Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. gothic.quincy

gothic.quincy Regular Member

Student
    and he has left his friends after that..
    he is growing up fastly...

2. winnie

winnie Regular Member

haha really?? did u know him by then?

3. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    I sat near a group of squealing LYD fans straight from Korea and man, my ears hurt... Hahaha. Honestly I'm a little annoyed by the fact that he's actually the eye magnet of the game, not the game itself, and the fact that the fans are only screaming for Lee Yong Dae like he's playing alone... *cough Jung Jae Sung fan here cough cough*

4. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Unemployment ... *Hopely ended soon*
    alvisiny: event already answer ur question ^_^ .. actually i know him since 2005 .. but i try to get his info as well as i can get ^_^ .... .. yeah the Great Perf in MJIO 2004 .. get 3 medal ... ^_^ haha ...

just wonder why did he stop his MS career??

haha ...

oiya he started badminton @ 8 years old :)

5. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    only 5 or six years so lee yong dae's face hasn't change ...
    I confused
    why he lost in beijing olympic with Jung JAe sung ?
    For me , he is g0od player ...and doesn't want to give up with the other ....:)

6. justme_manda

justme_manda Regular Member

Education
    Although I'm a fan of LYD too but I agree that he's getting too much attention. He's a doubles players and if I were in his partners position, it not easy to feel totally good. Since they worked hard together but each time all we hear is "LYD! LYD!"

Shouldn't it be "Go korea!"

7. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    o...
    hahha
    wow wonderfull
    He ever play at MS ?
    But I think he show the best performance in MD....
    :)

8. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    Yeah ...
    He's a doubles player ...
    It can be make him feel tired
    But in Indo open I think he didn't show <he is tired>
    hahah
    LYD have many fans in each country

9. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Agree 100%. Handsome or not, cute or not, they're athletes not actors... It should be "Daehan-minguk" or "Korea" or... squeal both names! Lol

Disturbing other watchers' concentration, the girls' squeals are...

10. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    wow u watch live...
    ahha
    he is cute la
    hahaha
    JJs fans why cough ???:confused::confused:

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..no, i didn't know him at all that time. All i remember was he was surrounded by a few other teammates and they were all hanging out together in one group.
    (okay, telling the story again). So what happened was, it was during the Finals Rd, and it happened during the MD match between Tony G. & Bob M. vs. Ohtsuka & Masuda of JPN. Of course, the home crowd was cheering for Tony & Bob. But Yong Dae and his buddies were chanting "Nippon! Nippon!" and "Tonami, Tonami!" (the baddy club where Ohtsuka & Masuda are currently still playing). Soon, after the match had ended, i, along with the home crowd supporters were cheering and out of nowhere i felt this nudge on my side. Apparently, my cheering seemed to bother the KOR squad. I kept clapping and cheering and i felt another nudge. And that's when i turned around to find out who was poking me. And there he was, sitting down looking in a gaze, pretending as if nothing happened. And that was my first time really noticing him. I wonder though, if i was never nudged, or if i never sat in front of him, would i even remember that boyish-but-naughty looking face or not??..hmm[​IMG];)
    ..why he lost in his first ever Olympics w/JJS? I'd say, it's his first time, no experience in such a big stage & facing a much veteran pair in Jonas Rasmussen & Lars Paaske. However, i'd expect LYD (and JJS) to do much better in the next OG, if they're still together.
    ..has Yong Dae ever played Singles? Yes, he had played Singles before, but not in real international competition (read a few pages back in this thread, i believe it was mentioned).

#2211 ctjcad, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  12. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Off Topic Reply Much?

I did. Even got a handshake from LYD himself, haha
    I mean I am a JJS fan here, coughing 'cause people @Istora are all "Lee Yong Dae! Saranghae! Kyaaa kyaaaa Yong Dae kyaaaa!" instead of "Go Korea! Daehan-minguk! Go Lee Yong Dae! Go Jung Jae Sung!" :p

13. jubsjubs

jubsjubs New Member

HAHAHA!!! yeah i felt annoyed too when i heard those girls (maybe all girls in that stadium, except me) shouting "lee yong dae..oppa"...for me, i just see lyd as one of the best korean player..he's so talented. he has a good play, strong defence , and good stamina i think, he's quite good while playing in front of the net..the most important is he has a very big will to win the match..i believe, not so long, he will be on the top..(if im not mistaken, lyd and lee hyo jung are number 1 in WBF rank now, isnt??)..
    yeah maybe he's handsome, but i dont see that from him..maybe not my type actually.hahaha..

so pity, jung jae sung, who played very well too didnt get any support..hwaiting jung jae sung!

14. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Count me out from the squealing girls because I am supporting Cai/Fu and actually a fan of JJS! Agree with your opinion though, his play is superb indeed

... But Lee/Jung has beaten Kindra, and I'll never forgive them for it! Lol

15. jubsjubs

jubsjubs New Member

hahaha..so we make it two people!...

hhhmmm..too bad kindra couldnt win that time..but i think, lyd/jjs played better than them..they deserved to get that title laahh..
    kindra permainannya lg turun deh...ga sharusnya peringkat 1 dunia main kyk gt..ayo smangat kindra!

16. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    Anyone joining us? Lol

Yeah, I agree... Something's up with them, as well as Taufik- he's playing like he can't do anything against Lee Chong Wei! Let's look forward to the WC... will it be Kindra? Lee/Jung? Cai/Fu? KKK/TBH?

17. jubsjubs

jubsjubs New Member

i think no one..boys maybe..haha..

hmm..what i saw from indonesians players are they have lack spirit to win..maybe they have good skills (i believe indonesians players have it), but if there's no strong will, they wont have the power to win the game..just see how chinese and korean players play, they always keep trying, run after the shuttlecock no matter what...eventhough they are in the critical poins, still they wont give up..
    yup, taufik played perfectly since the first time in IO, but at the final, its like the anticlimax..seems like he couldnt do nothing to break lcw's attack..too bad..

i hope our players can do that forward..still hope..so much hope for kindra!!

18. ways2rock

ways2rock Regular Member

Student
    That sure is a major problem. Why waste the skill? Apparently most of our players are well, being straightforward and blunt, wasting their skills by lacking the will to win. As supporters, it's pretty discouraging- we put our faiths in their shoulders, yet they don't give in their best.

Our player must look up to Saina Nehwal- she never gave in the fight, she wants it bad, she deserves it.

Or... Do our players need LYD's specialty- as in, heart-melting smile during the serve? Or maybe the squealing fans to encourage them? (applied to both LYD and BCL) Lol, mere theories, no scientific explanation

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ya,he did,in junior stage
    and also in senior stage
    the famous 3rd ms in 2008 tc/ub qualify round final
    that time,mas vs korea 2-2
    he vs hafiz;)

20. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    o..