyfm and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  17. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

BTW did anyone know if yys are still playing ?

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Someone posted in the other thread that YYS is playing in Dubai IC

19. wade

wade Regular Member

Possible match up : R2 vs endo/watanabe, QF vs boe/mogensen. it would be interesting if they met boe/mog in QF, look like the danes have been regaining their form again and actually almost beat minions in R2 of hongkong open.

#3719 wade, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  20. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Yah..he's here in Dubai